Partner/Founder2015 - PRESENTQuantumIOT
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS Lambda, Amazon SQS, AWS S3, AWS, Redis, PostgreSQL, D3.js, jQuery, React Native, React, AngularJS, Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Created a secure end-to-end data analysis and visualization pipeline following the lambda architecture for operational insight into large dine-in theater chain used by thousands of client employees using Ruby-on-Rails, AngularJS/D3/Bootstrap, and AWS S3/SQS/Lambda.
- Developed a flexible open source data ingestion agent in Node.js for capture and of files and streaming socket data for upload into AWS S3 with 100% test coverage -- https://github.com/QuantumIOT/s3-ingestor.
- Developed an open source testing/scripting tool using Node.js to exercise the API of the qiot.io IOT device management platform with 100% test coverage -- https://github.com/QuantumIOT/qiot-io-cli.
- Advocated/supervised establishment of Azure Active Directory for a large client, and used SAML integration to provide single sign-on (SSO) for their operational analytics website, online ticketing system, and collaborative corporate Wiki.
- Led an agile software development team to create a React Native mobile app strategy for large client's consumers to perform online restaurant orders and bill payment.
- Used machine learning using RNN/LSTM technology in Python to provide forecasting of movie attendance for large dine-in theater chain.
- Developed embedded IOT agent in C on top of FreeRTOS to provide MQTT integration for OBD-based GPS tracking device to collect/report driver behavior data to the qiot.io platform.
Adjunct Professor/Entrepreneur in Residence2015 - 2016The University of Texas at Arlington
Technologies: Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis, PostgreSQL, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Taught graduate course in “Web Data Management.”.
- Supervised research for Masters and Ph.D. students.
- Published peer-reviewed papers such as with IEEE.
- Oversaw several visiting scholars from Italy for research project.
- Acted as liaison for corporate research gifts.
VP, Software Architecture / Applications2007 - 2015Numerex
Technologies: Redis, MySQL, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Built a team of web/mobile application developers, DevOps experts, and offshore development resources to deliver “managed services."
- Architected and provided initial development for UplinkRemote -- a web and mobile solution for remote control of home security and home automation systems using Ruby-on-Rails.
- Architected and provided initial development for HeartAssist -- a web-based solution for remote monitoring of LVAD medical devices for client Reliant Heart using Ruby-on-Rails.
- Collaborated on the development of a carrier-grade network analytics solution for detecting anomalies within SS7 and GPRS communications used for dramatic operational cost reductions using "Big Data" technologies Hadoop and Spark.
- Created a technology suite used for customer applications in vehicle and asset tracking, oil and gas tank farm monitoring, and other M2M/IoT domains using Ruby-on-Rails.
- Created an open source Node.js agent for embedded Linux devices capable of remove device management and streaming data capture of serial and socket data communications from industrial control systems -- https://github.com/numerex/m2m-supervisor.
VP, Product Development / Customer Solutions2004 - 2007SensorLogic
Technologies: MySQL, Oracle, Flex, JBoss, Java
- Transformed an early-stage development team to achieve hardened production quality software deliverables through process leadership and hands-on mentoring of the development process.
- Led successful technical engagements with key customers with field deployments of a distributed solution involving both embedded and service-based software to provide sensor fusion and analytics for a global fruit harvesting/shipping/storage operation and commercial pork and poultry management systems.
CTO/COO/Founder1997 - 2004Alibre
Technologies: ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, Java
- Created a patented, peer-to-peer, distributed computing solution bringing 3D solids modeling for mechanical design to the Internet.