Founder, CEO2016 - PRESENTAutoScalr
Technologies: Machine Learning, AWS, Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, Docker, ECS, GraphQL, Node.js
- Conceived, architected, developed, deployed, and operated AutoScalr AWS Marketplace SaaS service for cost-optimizing auto-scaled workloads. I used advanced machine learning to determine the most cost-effective cluster to power a specific workload by leveraging different instance types, a blend of spot instances, and predictive analytics to ensure operational requirements are met.
- Presented at DevOps Days in Dallas, Rio de Janeiro, and Florianópolis. Average client savings of over 50% of monthly AWS spend.
Product Manager2007 - 2016Quest Software (Acquired by Dell)
Technologies: Application Performance Monitoring, Java, Network Sniffing, Customer Experience Management
- Managed a multi-million dollar product line of SaaS APM products hosted on AWS.
- Interfaced with customers, drove product direction, and guided engineering teams with an Agile development approach.
- Presented at multiple conferences, including Keynote Speaker at Mobile+Web DevCon: San Francisco 2015, and break-out session at Velocity Santa Clara 2014.
Systems Engineer2005 - 2006Tealeaf (Acquired by IBM)
Technologies: Networking, HTML, Web
- Ran the technical pre-sales interaction with prospective customers, including demonstrations and on-site proof-of-concepts.
- Met or exceeded quota targets on a consistent basis.
CTO2002 - 2004Apalu
Technologies: Voice Rrecognition, Natural Language Recognition, Telephony Integration.
- Developed voice recognition and the website bot.
- Co-founded company.
- Won the Best of Show award from the Dallas Call Center convention in 2003.
Solutions Architect1999 - 2001Eprise
Technologies: Content Management, Web
- Developed customer presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concepts.
Account Manager1996 - 1999Objectivity
Technologies: Object Database (NoSQL)
- Managed the central US territory for object-oriented database technology.
- Met or exceeded quota on a consistent basis.
Development Manager1990 - 1993NASA
Technologies: C++, Linux, UNIX
- Managed the specification and development of an electrical power system simulation software for optimizing International Space Station mission plans.
- Conducted R&D for shuttle operations that reduced operational costs.