Independent Consultant2019 - PRESENTFox Group
- Oversaw the ETL development and operation for a Fortune 100 client to process millions of point-of-sale transactions daily. Technologies leveraged: Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Glue, Athena, Python, PySpark, Aurora, and Redshift.
- Spearheaded the DynamoDb Global Index design and abstraction to Node.js interface for integration with a medical scheduling web application.
Founder, CEO2016 - PRESENTAutoScalr
- Conceived, architected, developed, deployed, and operated AutoScalr AWS Marketplace SaaS service for cost-optimizing auto-scaled workloads. I used advanced machine learning to determine the most cost-effective cluster to power a specific workload by leveraging different instance types, a blend of spot instances, and predictive analytics to ensure operational requirements are met.
- Built the UI in React powered by GraphQL and AWS Amplify leveraging DynamoDb for persistence.
- Presented at DevOps Days in Dallas, Rio de Janeiro, and Florianópolis. Average client savings of over 50% of monthly AWS spend.
Product Manager2007 - 2016Quest Software (Acquired by Dell)
Technologies: Customer Experience Management, Java, Architecture, Management, Docker
- Managed a multi-million dollar product line of SaaS APM products hosted on AWS.
- Interfaced with customers, drove product direction, and guided engineering teams with an Agile development approach.
- Presented at multiple conferences, including Keynote Speaker at Mobile+Web DevCon: San Francisco 2015, and break-out session at Velocity Santa Clara 2014.
Systems Engineer2005 - 2006Tealeaf (Acquired by IBM)
Technologies: Web, HTML, Networking, Architecture
- Ran the technical pre-sales interaction with prospective customers, including demonstrations and on-site proof-of-concepts.
- Met or exceeded quota targets on a consistent basis.
CTO2002 - 2004Apalu
- Developed voice recognition and the website bot.
- Co-founded company.
- Won the Best of Show award from the Dallas Call Center convention in 2003.
Solutions Architect1999 - 2001Eprise
Technologies: Web, Content Management
- Developed customer presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concepts.
Account Manager1996 - 1999Objectivity
- Managed the central US territory for object-oriented database technology.
- Met or exceeded quota on a consistent basis.
Development Manager1990 - 1993NASA
Technologies: Unix, Linux, C++
- Managed the specification and development of an electrical power system simulation software for optimizing International Space Station mission plans.
- Conducted R&D for shuttle operations that reduced operational costs.