Software Consultant2013 - PRESENTVesto Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React Native, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS
- Worked with a variety of clients to architect and build all sorts of projects from one-off systems to full-scale product prototypes (which were later used as the foundation for a production-scale application).
- Built full-stack applications using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL to create RESTful APIs that could be reused across clients, including single-page web applications built on React/Redux.
- Created cross-platform apps, using React Native, that share large portions of code while still maintaining a native feel—dramatically cutting costs while still keeping users happy.
- Worked for clients including OLIVERS Apparel, Matchbook, DidIt, Earth Moves, A&O, Riverence, Elevate Labs, Mixboard, OR Online, and SALIDO.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Weebly
- Worked on a small team dedicated to building Weebly Promote in their satellite office in New York.
- Designed and implement a real-time statistics engine capable of handling very high loads.
- Worked on upcoming products on the iOS platform, using mostly Swift and quite a bit of Objective-C.
- Built various features and systems for Promote on the front- and back-end using Backbone and PHP/Laravel.
Front-End Engineer2013 - 2016OLIVERS Apparel
- Acted as a sole developer while working in a small team consisting of the founder and a designer to build and maintain OLIVERS' presence on the web.
- Integrated various Shopify apps, analytics software, etc. into the site.
- Replaced the legacy jQuery-based components of the website with cleaner and more maintainable React.js equivalents.
- Designed and implemented HTML email templates for use in MailChimp.
- Implemented the OLIVERS desktop and mobile designs on top of the Shopify platform.
Software Engineer2013 - 2015Matchbook
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MongoDB
- Worked on a small team consisting of the founder and two other developers (both working on separate projects within the company) to build Matchbook's presence on the web.
- Created various internal tools for business analytics and developer/user happiness using CoffeeScript and Reactive.js.
- Implemented a landing page design and functionality using Rails.
- Created an analytics dashboard for monitoring the KPIs of the business.
Web Developer2012 - 2013University of Rochester
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Worked on a small team consisting of myself, a second developer, and a project manager to maintain the Warner School of Education's user-facing and internal websites.
- Wrote Warnup: a custom deployment utility in Python. A link to my GitHub page can be found in my portfolio.
- Designed and implemented a custom interface around the BigBlueButton video-conferencing system for the school's intranet.
- Designed and implemented an equipment reservation system for faculty/staff use.
- Implemented a custom digital signage system.
Technology Intern2010 - 2012Hamilton Central School
Technologies: Python, Google App Engine
- Designed and implemented a custom system for displaying information on the school's main hallway display.
- Implemented a system for provisioning custom Linux images for re-purposing legacy computers on the school's network.
- Designed and implemented a web-based replacement for the current paper-based budget request system using Google App Engine's Python APIs.