- Senior DeveloperFunding Circle2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby, RabbitMQ, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, PostgreSQL
- Designed and architected core customer facing technology.
- Delivered two major transformative projects to help the company lead the peer to peer lending industry.
- Led my peers as senior member of a team of 10 developers.
- Developed new micro service projects in a hosted Docker infrastructure using AMQP messaging.
- Maintained and improved existing code and supported the core new business pipeline tools and customer facing website.
- Senior DeveloperThe App Business2014 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, Amazon Web Services, Akamai
- Designed and built the new back-end API architecture supporting News UK mobile/tablet applications.
- Led a team of three developers and mentored junior new starters.
- Worked in a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum team.
- Worked across internal and external client teams across editorial, business, marketing, QA and technical operations to define solutions and ensure successful delivery.
- Created production APIs supporting The Times Sport, Sun+ Tablet, Sun+ Mobile and Sun+ Goals mobile/tablet applications and 50,000 concurrent users.
- Senior DeveloperMoney Advice Service, United Kingdom2014 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Bower, SitePrism
- Created a re-usable pension calculator as a Rails Engine.
- Created re-usable, stack independent Bower assets packages for re-use across projects.
- Worked within a cross-functional, Agile team using BDD principles.
- Worked on-site in London for full integration with the existing team.
- Participated in team projects and technology presentations to promote cross-team communication.
- Senior DeveloperSquare Enix Europe Ltd.2013 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, AngularJS, Grape, Swagger, Faraday, Devise, CanCan, Sidekiq, OmniAuth, Thor, ActiveAdmin, GitLab CI, Steam Web API
- Designed and created tools to facilitate management of the company's live games.
- Worked closely with the company's global offices in Canada and Japan to facilitate global roll-out of the tools.
- Designed and implemented system architecture and continuous delivery systems.
- Created re-usable API client libraries to allow other departments to consume game data.
- Designed and created UI components to allow rapid integration with additional games.
- Senior DeveloperHead London2013 - 2013
Technologies: JRuby, Padrino, Celluloid, Jasmine, Azure, Swagger
- Created multi-threaded API clients with JRuby and Celluloid to consume government content APIs.
- Created a high performance API using Redis and Varnish, documented using Swagger.
- Built responsive front-end code in a TDD workflow using Jasmine.
- Created and released a Conscript Ruby gem for creating and managing drafts of ActiveRecord instances.
- Worked within cross-functional, Agile teams.
- Lead DeveloperLoveThis2011 - 2013
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, SendGrid, RSpec, Solr, Resque
- Created a RESTful API back-end service to power the web site and native mobile applications.
- Designed and created a responsive web client.
- Mentored junior team members and participated in pair programming.
- Handled system architecture and design.
- Integrated SendGrid API.
- Lead DeveloperWilloughby Stewart Associates Ltd.2008 - 2011
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Solr, RSpec, Facebook Graph API, Twitter API, YouTube API, Sage Pay
- Led the development team and established team workflows and technologies.
- Consulted with clients to create innovative solutions to business problems.
- Created multiple projects for brands such as Fairline, Costa Coffee, Tesco, Carling, and Punch Taverns.
- Featured in a 3-page article in .NET magazine issue 200, for use of 3D on the web.
- Created a booking system for UK's largest pub chain.
- Created Facebook apps for Tesco and others.
- Project Manager/Lead DeveloperDatasouth UK Ltd.2008 - 2008
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Gathered requirements, ran client meetings, developed functional specifications, and created wireframes.
- Researched, defined, and improved the tools and methodologies used in the company.
- Handled delivery of all client projects throughout the full project cycle,.
- Consulted with clients to produce solutions to business problems.
- Wrote my first projects using Ruby.
- DeveloperEstée Lauder Companies UK Ltd.2007 - 2008
Technologies: PHP5, Zend Framework JDEdwards, IBM DB2
- Created and implemented a global company-wide web application for security, coding, and documentation standards.
- Achieved Zend PHP5 Engineer certification.
- Created an eCommerce system responsible for the majority of sales to non-EDI customers.
- Created an internal IT support alert system.
- Created a touch-screen point of sale system used in retail concessions throughout the UK.