Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Architect and Developer
Steve is an entrepreneurial-minded IT professional who has worked with Fortune 500 companies in the transportation, manufacturing, real estate, healthcare, and banking industries. He is an expert in the IT spectrum, including business principles and processes. Steve is highly experienced in cloud and enterprise architecture, cybersecurity, infrastructure management, real estate development, and project management and implementation in a multi-site, multi-host, and global environment.
Windows, Unix, Azure, Cloud, SD-WAN, Networking, Big Data, IT Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is collaborate with other technologists to develop and deploy the new technology framework currently used by McDonald's.
- Developed reusable architectural artifacts with connectivity, compute, storage, application development and deployment, and cloud security tailored to Azure Stack HCI or Edge, IoT, and Azure Arc portfolio offerings.
- Led initiatives geared at building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly distributed multi-region cloud-based systems for enterprise clients.
- Fostered strategic partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Google, and industry-leading original equipment manufacturers and independent software vendors to increase the sales pipeline of NCR's Managed Cloud Solution Integrator (MCSI) practice.
- Partnered with product development, solution architects, sales and marketing leads, and internal legal counsel to generate go-to-market strategies for NCR's MCSI practice.
- Created an Azure Cloud syllabus, led group discussions, and mentored stakeholders and service architects on Microsoft Azure., resulting in 15 staff members becoming Azure certified and moving the company to a Microsoft Gold Partner status.
Partner, Business Development Coordinator
Montrose Enterprises LLC
- Established new business strategies designed to diversify and expand the existing real estate portfolio into 60% traditional rentals and 40% short-term vacation rentals, increasing ROI by 35% within the first year.
- Instituted complex, multiphase solutions which were IoT-based, self-sustainable, and scalable while reducing the need for additional staffing, contributing to a 25% overall yearly savings.
- Increased the company's revenue by 25% by starting a new marketing campaign and fostering global partnerships in the hospitality and retail space, consequentially growing advertisement and clientele.
- Spearheaded a county-wide initiative geared at rezoning family homes carrying floors to a legal family dwelling, increasing property value, property tax revenue, and rental income by 33%.
- Lowered operational costs by 30% by implementing infrastructural and functional changes by using environmentally friendly energy, home automation systems, an online self-service portal, and outsourcing repetitive duties.
Senior Security Solution Architect
- Strategized with clients to develop an industry-standard security posture adaptive to changing security threats.
- Partnered with domain and enterprise architects to provide strategically aligned, tactically sound, and customer-centric solutions for complex multi-tower deals.
- Reviewed colleagues' proposed solutions to ensure their implementation is secure by design, economically sound, and within the available capabilities.
- Attended monthly cybersecurity conferences to collaborate with fellow security professionals on emerging security threats and proposed countermeasures.
Senior Solution Architect
- Worked as a senior solution architect and collaborated with business stakeholders, cross-domain colleagues, and vendors to capture a holistic view of the technology landscape.
- Provided multi-technology solutions inclusive of all aspects—infrastructure, application, and related technology components—to address key business drivers.
- Employed a broad view of technology and business acumen to architect solutions that remove ambiguities and develop compelling business value while reducing the go-to-market time frame.
- Led lunch-and-learn sessions tailored to promote industry trending technologies to fellow technologists, resulting in the delivery of solutions that are integrated and targeted to achieve focused business outcomes.
Corporate Technology Baseline for McDonald's
US Airways & American Airlines Merger
This facilitated a seamless transition to the future climate contribution, creating the first PaaS (Platform as a Service) solution within the airline industry. In addition, I reduced the overall migration timeline by six months.
CalHEERS Digital Transformation
Azure HIPAA Security Framework
The solution also included the use of Azure Availability Sets and Azure Availability Zones to provide fault tolerance and resiliency. Further, I included Azure Scale-sets to enable application scalability during peak usage. Since the application would be utilized within the boundaries of the US, I architected a second Azure Region to provide additional fault tolerance whiles enabling a disaster recovery platform.
To ensure that application users would never experience application latency, I deployed Azure Front Door (AFD) as the main content delivery network (CDN) mechanism. AFD provided high performance, scalability, and a secure user experience for the content and application.
ITIL, DevOps, HIPAA Compliance, Azure DevOps, DevSecOps
Windows, Azure, Docker, Azure Functions, Unix, Oracle, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS
Azure Active Directory, Azure SQL Databases, Azure Cloud Services
Cloud, Solution Architecture, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Sentinel, Azure Administrator, Microsoft Edge Computing, Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI), Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Finance, Economics, Managed Services, Edge Computing, Azure Stack HCI, IT Infrastructure, IT Project Management, IT Consulting, Budgeting, Architecture, Cloud Infrastructure, Documentation, Azure Virtual Machines, Authorization, Authentication, User Authentication, SD-WAN, Networking, Big Data, Web Security, IoT Security, Securities, Sales, Marketing Mix, Cloud Security, SIEM, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Digital Transformation, HITRUST Certification, Azure Virtual Networks, Azure Data Factory, Power Shell Commands, Azure Migrate, Windows System Administration, System-on-a-Chip (SoC), TOGAF, 5G
Bash Script, SQL, Bash
VMware, Hyper-V, Azure Logic Apps, Azure DevOps Services, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Ansible, Terraform
Healthcare, Security, IT Security, Telecommunications
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
The State University of New York at Albany - Albany, New York, USA
Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
Microsoft Certified: Azure Stack Hub Operator Associate
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
Cisco Certified Network Associate