Technology Consultant2012 - PRESENTSolviq
- Provided software consultancy and "interim chief technology officer" services to clients.
- Developed a portfolio of reusable software, including open source contributions.
- Held directorships of startups serving the property, financial services, and music industries.
- Developed VoIP telecommunications infrastructure using Asterisk.
Chief Technology Officer2015 - 2019TrackMyMove (Properr Software Ltd)
- Developed the technology strategy, architecture, and DevOps for the cloud-based platform.
- Recruited and led the engineering team to deliver the software and infrastructure.
- Researched and developed configurable workflow and critical path algorithms, which help residential property transactions proceed 40% more efficiently.
- Helped to secure two investment raises and R&D tax credits.
- Implemented engineering good practices and processes, including DevOps automation.
Chief Technology Officer2015 - 2016Delio Wealth
- Supported the executive team through the Startup Bootcamp Fintech accelerator.
- Recruited and led the team to deliver a minimum viable product for a European bank.
- Developed the software architecture and dev ops for the cloud-based platform.
- Implemented JWT-based OAuth2 bearer authentication to support access from on-premise software installations to the cloud-based platform.
- Ensured the platform passed an external security audit and penetration test.
Director2014 - 2015Musiqli (Musiqroom Ltd)
- Helped secure R&D grant funding from the Welsh government.
- Supported the team through Cambridge University Judge Business School’s accelerator program.
- Architected and developed the back end of cloud platform using PHP and Zend Framework.
- Developed search indexes for a catalog of sheet music using Elasticsearch.
- Conducted research interviews with the target audience (music industry professionals and dedicated hobbyists).
Principal Systems Engineer2007 - 2012General Dynamics UK
Technologies: IBM Rational Doors, Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Acted as the requirements manager on an armored vehicle program with 400+ engineers, responsible for managing the system requirements for the entire fleet of vehicles and monitoring technology readiness levels, system maturity and cross-functional design issues.
- Worked as a bid writer for parts of the winning bid that secured the aforementioned armored vehicle program.
- Led engineering for a systems architecture research and development project, managing a lab for evaluating third-party products and developing supplier relationships.
- Worked as a project manager and systems engineer for a communications software project, which required me to set up company-wide guidance for open source software usage within defense projects.
- Held a company-wide systems engineering role, with responsibilities including interviewing, mentoring prospective chartered engineers, and developing company-wide process guidance.
Fast-track Graduate Engineer2004 - 2007BAE Systems Insyte
- Worked in a series of placements across many departments and UK sites.
- Won a Chairman’s Award for a team project on management of high-performance teams.
- Earned a postgraduate certificate in management from the University of Lancaster.