Teaching Associate2019 - PRESENTCardiff University
- Taught part-time at the School of Computer Science and Informatics.
Technology Consultant2012 - PRESENTSolviq
- Provided software consultancy and "interim chief technology officer" services to help clients become self-sufficient in managing their technology.
- Architected digital products, infrastructure, and algorithms.
- Helped companies and their founders to secure investment raises, grant funding, R&D tax credits and access to accelerator programs.
- Developed a portfolio of open-source software with an emphasis on API-based design.
- Held directorships of three startups, listed under the Experience section below.
Principal Systems Engineer2007 - 2012General Dynamics UK
Technologies: IBM Rational Doors, Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Served as a requirements manager on a major program with 400+ engineers, responsible for managing the system requirements and monitoring technology readiness levels, system maturity and cross-functional design issues.
- Worked as a bid writer for parts of the winning bid that secured the aforementioned major program.
- Led engineering for a systems architecture research and development project, managing a lab for evaluating third-party products and developing supplier relationships.
- Acted as a project manager and systems engineer for a communications software project, which required me to set up company-wide guidance for open source software usage within defense projects.
- Held a company-wide systems engineering role, with responsibilities including interviewing, mentoring prospective chartered engineers, and developing company-wide process guidance.
Fast-track Graduate Engineer2004 - 2007BAE Systems Insyte
- Worked in a series of placements across many departments and UK sites.
- Won a Chairman’s Award for a team project on management of high-performance teams.