Co-founder, CTO2008 - 2019Sauce Labs
Technologies: Python, Kubernetes, Selenium
- Co-founded the company and was the primary engineer building the initial product.
- Guided architecture throughout.
- Led the transition to deploy our service with Kubernetes.
- Hired and ran the engineering and product teams. Scaled the development team.
- Architected, coded, maintained, and handed off a complex collection of about a dozen back-end microservices in Python.
- Worked with sophisticated tests and tests infrastructure for a large number of significant companies, including Selenium and Appium tests and most unit testing frameworks and CI systems.
Director, Engineer2006 - 2007BitTorrent
Technologies: Python, Twisted
- Managed the development team through the release of an online movie store.
- Assisted in the development and product management of several versions of the BitTorrent client.
- Planned and guided the release of the product.
- Worked with key stakeholders to secure buy-in for the acquisition of µTorrent.
Senior Software Developer2005 - 2006Grouper (now Sony Crackle)
- Designed and built a file-sharing system in C# similar in idea to BitTorrent.
Software Developer2002 - 2003FolderShare
Technologies: C, PHP
- Built a file sharing system in C and PHP.