Verified Expert in Engineering
Steven began his career as a software developer with a keen interest in startups and new technologies, and a focus on shipping products. After many startup experiences, he decided to co-found his own company and has spent the past decade building Sauce Labs into a successful enterprise software company.
The most amazing...
...project I've built was Sauce Labs, a Saas product for automated software testing used by many tech companies and large enterprises.
- Co-founded the company and was the primary engineer building the initial product.
- Guided architecture throughout.
- Led the transition to deploy our service with Kubernetes.
- Hired and ran the engineering and product teams. Scaled the development team.
- Architected, coded, maintained, and handed off a complex collection of about a dozen back-end microservices in Python.
- Worked with sophisticated tests and tests infrastructure for a large number of significant companies, including Selenium and Appium tests and most unit testing frameworks and CI systems.
- Managed the development team through the release of an online movie store.
- Assisted in the development and product management of several versions of the BitTorrent client.
- Planned and guided the release of the product.
- Worked with key stakeholders to secure buy-in for the acquisition of µTorrent.
Senior Software Developer
Grouper (now Sony Crackle)
- Designed and built a file-sharing system in C# similar in idea to BitTorrent.
- Built a file sharing system in C and PHP.
Selenium, Twisted, Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ant Design
Selenium WebDriver, Asyncio, React, FFTW
Functional Testing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing, Functional Programming
JSON, MySQL, NoSQL, CouchDB, Redis, MongoDB
Async/Await, Scalability, VST, Audio, DSP, Digital Audio Workstations (DAW)