Verified Expert in Engineering
Steven is a full-stack engineer with several years of professional experience. His work includes everything from simple PSD-to-HTML conversions to custom front-end based web applications to API service engineering. Building Raspberry Pi servers for various services projects on the weekends, Steven lives and breathes software engineering and architecture.
Docker, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've architected was a Vue.js front end and REST API back end for a company's operations application.
- Developed custom UI/UX projects in HTML5, CSS3, and ES6.
- Brought our tooling into the modern age with Vagrant, Jira, GitLab, and eventually moved Vagrant to Docker.
- Worked as the lead full-stack architect on a major full-stack project, building a business operations management system (billing, customer management, delivery notifications, etc); composed of a RESTful service and a Vue.js app that consumed it.
- Developed custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Composed minimal data analysis reports for a company to accompany requested reports.
- Wrote SQL reports.
- Helped several people with personal projects.
- Assisted one person with a Node.js course and assisted with setting up the PostgreSQL.
- Taught advanced concepts like closures and anonymous functions.
- Assisted one person with writing a TDD project.
- Cleaned up a lot of legacy CodeIgniter code; sorted out the code into proper controllers, models, and moved application logic out of view.
- Fixed a major efficiency issue for a table plugin they were using by making an Ajax controller that would only feed the table what it actually needed rather than rendering everything at once.
- Assisted in debugging a Cordova app for the site.
- Built an entire inventory reporting application, with Ajax form handling, live calculations, and drag-n-drop support.
- Fixed an old PHP script that took form data and imported it into a PDF.
- Added dynamic site elements such as image sliders and responsive forms.
- Converted pixel-perfect PSD files into HTML (this was before the days of responsive design).
- Assisted in migrating the entire company's set of client sites from a cloud host to a local host, and migrated domain information including DNS records.
- Wrote several blog posts about then-current technology.
Superlinkx Tech Thoughts
I never completed all the features I planned for it because the codebase was getting cluttered. However, it is a fully functional game complete with a high score.
Eating Disorder (HTML5 Game)https://github.com/superlinkx/eating-disorder
jQuery, Vue, Node.js, Vue 2, Vuex, Jira REST API
Terminal, Vagrant, NGINX, Apache, Webpack, GitLab, Jira, Git, Google Hangouts, GitLab CI/CD
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, REST
Ubuntu Linux, Linux, Windows, MacOS, WordPress, Docker, Drupal 8, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
JSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Front-end Development, APIs, ES6 Promises, PSD to HTML, Chrome Extensions
Jinja, Chrome, Symfony, CodeIgniter, TYPO3, Angular, Express.js, Nuxt.js