Full-stack Engineer2016 - 2019Zing Studios
- Developed custom UI/UX projects in HTML5, CSS3, and ES6.
- Brought our tooling into the modern age with Vagrant, Jira, GitLab, and eventually moved Vagrant to Docker.
- Worked as the lead full-stack architect on a major full-stack project, building a business operations management system (billing, customer management, delivery notifications, and more). This project was composed of a RESTful Service and a VueJS application that consumed it.
- Developed custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Composed minimal data analysis reports for a company to accompany requested reports.
- Wrote SQL reports.
- Helped several people with personal projects.
- Assisted one person with a Node.js course and assisted with setting up the PostgreSQL.
- Taught advanced concepts like closures and anonymous functions.
- Assisted one person with writing a TDD project.
Web Developer2014 - 2014Bonk Media
- Cleaned up a lot of legacy CodeIgniter code; sorted out the code into proper controllers, models, and moved application logic out of view.
- Fixed a major efficiency issue for a table plugin they were using by making an AJAX controller that would only feed the table what it actually needed rather than rendering everything at once.
- Assisted in debugging a Cordova app for the site.
- Built an entire inventory reporting application, with AJAX form handling, live calculations, and drag and drop support.
Front-end Developer2011 - 2011Rapidfyre, Inc.
- Fixed an old PHP script that took form data and imported it into a PDF.
- Added dynamic site elements such as image sliders and responsive forms.
- Converted pixel-perfect PSD files into HTML (this was before the days of responsive design).
- Assisted in migrating the entire company's set of client sites from a cloud host to a local host, and migrated domain information including DNS records.
- Wrote several blog posts about then-current technology.