Steven J. Cox
Verified Expert in Engineering
Embedded Software Developer
Steven is a highly adept problem solver who cuts through business fog to find root causes and deliver pragmatic solutions. He has deep expertise in all aspects of the product lifecycle and 12+ years of varied industry experience, including medical devices, biotech, media, application development, legal and patents, mining, customer service, and consulting. Steven is a direct communicator and skilled collaborator across organizational and company boundaries.
Visual Studio, Git
The most amazing...
...system I designed, built, and coded is for blood pressure control for critically ill patients. It was tested successfully in the Royal Melbourne Hospital ICU.
Founder, Product Developer
- Designed a system for servo controllers. The system is Atmega328p-based and controls up to 128 servos. I developed C++ libraries and main routines, including self-test diagnostics and the user interface.
- Designed, manufactured, and debugged prototype circuit boards.
- Completed successful acceptance testing with the client.
- Founded ClearEvent with partners in Ontario and San Francisco. ClearEvent is a full-service event logistics and collaboration platform.
- Drove feature development based on customer demand, developed features and decomposed them into stories, and led backlog triage and grooming to focus work on the most valuable features.
- Developed extensive Excel tools for business modeling and real-time analytics, which enabled me to efficiently drive business strategy, sales, marketing, product development, customer success, and investor relations.
- Drove development of the company website and marketing materials.
- Led sales efforts, demoed products, and nurtured prospects through completed sales.
Senior Director, Business Process
- Owned the post-merger integration of legal department systems and managed key department projects.
- Served as the strategic IT interface to drive the integration of legal systems and development of custom software systems.
- Architected and oversaw the development of custom software for accelerating the legal review workflow.
- Led a Lean Six Sigma and process excellence project to streamline the workflow and decrease the cycle time for information disclosure statements (IDS). The streamlined workflow reduced cycle time by 50%.
SaaS Event Management Platform
Blood Pressure Controller
DNA and RNA Array Spotter Control System
DNA Fragment Assembly for Array Sequencing
Microprocessor Interlocking Controller
User Configurable Control Panel
User Experience (UX), Microcontrollers, Office 365, Excel 365, Product Sales, Design, ICE, Project Scoping, SaaS, Software, Algorithms, Systems, Electronics, Product Owner, Lean, Lean Six Sigma, PID Controllers, Digital Electronics, Integrated Circuits, Reporting, Communication, Mesh Development, Networks, Websites, SEO Tools, Yoast SEO, Backlog Grooming, Feature Backlog Prioritization, User Stories, Business Modeling, Analytics, Business Strategy, Product Development, Investor Relations, Startups, Product Demonstrations, Business Process Improvement (BPI), Graphics, 2D Graphics, 3D Graphics
Scrum, Testing, Agile, User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
OpenGL, Core Graphics
Visual Studio, Git, TargetProcess, LabVIEW
WordPress, Azure, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Melbourne - Melbourne Australia