Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Automation Developer
Steven has served at virtually all levels of IT, from building a managed print services application at Wyeth to SharePoint administration at AstraZeneca, to team leader for cloud deployments at SAP, to developing his risk and control skills as a senior IT auditor at Vanguard. He took that process-focused experience into automation engineering and cloud technology. Steven also served in the army reserve for 12 years and, most recently, as a cyber network defense manager.
ARM, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure, Terraform, GitHub
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on as lead creator was the Managed Print Services application at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals.
Azure Cloud Architect
World Wide Technology
- Developed and deployed Azure DevOps pipelines to support.
- Established and designed processes and documentation for team creation of high level designs.
- Generated project support documentation to include procedural documents, implementation guidance, work artifacts, as well as risk and control posture.
Senior Data Center Engineer (Automation)
World Wide Technology
- Developed, supported, and orchestrated cloud deployments, migrations, and configuration management through Infrastructure as code operations, utilizing Ansible, Puppet, Cisco Cloud Center, and cloud provider solutions.
- Built, deployed, and maintained tools and monitoring solutions.
- Conducted numerous consulting engagements and workshops with federal entities.
Senior IT Auditor - Infrastructure
- Conducted IT audits of emerging technologies, cloud services, servers, databases, operating systems, data storage, networking, performance and capacity management, incident management, messaging and email, telephone and VoIP configurations.
- Developed internal tools to support further audit activities.
- Presented to internal clients and fellow auditors on specific technology sets, audit-able entities, and best practices.
Cloud Deployment Team Lead
Insight (Supporting SAP America)
- Supervised and supported 18 full-scale deployments with equipment totaling over $20 million.
- Led and supervised a team of 12 data center engineers for all cloud deployments for eight SAP data centers in three countries.
- Installed, configured, and supervised cabling and connectivity for Cisco, Arista, Lenovo, and HP Enterprise equipment, as well as NetApp and F5 network appliances.
Cloud Assessment Automation Tool
This project is under NDA, so no further information can be provided at this time.
Ansible, Ansible Tower, Terraform, Puppet, Sublime Text, Slack, AWS CloudFormation, SolarWinds, GitHub
Azure DevOps, DevOps
Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, Windows Server, Azure, SAP HANA, SharePoint, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Risk Management, People Management, Cloud, Controls, Risk, IT Infrastructure, Server Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Infrastructure, Teams, ARM, Templates, Cisco, Architecture
Bash Script, Python
SQL Server DBA, MySQL, Azure SQL
Master's Degree in Computer Science
West Chester University of Pennsylvania - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
Master's Degree in Criminal Justice
Colorado Technical University - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Azure Certified Administrator Associate
Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation
Red Hat Certified Administrator
Puppet Certified Professional
AWS Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services