As a full-stack web developer, Steven does everything from tweaking UI interfaces in Sketch to designing scalable back-end architectures. He also tests and transforms ideas into quality products as an entrepreneur. He enjoys adapting to new technologies and studying fundamental ideas.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a distributed and asynchronous order processing engine.
- Built the test infrastructure for all YouTube web applications.
- Built tools (linter, code generator) to automate YouTube web workflow.
- Built a distributed pipeline to build and compile Polymer components.
- Served as core team member for a closure-template Python compiler.
- Designed the back-end with a message queueing architecture to enable asynchronous order processing.
- Settled the infrastructure and automated deployment with Capistrano plugins.
- Established front-end integration tests with Selenium, Chrome Driver, and Capybara.
Front-end Developer, UX Designer
- Rebuilt the UI, leading to a 13% rise in conversion and a 12% drop in bouncing rate.
- Optimized the bandwidth usage with an ETags caching strategy.
Huali eCommerce website
Biggest Food Ordering site
One amazing thing I designed and built is the website background, which will adapt to the local time of the user in real-time.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), PureMVC, ZK, Sinatra
Vim Text Editor, Sketch, Emacs, Apache OFBiz, Sublime Text 2
Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Agile Software Development, Class-based OOP, Prototype-based OOP, Functional Programming
Mega, Merb, Software Development
React, Backbone.js, jQuery, Polymer, Redis Queue
Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Zhejiang University - Hangzhou, China
International Program Degree in International Economics
Keio University - Tokyo, Japan