PHP Developer in Xemxija, Malta
Head of Development2014 - PRESENTYouwin
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, Zend Framework, MongoDB, Node.js, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Made site adjustments using Google Tag Manager and Google Firebase real-time database.
- Implemented marketing strategies and techniques on site.
- Maintained back-end tasks using Node.js.
- Extended usage of the Bootstrap grid system.
- Made dynamic updates using jQuery and push technologies (Pub/Nub).
- Developed and maintained multiple WordPress sites (single and network installations).
- Built NoSQL databases using MongoDB.
Full-stack Web Developer2015 - 2017Themindfulnesssummit.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress, WooCommerce, Eventbrite, Intercom, MailChimp
- Maintained and developed high-traffic WordPress sites.
- Developed automations with Eventbrite, Intercom, and MailChimp.
- Extended theme development.
- Administrated and managed WPEngine.
- Extended third-party pixel tracking.
- Developed a single-page WooCommerce instance.
Developer2014 - 2015Mixergy (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress, jQuery/AJAX, HTML/CSS, PHP, MySQL, Data Caching
- Created a WordPress search page that will have infinite scrolling and be fully responsive. Search can be done based on search text or specific tags. Admins have the functionality to modify article tags directly from the search results. Search operates while the user types in the search field.
- Created a plugin (not connected to the specific theme) using only WordPress API.
Senior PHP Developer2013 - 2014DNX Corporation
- Used event-driven jQuery and the Symfony 2 Framework.
- Developed a platform to display different outputs for desktop, mobiles, and tablets.
- Collaborated with four different development teams across Europe.
- Optimized the website for traffic approaching 25M visits per month.
- Creating testing scenarios with Selenium library and Java.
IT Specialist2010 - 20134th Regional Health Authority of Macedonia and Thrace, Greece
Technologies: C#, PHP, Delphi, MySQL, DBISAM
- Worked for PROHEALTH - Interreg Greece - Bulgaria
- Developed a portal for the 4th Regional Health Authority of Macedonia and Thrace.
- Handled electronic transmission of incoming mail.
- Managed and supported the IT departments in all hospitals in Macedonia and Thrace.
IT/Scientific Consultant2007 - 2013Bits and Bytes Software
- Enabled live communication between e-shops and ERP systems.
- Merged e-shops and TecDoc databases.
- Created complete custom ERP systems.
- Developed mobile applications using the Kalipso engine.
- Developed complex custom solutions for ERP systems.
IT Analyst2005 - 2010General Hospital of Thessaloniki, Greece «AGIOS PAVLOS»
Technologies: Delphi, MySQL, Windows
- Supported the data and computer installation in the hospital.
- Handled applications development for the needs of the hospital’s departments.
Software Developer2001 - 2005Protasys S.A.
Technologies: Delphi, Oracle
- Worked on DLL development for Altec Atlantis ERP.
- Used JSP, JavaBeans, and EJB under the JBoss Application Server.
- Built custom applications using Delphi and Oracle.
Software Engineer2000 - 2002Martel S.A.
Technologies: Delphi, Oracle
- Developed a fleet management application.
- Created the pilot program for real time fleet management for the public transportation of Thessaloniki, Greece (oasth).
Software Developer1998 - 2001Unisoft S.A.
Technologies: Pascal 5, Delphi
- Integrated the Euro currency into the main ERP (Capital).
- Handled analytical accounts in industrial pricing.
- Spare Parts Website (Development)
An e-shop based on PrestaShop+TecDoc* with the following features:
1. The e-shop communicates with the client's ERP system, synchronizing its product database.
2. Custom TecDoc search engine
3. The results of the TecDoc search are merged with the client's products.
4. In TecDoc results, products that already exist in the ERP can be purchased and the rest can be ordered.
5. When an online order is downloaded to the client's ERP, there is an intermediate state where:
• If an order contains only actual products, it is imported in the ERP.
• In case of the order containing products for order (products not existing in stock), then the client can cancel the order, remove or replace the nonexistant products, automatically create products in the ERP with data retrieved by the database, and complete the process by importing the invoice to the ERP.
* TecDoc: A joint electronic catalogue for the Automotive Aftermarket that unites different competitors under one roof.
- ProOffice E-shop (Development)
An e-shop based on the PrestaShop engine, synchronized with the client's ERP system. Requirements include B2B, a custom modal form for online help and info, a custom modal form for negotiation per site and per product, and WCAG 2.0 compatibility.
- Coffee Ouzounoglou Mobile App (Development)
A tool for invoicing on a vehicle. It was developed with Kalipso Mobile Development and runs in Windows Mobile. Users can invoice and collect (cache and cheques). Every transaction is printed in a portable printer. The bridge application imports all transactions in the client's ERP.
- NoveBagno (Development)http://www.novebagno.gr/
Unique facility solutions for the bathroom. I completely custom designed the website on PHP/MySQL.
- Marsanis Mobile App (Development)http://www.marsanis.gr/
A tool for for exporting and importing decoration products in-house using mobile terminals, developed with Kalipso Mobile Development, the bridge application with C# (imports orders in the client's ERP). All data (products and customers) is imported on the mobile terminal so the whole procedure can be sped up. When users want, they can synchronize with the server and refresh all data. When a user fills in an order, he first selects the customer. When selecting a product (through a built-in barcode scanner), the terminal communicates with ERP through web services to receive the price (price lists are stored in the ERP). When the order is completed, it is synchronized in real time with the ERP and the system prints the order automatically. The customer uses 4-5 mobile terminals with no problem at all.
- Municipality Emmanouil Pappa Mobile App (Development)
In collaboration with Telesto Technologies Ltd, I implemented a water counter mobile application for the municipality. The solution has two applications, a desktop application and a mobile (Windows Mobile) one. The desktop application communicates with a software called Genesis for retrieving all information of registers in the municipality (name information, address information, counter information and building type). When users measure for the first time, they can retrieve the GPS position of the meter to increase and ease the searching procedure. Using GPS or the built-in barcode scanner (each counter has its own barcode), users can complete a transaction with ease. We developed the mobile application in Kalipso Mobile Development and the desktop in C# using MySQL as the database.
- Thilasmos (Development)http://www.thilasmos.com/
A heavily customized WordPress blog on breastfeeding, designed for visual effect.
- HealthMed (Development)
A custom PHP website for beauty and cosmetics.
- Master Organic Chemistry (Development)http://www.masterorganicchemistry.com
Created a WordPress search page that will have infinite scrolling and be fully responsive. Search can be done based on search text or specific tags. Admins have the functionality to modify article tags directly from the search results. Search operates while the user types in the search field.
- The Mindfulness Summit (Development)https://www.themindfulnesssummit.com
Maintaining and developing WordPress sites with number of improvements in both back and front end. High traffic sites with tight integration with multiple third-party services.
FrameworksBootstrap 3, Zend Framework, Symfony 2, Laravel, Selenium, Smarty, PhoneGap
Libraries/APIsWordPress API, WordPress REST API, jQuery, jQuery UI, Nginx-rtmp, Node.js, Facebook API
ToolsMicrosoft Excel, Bitbucket, GitHub, Sublime Text 2, Git, GitLab, Chrome Developer Tools, Subversion (SVN), Paint.NET, Nginx, WP e-Commerce, Zen Coding, MySQL Workbench, Apache, Gimp, PrestaShop, Git Flow, Redmine, Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, Vagrant
ParadigmsResponsive Coding, Responsive, Class-based OOP, Model View Controller (MVC), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Agile Software Development, UX Design, Scrum, Event-driven Programming
PlatformsLinux CentOS 7, NetBeans, WordPress, Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, Oracle, Joomla, Oracle Database
StorageMongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Redis Cache, Firebase Realtime Database, Oracle SQL, Firebird, Microsoft SQL Server
OtherWordPress Themes, WordPress UX, WordPress Design, HTML to WordPress, Ajax, Google Tag Manager, Kalipso Mobile Development, Single-page Applications (SPA)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Software Engineering1992 - 1998Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece - Thessaloniki, Greece