Having come from an engineering and mathematics background, Stuart gained his stripes on the commodities trading floor at BP then WCAPRA. Currently, he works as the CTO of a startup with a varied portfolio including a number of joint ventures and client projects. He's worked on a wide range of development from large database development to the web to standards-based integrations and machine learning-based methods in the image recognition arena.
ExperienceC# - 9 yearsSQL - 8 yearsMongoDB - 3 yearsNGINX - 3 yearsDocker - 3 yearsASP.NET Core - 3 yearsReact - 1 yearTypeScript - 1 year
Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, Bash, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've built was a global energy map—displaying tens of thousands of interactive energy assets on a map, showing e.g. ships, offshore meetings.
- Developed the Fit Vault app: a health rewards mobile and web application.
- Developed an image recognition system for the Whizzky mobile app.
- Supervised the transition of the Wine Wizard site to a new hosting and development stack.
- Centralized an OAuth2 and OpenID multi-tenant service for serving a number of client applications.
- Supported Fuel Forecourt in the monitoring and provision system for tracking tank levels and more.
- Developed an SPML provisioning integration layer, to support a large (~200,000 users) migration to cloud-based email with split active directory responsibilities (cloud vs local).
- Built a working prototype to provide pre-emptive notifications and remedy option during work-station lockouts across a large distributed active directory domain.
- Supported and tuned (the performance) of an end-to-end ASP Web Forms application for managing the expected demand and provisioning of IT equipment.
Front Office Developer
- Developed a trade blotter for automated capture of oil trades and subsequent integrations with existing volatility and pricing and exchange and FIX endpoints.
- Developed an automated and integrated reporting tool to meet the Dodd-Frank requirement for EMIR, primarily reporting to the ICE Exchange.
- Developed a trading simulator as a tool for teaching and assessing trading ability.
- Initiated and implemented an ASP.NET front-end continuous-integration portal which connected TFS and Jenkins for the automated deployment of click-once applications.
- Developed the Silverlight client for a global energy map, displaying tens of thousands of interactive energy assets on a map, showing ships, offshore meetings, trading routes, and more.
- Supported a biofuels end-to-end application that was meant to assist operators and enable tighter trading by recording certification status and providing trading information based on biofuel certification systems, predominantly German.
- Developed and supported large Excel pricing sheets, used as primary trading tools.
- Supported all manners of trading related software and Excel trading sheets on the floor.
Whizzky Image Recognitionhttp://www.whizzky.net
F# Akka.NET Distributed Email Service
Angular, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET Core, Rx, OAuth 2, ASP, Express.js, Caliburn.Micro, Knockout (Knockout.js), Actionhero.js, Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
Docker, Xamarin, Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
React, Node.js, ReactiveX, OpenCV
Git, Excel 2016, Autofac, Ansible, Shell, Visual Studio, Microsoft Excel, TFS, MS Silverlight, Prism, NGINX
MongoDB, MySQL, Azure Active Directory
LDAP, Akka.NET, FIX Protocol, EF6 Code First, DevExpress, Identity Server
Bachelor's Degree with Honors in Electrical Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand - Johannesburg, South Africa