Data Engineer2021 - PRESENTMed Tech Solutions
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, APIs
- Did data warehouse modeling of system resources from multiple data sources including MySQL, Azure SQL, and APIs.
- Worked on data ingestion and transformation using Azure data stacks (Data Factory, Synapse, Datatricks, and SQL).
- Created multiple Power BI reports and dashboard.
Big Data Engineer2020 - 2021Verizon
Technologies: Spark, Scala, Phoenix, HBase, Hadoop
- Worked on troubleshooting of Hadoop and HBase clusters, Phoenix, and Spark crash.
- Reviewed Spark (Scala) code to improve performance and optimization.
- Reviewed Spark, Hbase, and Phonex server configurations.
- Recommended the right configuration and Scala code changes to prevent server crashes and optimal performance.
Lead Data Architect | Data Engineer2020 - 2021ImportGenius
Technologies: Elasticsearch, PySpark, Spark, AWS Athena, AWS Glue, AWS S3
- Designed the entire ETL/ELT process for a massive global trade data pipeline.
- Ingested big data (more than 10 TB) of ten years of global trade data, parsed and transformed using AWS S3, Glue, Spark (PySpark), and Athena.
- Ingested and transformed S3 data into AWS Elasticsearch.
- Optimized Glue and Spark performance and AWS Elasticsearch.
Data Engineer2020 - 2020Recko
Technologies: Python 3, Debezium, Apache Kafka, PySpark, Apache NiFi, PostgreSQL, AWS Lambda, Redshift, AWS Glue, AWS S3
- Designed and implemented CDC pipeline from PostgresSQL/MySQL to S3 using Kafka, Kafka Connect, Debezium, NIFI, and Python.
- Designed and developed Lambda function which ingests payload from S3 event and transforms payload data into readable audit data then writes to S3 in parquet format. Then, created a Glue Data Catalog for external schema and external table creation.
- Created Glue Job (PySpark), workflow, and Triggers which ingest and transform data from S3 to Redshift. Designed a Redshift table and schema.
- Set and configured Kafka, Debezium, and Kafka Connect server configuration.
- Wrote SQL queries for the latest data from ELT procedures using SQL Windows functions.
Data Engineer2020 - 2020Dermalogica Unilever
Technologies: Azure SQL, Microsoft Power BI
- Created ETL from JDE ERP system to Data Warehouse using SQL and SSIS.
- Designed the DW data model.
- Created batch SQL from various systems to DW.
- Created Power BI Data Model.
- Wrote complex DAX functions and in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Transformed data using M-Query.
- Created sales/revenue and field service dashboard for consultants.
- Implemented YTD, QTD, and other visuals.
Data Engineer2019 - 202010th Man Media
Technologies: Azure Blob Storage API, Azure Data Lake, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, SQL, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure
- Designed and implemented data ingestion and transformation framework from various social media to the Azure platform. Social media data is extracted using API then ingested into Data Lake using ADF.
- Created complex data transformation logic using PyParks which involves time series trend, aggregation, and time windows comparison. Data is moved to downstream Azure Data Warehouse for Power BI data visualization.
- Designed the entire pipeline from upstream to downstream using Azure Data products.
Big Data Architect | Lead Data Engineer2019 - 2019TechMahindra/Optus
Technologies: Teradata, Informatica, HBase, Apache Hive, Spark, Hadoop, Big Data
- Spearheaded big data architecture and engineering under the ambit of Optus, developed a proof of concept (POC), architecture design, drive analytics, and managed technical project delivery in line with expectations.
- Led legacy DW migration project from Teradata to Cloudera using Informatica BDM, Scala, Hive, HDFS, Impala, Elastic Stack, Splunk, DevOps, and CI/CD.
- Migrated Cloudera Data Platform data and code to AWS and Azure Platform.
Lead Big Data Architect | Lead Data Engineer2018 - 2019Cognizant/Westpac
Technologies: Hadoop, Spark SQL, PySpark, Python, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, RDBMS, Apache Kafka, Foundry
- Led a big data team of data engineers/developers and delivered real-time and batch data processing projects using Agile Scrum.
- Designed and delivered a metadata-driven data ingestion framework that ingests data from various Westpac data sources to Westpac Data Hub (HDFS).
- Integrated, transformed, and published metadata-driven data ingestion framework to target sources including Kafka, RDBMS (Teradata, Oracle, and SQL Server) and SFTP, and more.
- Used Python, Spark, Spark SQL, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Kafka, NIFI, and Atlas.
- Led CCR project which ingests data from the customer rating bureau including Equifax, Illion, and Experian.
- Designed the entire XML explosion pattern which involves multi-level XML explosion and normalized table creation in the HDFS platform using PySpark, Hive, Spark SQL, and Hbase.
- Created entire downstream conceptual, logical, and physical data models for downstream users including credit risk analysts and data scientists.
Analytic Lead | Data Architect2009 - 2018OneGov, Department of Finance & Services and Innovation, NSW Government, Sydney, Australia
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PySpark, R, Python, Superset, System Advisor Model (SAM), Apache Hive, NiFi, HDF, Cluster, Hadoop, Informatica, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Oracle, AWS, Azure, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS, SQL
- Managed BI team of 8 BI/ETL developers and was responsible for OneGov’s entire analytic, data science and big data projects and BAU activities for a number of large NSW government agencies including DAC (Data Analytic Centre), Service NSW, RMS, Fair Trading, NSW Health, etc. Worked closely with product owner, scrum master, developers, BA, architects, support team, external agency users and other stakeholders then delivered a number of critical analytic projects successfully.
- Delivered the entire analytics platform, applications, data visualization, prediction model, and ETL process from scratch and continuously enhanced the system by adopting new technologies and new processes. Developed ETL process using SSIS (2016) which integrated data from sources including SQL Server 2016, Siebel CRM, websites via APIs and flat files (CSV/XLSX/XLS/XML/JSON). Responsible for daily ETL refresh and on-going maintenance. Also responsible for SQL Server database tuning, upgrade, query optimization, and also index maintenance. Built SSAS cube for KPI and management reporting. Also built a number of dashboard and reports for executives, managers and operation people using Power BI, DOMO, Tableau, and OBIEE.
- Created a prediction model for license renewal reminder campaign using Logistic Regression, Petrol Station Grouping model by using unsupervised learning technique (K-Means cluster). Involved several other machine learning projects including CTP and Fuel Pricing in NSW using various ML libraries on Hortonworks Hadoop Platform.
- Created a dashboard for ministers to monitor fuel price update, compliance, and price trend using Power BI and DOMO. Analyzed sophisticated real-time and historical fuel price by using Python, Spark (PySpark), and Hive. Analyzed customer feedback using NLP/data mining techniques with R programming.
- Built HDP (Hadoop cluster) and HDF (NIFI) clusters for data scientists and academics for their large data analytic and prediction model build. Public and confidential data ingested across from AWS EMR/S3/Redshift to on-premise Hadoop using Spark ETL framework program, Glue and NIFI. Provided consulting service for data ingests and other big data technologies to data scientists and engineers.
- Developed data ingest flow from various data sources to Hive by using Spark, NIFI, HDFS, and Sqoop in near real-time basis for Service NSW OTC. Managed the entire Hadoop cluster including day to day server maintenance and daily delta data ingest. Power BI is used for data visualization.
CRM Lead | BI Lead2007 - 2008IBM Global Business Service
Technologies: Siebel CRM, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA)
- Delivered core case management system, integration services to internal/external systems, and upgraded detention portal system.
- Led a team of six consultants and responsible for the implementation of main case management modules.
- Handled resource management, task distribution, and schedule management.
- Wrote technical and integration specification.
- Configured various Siebel Public Sector Case Management.
- Created SOA Integration interface to the department.
- Implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- Delivered unified systems for border security, case management, and detention for national security. The system involved a complicated process which started from border entry to granting of a visa.
- Contributed to the team awarded by Secretary of Department of Immigration and Citizen on 26th Jan, 2010 “Australia Day 2010 secretary’s citation’ for the delivery of the Service provide Portal within the Systems for People 9 Compliance, Case Management and Detention Release.”.
Program Manager (BI/CRM)2004 - 2008Samsung
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, Microsoft SQL Server, Siebel CRM, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA)
- Designed and implemented CRM and analytics.
- Created application standard, interface and configuration framework, and development guideline.
- Integrated Siebel.
- Converted data using SQL and other ETL tools.
- Performed technical requirement analysis, configuration, and report creation.
- Installed and configured OBIEE.
- Installed and configured data warehouse including environment setup, DAC, Informatica ETL modification, data model change, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Designed system architecture and sized hardware.
- Provided various in-house Siebel technical and business consulting as BI and CRM subject matter expert.
- Managed the team and mentored junior team members.
Senior Principle Consultant2000 - 2004Oracle (Siebel)
Technologies: Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA), Siebel CRM
- Engaged multiple Siebel CRM/Analytic projects across Asia Pacific with leading multinational customers and partners. Provided various technical, system design, business requirement analysis, and project management services to the partners and customers. This included technical system architect design and implementation, enterprise application integration (EAI), project management, and application configuration. Involved responses to RFP and RFI, wrote consulting proposals, supported pre-sales, resource planning, mentored junior consultants, team lead, practice development, and management and operational procedures for consulting assignments.
Lead DBA1998 - 2000SIEMENS
Technologies: Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server
- Handled database management, administration, data conversion and migration, SQL and database engine turning and optimization and release of a new database.
Senior Development DBA1997 - 1999BT Fund Management
Technologies: Informatica, Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server
- Successfully delivered a number of projects including Unit Trust System Database Conversion from SQL Base to MS SQL Server and Sybase, Investment Product Marketing Data Mart/Warehouse ETL, Web Data Warehouse Reporting System, and Web Unit Price File Polling Application.
Senior Systems Developer1995 - 1997Colonial Insurance
Technologies: Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, C++
- Headed various system analysis, design, data modeling, programming, and testing as well as internal technical and external consultation and support. The role also has included analysis, design, implementation, and support of two mission-critical systems: UPMS (Unit Price Management System) and New Business 400 system.
Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer1995 - 1995Reserve Bank of Australia
- Served as the system analyst/programmer in designing, developing and implementing various banking applications and automated fund transfer systems for the central bank of Australia.
- Oversaw the development process and managed the integration of various internal and external systems, reporting processes and applications to streamline and simplify the external as well as internal reporting activities.