Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Developer
Part data scientist and part cloud solutions architect, Suresh excels at taking business problems and setting up end-to-end cloud data systems to solve them. Ranging from streaming data pipelines to data lakes to deep learning systems, Suresh leverages the latest tech and cutting-edge approaches to build robust and fault-tolerant systems that help you leverage business value from your data.
Jupyter Notebook, MacOS, Linux, Python, TensorFlow
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a recommendation system for a food ordering app, providing a unique and personalized UX to every user.
Pfizer - PGS Operations Insights
- Designed and implemented end-to-end data pipeline system.
- Contributed to data engineering and API development for several high-profile projections.
- Involved in data modeling in relational and graph data models for both warehousing and application usage.
- Built a Redshift data warehouse on AWS for analytics and reporting.
- Developed ETL workflows using Python and Apache Airflow.
- Constructed a complete BI reporting suite using AWS QuickSight.
- Created a chatbot solution using BotXO to automate customer service interactions.
- Engineered streaming data pipelines from MySQL using AWS Kinesis.
- Deployed a streaming data lake solution using AWS Kinesis, Apache Spark, and Apache Hudi.
- Built a fraud detection system to detect and flag fraudulent orders.
- Validated the POC (proof of concept) for Segment's customer data platform (CDP) by proving business value across several verticals including marketing, development, and operations.
- Deployed an in-cart recommendation engine using association analysis built on AWS S3, AWS Lambda, and AWS API Gateway.
- Installed a purchase history-based recommendation engine using NLP (natural language processing) and graph technology built on AWS Neptune (a high-performance graph database), AWS S3, AWS Lambda, and AWS API Gateway.
- Designed and implemented a mobile app's front-end features in React Native, including the UI, scene navigations, and push notifications.
- Spearheaded the implementation of several features, including promo codes, address entries, and a payment flow.
- Implemented user activity tracking and event logging using Firebase.
- Made several UX improvements that contributed to a better user journey as evidenced by user activity tracking.
- Utilized Git, Bitbucket, and Jira to coordinate with the team on the implementation and release of new features.
- Identified, documented, and resoloved bugs and defects.
Data Analyst Intern
Triva Tek Systems
- Created scripts for preprocessing and cleaning data for ad-hoc analysis requests using Python.
- Built data models for new features based on requirements and business rules.
- Analyzed historical data and then created reports on insights and trends.
- Developed dashboards and KPI reports in Tableau to help business users monitor business efficiency.
- Developed the UX and front ends for websites based on client requirements.
- Wrote database scripts as well as SQL stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Conducted a sentiment analysis of social media and digital marketing analysis for clients and recommended improvements based on KPIs to improve website traffic and accessibility.
- Wrote application-level code to interact with RESTful web APIs and web services using Ajax, JSON, XML, and jQuery.
End-to-end BI System
Using ETL pipelines (built in Python), we moved transactional and operational data in daily and hourly batches to the data warehouse, where it was made accessible to technical users to run analytical queries on demand. We then used Amazon QuickSight to build an ecosystem of dashboards and reports to help monitor business performance metrics and KPIs, allowing business users to monitor and optimize business performance.
Customer Service Chatbot
Ted, the chatbot, was built to automate 90% of customer service interactions without compromising the quality of the customer experience. It successfully handled the increased traffic of a 400% client base expansion and eliminated the need to scale the customer service team while operating at an 80% CSAT score.
Fraud Detection System
Python, SQL, XML, Cypher
TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, PySpark
Amazon QuickSight, Git, GitHub, Jira, Tableau, Apache Airflow, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon EKS
Data Science, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL
Jupyter Notebook, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, Docker, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Kubernetes
Machine Learning, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Analytics, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Stochastic Modeling, Organization, Time Series Analysis, Apache Hudi, Amazon Kinesis, Segment, Chatbots, Association Rule Learning, Recommendation Systems, Data Modeling, Data Strategy, Dashboards, Data Visualization, Big Data, User Experience (UX), Amazon API Gateway, GraphDB
Data Lakes, Redshift, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, JSON, Data Pipelines, Neo4j
Master's Degree in Data Science
University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Caledonian College of Engineering - Muscat, Oman
Senior Data Scientist (SDS)
Data Science Council of America (DASCA)