Senior Database Administrator2012 - 2017Fareportal
Technologies: SQL Server, Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI)
- Worked as production database administrator (DBA) to provide support to live servers.
- Designed and developed database solutions for new applications.
- Worked with large tables with table sizes in the range of 2.5 to 3 terabytes; also partitioned the large tables.
- Upgraded the production SQL Server from 2008R2 to 2012 and then from 2012 to 2016.
- Worked on all aspects of a DBA profile including backup/restoration using Redgate tools, job monitoring, replication, AlwaysOn, and performance tuning.
- Developed reports for the senior management and business analysts.
- Managed the development servers, staging servers, and the report server.
- Implemented the best practices for database security.
Senior Database Administrator2010 - 2011TSYS International
Technologies: SQL Server, Start Team, HEAT, .NET
- Tuned the performance of business-critical procedures.
- Designed and developed new database objects like tables, procedures, and functions.
- Implemented database security best practices.
- Trained other teams to manage the SQL Server.
- Mirrored the SQL Server databases.
Information Technology Analyst2001 - 2010Tata Consultancy Services
Technologies: SQL Server 2005, VB6, Subversion
- Developed different database objects like tables, procs, functions, and triggers for a government project; worked as a SQL Server developer.
- Constructed, as a VB6 developer, the roadmap and world back modules for a government project.
- Led the testing for AC Nielsen in Chicago.
- Developed more than 80 SSIS packages for Long and Foster (a conglomerate in the US).
- Led the SQL Server development for Long and Foster (a conglomerate in the US).
- Worked as a database developer for Hartford Insurance, CT.