Senior Technical Architect2011 - PRESENTNexgen Technology Services Pvt Ltd
Technologies: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, DBA, AWS, AWS Redshift, PostGres, Python, Talend, SOS Berlin, ETL Architect, Data Modeling, ORDM, DWH, BI
- Designed and developed the customization of ETL for US retailers for their retail merchandising system for their daily business analytics on Oracle database using ORDM, OWB, PLSQL, Oracle Scheduler. Coded the complex business logic in SQL and PLSQL.
- Designed and developed the ETL for an AWS-cloud based DWH using AWS Redshift. Integrated the data from multiple sources into one source of truth like Flat files on SFTP, AWS S3, Google Analytics extracts, and IBM Silverpop.
- Rigorously used open source technologies like Python, TOS DI, SOS scheduler, and others to minimize the cost of the operations.
- Created well-maintained end-to-end the architecture of the data flow from different sources that can execute independently without or with minimal user interaction.
- Performed the day-to-day maintenance/recommendation tasks on multiple platforms including Unix, Linux Windows, AWS, Redshift, Oracle, and other database administration activities.
- Implemented performance tuning of queries and code as and when required.
- Led the team to sort out the issues on all technical aspects of database and ETL related task.
- Designed and developed the data model for a large project related to the labor management in retail.
Technical Writter2016 - 2018IAmOnDemand (via Toptal)
Technologies: AWS, Cloud Platform, Redshift, DBaaS, DevOps, Cloud Skills Set
- Worked on approximately 15 articles for technology people like, CIO, database administrators, developers, cloud architects, and so on.
- Wrote several excellent articles (5-10 pages long); including the table of contents and whatnot. All of my articles are published and read by thousands of people. Some topics on which I wrote the articles are, Cloud Skills Set, AWS Redshift, RDS vs On-prem DBaaS, Aurora vs RDS to name some.
- Fact-checked the article content and ensured it was not plagiarized.
Senior Consultant2005 - 2009Capgemini Consulting India Pvt Ltd
Technologies: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, AIx, Linux, DHW, Toad, Oracle Streams, AQ, Erwin, Database Administrator, Shell Scripting
- Supported a large Java development team of 50 or more people with writing Oracle database queries—creating views, procedures and functions. Worked as part of the core database team to deliver different use-cases.
- Created hundreds of Oracle procedures and packages for all DML operation for one of the top clients in PSU sector in Netherlands. This was done using dynamic SQL to speedup the development.
- Designed and worked on the deliverables for one of the top PSU sector company in Netherlands which later resulted in bigger better monitory gain to the organization.
- Worked as the only DBA to support all the instances of the Oracle databases used by the projects. Tasks involved setting up the database, loading data, and tuning the performance for the development team.
- Worked on site with a client in the Netherlands for requirement gathering and deployment of projects.
- Worked as a moderator to deliver a complex and challenging project related to a near real-time DWH. This involved the use of an Oracle stream and programming to load data from the OLTP environment to OLAP environment without putting any load on the source system.