Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Szymon is a test engineer who's highly experienced in functional tests and complex non-functional scenarios. He has worked professionally on both manual and automated tests involving multiple technologies and languages. Szymon has successfully solved and delivered many client projects with challenging problems.
Linux, Windows, Python, Mobile, Android, iOS, Appium, Selenium, APIs
The most amazing...
...project I've delivered is an automated, various performance metrics collector of a system of systems, including GUI chart presentation used in the CI process.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Silver Gold Bull
- Developed production sanity tests that monitor the proper functionality of crucial sales systems.
- Executed manual functional and non-functional tests on the store's sales front end, with issue management and tracking.
- Built functional release integration tests executed in the cloud as part of the CI process.
- Designed and implemented automated tests for the web UI and gRPC.
- Designed and implemented automated and manual tests for the Flutter mobile app.
Test Automation Engineer
Fortune 100 North American Construction Equipment Manufacturer
- Analyzed existing manual test cases for automation candidates.
- Executed manual exploratory tests on iOS and Android applications.
- Prepared test automation framework in Python and Pytest with Appium.
- Implemented functional, generic test cases for iOS and Android on simulators and real devices.
- Adapted the test framework to the CI process in Azure DevOps.
- Adapted the test framework to run tests on Sauce Labs Cloud and Real Device Cloud on real devices.
- Implemented a library for mobile app image recognition and validation in Python.
- Implemented a library for mobile app element layout validation.
Meelogic (Fleet Management System)
- Designed and automated RESTful API tests using Kotlin test and REST Assured library.
- Prepared proof of concept Android tests for mobile app and automated E2E tests using Appium library and Android Virtual Device (AVD) in Kotlin and Kotlin test.
- Prepared and configured the Docker environment for Android virtual devices test execution.
- Redesigned and upgraded existing RESTful API tests for missing scenarios and validation.
Test Automation Engineer
Meelogic (Automotive eCommerce system)
- Executed and maintained automated web tests in dedicated test framework.
- Executed manual E2E planned and on-demand regression test campaigns.
- Designed and implemented automated test cases in Java using Selenium library.
- Maintained execution environment including Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers.
- Created and published weekly test reports of the executed test process.
- Designed, specified, and implemented automated tests using the Robot Framework for Distribution Point Unit (DPU) IGMP protocol.
- Implemented custom Robot Framework libraries for Spirent TestCenter, configuring and verifying scalable IGMP setup.
- Executed manual IGMP tests using Spirent TestCenter, with analysis of network packets using PCAP.
- Configured network devices for virtual LANs and routing.
- Provided and performed manual and automated tests of SPA Web UI using Selenium, Java, and Cucumber.
- Implemented and executed RESTful API test in Java and JUnit, in a system-of-systems environment involving Salesforce, SAP, and MySQL.
- Developed new keyword methods in Java using Cucumber annotations, providing behavior-driven development solutions in the current project.
- Maintained and managed the Scrum business process for providing agile features, assuring up-to-date statuses for existing sprint artifacts.
Meelogic (Mobile Healthcare Application)
- Prepared and executed manual tests for Android and iOS applications in Testlink, including cross-platform and field tests.
- Implemented and executed RESTful API tests using Postman, executed in CI daily build process.
- Researched and analyzed automation tools for iOS and Android that resulted in developing proof of concept tests using Appium for both platforms.
- Managed and performed field test campaigns, including extensive travel using various means of transport involving location services, like (reverse) geocoding and geofencing.
- Managed Scrum tasks in Jira, ensuring all tasks and reported defects were up-to-date for the team and customers.
Senior Test Engineer
Tieto (LTE NB-IoT Modem Firmware)
- Designed, implemented, and executed automated tests for modem firmware in JUnit.
- Troubleshot and automated modem system board firmware flashing under Windows.
- Led the acceptance test team, involving close cooperation with all pre-standard providers, achieving successful E2E test execution at clients' laboratory network.
- Designed and provided CI solution using Jenkins with Gerrit commit reviews including daily builds and others.
Senior Test Engineer
Tieto (LTE eNobeB Test Automation)
- Developed and maintained a Python-based test automation framework with XML interface and custom Python libraries.
- Designed, developed, and executed automated tests for eNodeB using Python libraries involving Telnet and SSH connections.
- Executed functional tests of LTE user equipment to base station (eNodeB) connectivity.
- Provided solution for bandwidth analysis between the user equipment and eNodeB for UDP and TCP using iPerf.
Senior Test Engineer
Tieto (Telecom Vendor OSS)
- Designed, implemented, and maintained a dedicated test automation framework (TAF) in Bash, Python, SQL, and PHP.
- Implemented, designed, and managed automated functional and non-functional CLI-based tests in Bash, executed manually and in CI.
- Designed and developed a complete specific performance metric and resource usage gathering and presentation system, using Python, Collectl, and gnuplot.
- Developed and designed custom virtual Ubuntu Linux testing environments for automated test execution, including Virtual Frame Buffer.
- Designed and executed performance load, spike, and soak tests in Bash and Python, including analysis of resource usage and revealing memory leaks using Collectl.
- Performed long-duration soak tests with extensive load to analyze resource usage together with architects to identify potential bottlenecks.
BLStream (Telecom Operator POS Sales System)
- Designed, specified, and executed manual E2E tests for the POS sales system.
- Designed, implemented, and executed automated functional API tests using JMeter, including result storing in PostgreSQL DB.
- Led the quality assurance team of five test engineers, actively improving QA processes and procedures according to ISTQB definitions.
- Developed test suites and strategies for various software release phases.
- Performed extensive exploratory tests, revealing lack of coverage in current suites, allowing to improve test coverage.
OSS System of Systems for Telecom Vendor
LTE NB-IoT Modem Firmware
Mobile Healthcare Application
Bash, Python, SQL, Perl, XPath, Batch, AutoIt, PHP, Java, Kotlin, Gherkin, HTML
Pytest, Apache JMeter, PyCharm, HP Quality Center (QC), Postman, Jenkins, Jira, Bugzilla, Subversion (SVN), Xcode, TestFlight, Android Debug Bridge, Android Studio, Mantis, IDEA IDE, Git, gnuplot, Gerrit, Cucumber, Behave
Testing, E2E Testing, Test Automation, Manual Testing, Automated Testing, REST, Scrum, Continuous Integration (CI), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Automation, Cross-platform, DevOps, RESTful Development
Windows, Linux, TestLink, Android, Docker, Salesforce, JBoss, iOS, MacOS, Magento, Mobile
UI Testing, Integration Testing, QA Testing, Test Cases, Web Service Testing, Mobile App Testing, Testing Services, Website Testing, Web App Testing, Performance Testing, Manual QA, Website QA, QA Automation, Software QA, Quality Assurance (QA), Manual Software Testing, Automated UI Testing, Mobile Device QA Automation, Selenium Page Object, SOAP, API Testing, Selenium IDE, QA Test Plan Management, Sauce Labs, Command-line Interface (CLI), IPTV, Communication Protocols, Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), VLANs, Data Processing, Single-page Applications (SPA), SAP, APIs, Long-term Evolution (LTE), Internet of Things (IoT), RMI, COM, CORBA, Web UI, Cloud, UX Testing, Performance, Telecom Equipment & Solutions, Boards
JUnit, Robot Framework, Selenium, Appium, Robot, XCUITest, Windows PowerShell, gRPC, Flutter
REST APIs, Node.js, UXM, Layer API, RNCryptor, WebDriver, pcap
JSON, NAS Servers, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
West Pomeranian University of Technology - Szczecin, Poland
Advanced Training on LTE Functionality and Signalling
EXPERT CONNECTION LTD
ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst
International Software Testing Qualifications Board