ETL Development Developer
Tahir is a highly seasoned and creative ETL and BI consultant with an exceptional track record of accomplishment and customer satisfaction. He is highly experienced in the agile development process and has over eight years of experience in ETL and BI reporting, analytics, and DWH technologies.
ExperienceData Visualization - 8 yearsBusiness Intelligence (BI) - 8 yearsETL Implementation & Design - 8 yearsSQL - 8 yearsETL Development - 8 yearsComplex Data Analysis - 8 yearsETL Tools - 4 yearsTableau - 3 years
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a heart rate analysis in Tableau of different candidates made to watch horror VR video and questioned afterward.
Ricochet Advisory Services, LLC.
- Responsible to understand the Requirements and Functionality of the application from specifications. The project was for a US-based credit card company where we needed to answer several business questions to help the business make some important decisions.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Created different KPI using calculated key figures and parameters.
- Utilized Tableau server to publish and share the reports with the business users.
- Led a team of remote developers to build a data migration framework for an Australia-based real estate CRM.
- Designed and developed the migration framework in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Answered queries from clients by analyzing data.
- Generated reports through SQL Server as per requests from clients.
- Set up the environment for OBIEE 12C.
- Involved in presentation layer data modelling.
- Responsible for developing different mock-up reports.
- Involved in meetings with the solution architect in designing the BI solution.
- Responsible for developing reports and dashboards as per customer requirements.
- Performed security implementation at the report and dashboard level.
- Suggested different tips and tricks to enhance the report performance.
- Implemented persistence aggregation to make the design efficient.
- Provided a solution for data level security in OBIEE 11G.
- Built reports and dashboards as per customer requirements.
- Suggested different solutions to improve overall performance of the dashboards.
- Implemented a security matrix for TAS in OBIEE 11G.
- Developed YTD and MTD reports for TAS using runtime filters (alternate approach for AGO function).
Teradata Migration Expert
Simishen Net Bank
- Involved in the iterative development to increase throughput.
- Estimated the conversion rate of scripts from TMA.
- Migrated DDLs, DMLs, DCLs and functions in Oracle to Teradata.
- Developed the framework for executions of script using Shell Scripting.
- Developed the testing framework for the scripts.
- Developed regular expression to test the formatting of the scripts.
- Developed user defined functions using C++.
- Developed Teradata SQL procedures and Teradata SQL functions.
- Involved with the customer to finalize the testing framework.
Lead OBIEE Developer
- Oversaw the entire life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Enabled our team to increase its productivity through the use of Agile approaches.
- Developed the BI views on top of tier-3 views.
- Interacted with the client and end user to collect the list of requirements.
- Identified critical issues and processing faults to optimize BI dashboards and reports.
- Developed a metadata repository using an OBIEE administration tool in the physical, business model and mapping, and presentation layer.
- Created new logical columns, dimensional hierarchy, calculated measures, and aggregate mappings in the business mapping and model layer as per the business requirements.
- Developed Time Series Objects using AGO and To Date functions for time series comparisons.
- Created various session and repository variables, and initialized them in the Initialization Blocks.
- Implemented cache and data level security in OBIEE.
- Led the SIT for BI to ensure that the OBIEE was generating correct scripts for reporting.
- Developed test cases and performed unit and integration testing of the repository.
- Liaised with the customer to make sure that the UAT passed out successfully.
- Involved in the supporting phase of OBIEE project.
- Provided guidance and support to end users during the implementation and in production.
- Designed the mappings for the semantic layer according to the business rules given by the client.
- Engaged in requirements gathering with the client to verify business rules and reports.
- Developed views for the semantic layer and performed unit testing and data reconciliation.
- Developed aggregated tables on top of tier-3 views to optimize the reports.
- Validated and verified the data mapping document.
- Oversaw the ETL development for moving transformed data as per business rules mentioned in data mappings from the acquisition to integrated layer through GCFR ETL processes.
- Designed and performed comprehensive unit testing for transformed data.
- Utilized Jira for defects reporting and resolution by closely working with the development, test, data mapping, and modeling teams.
- Oversaw the transaction database design and application development for the statistics module.
- Oversaw the warehouse design and implementation (including ETL) for the statistics module, and SAP-BI financials.
- Created data reconciliation for the stats warehouse and SAP financial warehouse.
- Worked during the entire life cycle of the project.
- Developed and designed the complete BI architecture (RPD) in OBIEE for statistical and financial streams.
- Implemented cache and data level security in OBIEE.
- Developed the BI report for the statistical and financial data using OBIEE 11g.
- Rolled out the statistical application and BI reports, and SAP-BI financials.
- Oversaw the post production support of the statistical application and BI Reports, and SAP BI.
- Conducted training on OBIEE 11G for HEC end users.
- Conducted training for the custom build statistical application for end users from different universities of Punjab and Sindh.
SQL, SQL DDL, SQL DML
Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA)
Database Design, ETL Implementation & Design, Business Intelligence (BI)
Databases, Database Triggers, Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL Developer, PL/SQL, Teradata Databases
Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, ETL Development, Data Analysis, Complex Data Analysis, Data Quality Analysis, ETL Tools, Database Applications, Real Estate, Certified Scrum Professional, Agile Deployment, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Automation Framework Development, Data Visualization
Oracle Database, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle, Oracle Data Integrator 11g
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
Comsats Institute Of Information Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan
Professional Scrum Master 1
Tableau Desktop 10 Qualified Associate
TEO 141: Teradata 14 Certified Professional