Founder, CEO, CTO2018 - 2020LightTag
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Django, Python, React, TensorFlow
- Created a SaaS business for NLP annotation with customers including Viasat, Microsoft, and Pitchbook.
- Deployed a language-agnostic machine learning model that correctly generates 70% of entity annotations on the platform.
- Built a multi-tenant SaaS supporting thousands of tenants while maintaining strong guarantees on tenant data isolation and low infrastructure expenses.
- Invented and implemented a patent-pending interface for drag and drop relationship annotation supporting constituency and dependency grammar.
- Conducted customer interviews and implemented findings to increase conversions, retention rates, and customer delight.
- Designed and deployed deep NLP models that can adapt to customer data without incurring significant compute costs.
Data Scientist2016 - 2020Citi
Technologies: TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Python
- Applied behavioral finance theory to create a patented system for detecting bias in credit trader behavior.
- Used rule-based and deep learning NLP to create multilingual compliance and CRM solutions for sell-side credit and rates trading.
- Reduced labor costs and turnaround time for institutional loan origination by developing ML-based document classification, routing, and extraction systems.
CTO2014 - 2016Superfly
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, Celery, Django, Python
- Grew the engineering team from a team of one to a cohesive and productive team of 12.
- Reduced turnaround time on POCs from three weeks on average to less than 48 hours by making core data assets accessible to the business side.
- Led the technological and product shift of the company from a $0 revenue consumer-facing service to a multi-million dollar alternative data provider.
- Maintained an acceptable infrastructure cost as we grew our data processing scale 1,000X.
- Increased return on data annotation costs by developing a "human-friendly" domain-specific language for semi-structured text analytics.
- Drove data acquisition throughput by deploying a terabyte-scale Elasticsearch cluster and designing a custom interface to find "needles in haystacks."
Research Engineer2013 - 2014Fluent Trade Technologies
Technologies: Python, C++
- Deployed high-frequency algorithmic trading systems capable of trading hundreds of millions in notional volume a day.
- Implemented ML algorithms with single-digit millisecond latency to maintain an edge in HFT.
- Contributed to API design, usability testing, and QA as the company expanded into HFT PaaS offerings.
- Liaised between the research team, engineering, and senior management and helped frame objectives and challenges in an accessible form to each group.
Algorithmic Trader2011 - 2013Self Employed
- Designed, developed, and deployed a multi-equity long/short algorithmic trading system in C++.
- Implemented a multi-exchange and multi-threaded order management system.
- Developed backtesting infrastructure and data warehousing for equities data.