Senior Software Engineer2020 - 2021Narvar
- Acted as technical lead for Narvar zero-to-one projects, working with the design, product management, and operations teams to prioritize and deliver new features for three internal systems.
- Engineered new capabilities and integrated seven carriers into the Shopify Returns product, using Ruby on Rails and React. This was responsible for over $1 million in daily refunds.
- Created a Ruby on Rails API to enable the payment ledger and performed the Stripe integration with core Narvar services reaching tens of thousands of users daily.
Chief Executive Officer2017 - 2019Gyomai Kner Nyomda
Technologies: Leadership, Strategy, Sales
- Led Gyomai Kner Nyomda, a subsidiary of ANY Security Printing PLC, founded in 1882 and responsible for printing 2.5 million books per year with a 20% market share.
- Analyzed sales, finance, and operations. Crafted and executed a turnaround plan increasing the yearly profit by over 80%.
- Designed and implemented a KPI-based bonus system for 135 employees, which reduced overtime work by 30%.
- Introduced a new pricing strategy, increasing the peak month sales by 20% and reducing the overbooking by 90%.
- Hired and trained my successor and continued to serve as a non-executive on Kner and ANY's boards.
Chief Technology Officer2016 - 2017Pickle Corp
- Engineered and documented the JSON RESTful API with 15 methods, using Ruby on Rails and achieving a 98% test coverage.
- Architected the product development process consisting of Agile, Kanban, and CI/CD practices. It led to same-day bug fixes and rapid responses to customer needs.
- Acted as a product owner and wrote user stories to break down epics into manageable chunks.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016Stryker
- Managed a 5-people development team and the processes for creating patients.stryker.com. Delivered the project within the 3-month expected timeframe and under the $5 thousand established budget.
- Architected the system's back end, including a surgeon locator, seminar manager, admin interface, and submission and approval queue. Used Ruby on Rails and saved the company $1 million.
- Developed and documented the JSON RESTful API in Ruby on Rails to get surgeon information and enable the creation of personalized marketing brochures.