Senior DevOps and Cloud Architect Consultant2015 - PRESENTFutureAdvisor Inc
Technologies: AWS, MySQL, Jenkins, Python, Ruby, Docker, ECS, Codedeploy, Terraform, Cloudformation, Nginx, Cloudfront, S3, SaltStack, Packer, Lambda, API gateway, Kinesis, Fluentd
- Designed processes around deployment and infrastructure setup in AWS.
- Implemented tools to maintain infrastructure such as back up, AMI creation, cleanup tools, and alerting.
- Completed pipeline setup for release processes in Jenkins.
- Optimized costs on AWS by introducing different dynamic mechanisms like autoscaling, serverless architecture.
- Set up monitoring using various tools including Cloudwatch, Librato, Instana, and Sumo logic.
- Established logging aggregation to collect logs from different places and layers, like application logs, docker logs, linux logs, cloudtrail, S3, cloudfront, ELB, etc. Aggregation happens in sumologic, the pipe uses: Fluentd, Kinesis stream, Lambda to process all logs to sumo logic.
Systems & Database Engineer2013 - 2016Autoscout24 GmbH
Technologies: Puppet, MySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, LAMP, Ruby, Python, Teamcity, RHEL, PRTG, AWS
- Maintained and improved MySQL and Elasticsearch clusters.
- Extended puppet modules to automate infrastructure.
- Handled deployment problems of PHP, .NET, and other applications.
- Contributed to design and implementation of new infrastructure in AWS.
- Designed a complex authentication mechanism with IAM in cross account and for on-premise servers.
- Implemented a self healing and autoscaled Elasticsearch cluster in AWS.
System Administrator2009 - 2013Elastoffice AG
Technologies: Ubuntu, KVM, Xen, Python, PHP, Java, Odoo, WHM, Puppet
- Maintained the infrastructure of multiple servers and environments.
- Configured bare metal servers with Xen and KVM virtualization.
- Built a puppet environment for the server configuration.
- Implemented different tools in Python for deployment process and database backup/restore.