Physicist2011 - PRESENTLawrence Livermore National Lab
Technologies: Python, Fortran, C/C++
- Set up problems and implemented post-processing functionalities in Python and Fortran.
- Made enhancements to VisIt (wci.llnl.gov/visit) visualization software.
- Researched and incorporated new functionality into KIM3D particle-in-cell code.
- Was responsible for stockpile stewardship.
- Conducted general astrophysics research.
Software Engineer2008 - 2011University Affiliated Research Center
Technologies: Java, Eclipse, C, C++
- Supported air traffic control research.
- Designed a fairly straightforward purely Java-based multiprocessing air traffic simulator useful in exploring research concepts.
- Designed a Java-templated weather product application to help researchers more easily determine the effects of convective weather.
- Published work on analysis of airspace tube structures, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=4702805&tag=1.
- Published work on metrics used to improve the performance of next-generation airspace structures, http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/6.2010-8288.