Fortran Developer in Livermore, CA, United States
Physicist2011 - PRESENTLawrence Livermore National Lab
Technologies: Python, Fortran, C/C++
- Set up problems and implemented post-processing functionalities in Python and Fortran.
- Made enhancements to VisIt (wci.llnl.gov/visit) visualization software.
- Researched and incorporated new functionality into KIM3D particle-in-cell code.
- Was responsible for stockpile stewardship.
- Conducted general astrophysics research.
Software Engineer2008 - 2011University Affiliated Research Center
Technologies: Java, Eclipse, C, C++
- Supported air traffic control research.
- Designed a fairly straightforward purely Java-based multiprocessing air traffic simulator useful in exploring research concepts.
- Designed a Java-templated weather product application to help researchers more easily determine the effects of convective weather.
- Published work on analysis of airspace tube structures, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=4702805&tag=1.
- Published work on metrics used to improve the performance of next-generation airspace structures, http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/6.2010-8288.
- NPR Projects (Development)https://github.com/tanimislam/nprstuff
These are simple snippets of code I find useful to download NPR programs that I like. Within the command-line tools, I also include a GUI used for printing and displaying the text of articles to online periodicals (The New Yorker, The New York Times, etc.) that no longer have a print option to their articles.
- Metareadwrite (Development)https://github.com/tanimislam/metareadwrite
C++ code that uses Boost libraries and music tagging libraries to read and write music metadata from the command line.
LanguagesPython, Fortran, Java, C, C++, IDL, AMPL
Libraries/APIsNumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, PyQt 4, PySide
ToolsEmacs, PyCharm, MATLAB
PlatformsLinux, CUDA, Google App Engine
- Doctorate in Astrophysics2003 - 2007University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA
- Bachelor's degree in Physics1997 - 2000California Institute of Technology - Pasadena, CA