Accessibility Architect2020 - 2020A Data Analytics Platform
- Performed a detailed review of the current codebase using automated techniques including Roslyn to generate a backlog of prioritized tasks and metrics to track project progress.
- Worked closely with PM and QA resources to develop a prioritization, development, and testing plan for implementing accessibility within the client's flagship desktop application.
- Kicked off the development process, developed best practices and library functions before handing the project over to developer to complete the project.
IoT Architect and Developer2019 - 2020Freelance
Technologies: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), MQTT, Angular, AWS IoT, React, C#
- Architected full solutions to projects within the IoT space utilizing AWS IoT with C# back ends, React front ends, and WPF desktop applications.
- Developed applications from the ground up, working closely with the end clients to ensure their desired balance between cost and future proofing were achieved.
- Supported legacy applications by debugging issues, reviewing architecture and recommending cost effective solutions.
Freelance Developer2017 - 201915 Seconds of Fame
- Architected and developed high-quality, comprehensively tested C# microservices of varying complexity using Agile practices.
- Created and optimized Azure Service Fabric applications and clusters.
- Integrated various external components including custom neural networks, media endpoints, and RESTful APIs.
- Setup and optimized CI, CD, and cloud infrastructure in both Azure and AWS.
Freelance Developer2015 - 2017SEAM
Technologies: MySQL, PyQt, Python
- Maintained, improved, and supported completely custom ground-rent management system (an ongoing contract).
- Took ownership of a low-quality legacy code base, requiring a balance of improving existing code quality while developing new features.
C# Market Risk Developer2016 - 2016Swiss Re
Technologies: TFS, Continuous Integration (CI), MDX, DAX, SSAS, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET Web API, C#
- Replatformed a complex financial spreadsheet in VBA/MDX to an ASP.NET Web API/DAX web app.
- Introduced a SQL CI process and infrastructure using Visual Studio SSDT and TFS.
- Maintained various parts of the SSAS infrastructure and .NET web and excel based front ends.
C# Pricing Client Developer2015 - 2016RBS
Technologies: Rx, Infragistics, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Developed WPF desktop clients for pricing FX forwards and bonds.
- Implemented Windows services to provide data aggregation and streaming of automated trading data.
- Worked with connected teams' developers, project managers and traders to gather requirements, implement, test, and support applications.
Equity Derivatives C# Web Developer2013 - 2014Barclays
Technologies: Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Silverlight, Oracle SQL, Rhino Mocks, Infragistics, Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Rx, ASP.NET Web API, C#
- Implemented new functionality and improved existing derivative product support within the Silverlight trade capture GUI.
- Developed an ASP.NET Web API for internal systems to connect to in order to do trade booking.
Portfolio Management Developer2013 - 2013Barclays
Technologies: Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Maintained and developed portfolio management and optimization applications.
- Performed detailed analysis and prototyping of BI tools for use within IB and Corporate domains.
- Supported and maintained complex legacy SQL scripts.
Index Strategies Analyst and Developer2012 - 2013Barclays
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Worked with the commodities index structuring team to enhance index analysis, management and creation capabilities.
- Developed a statistical graphing tool to provide greater insight into index returns.
Rushmore Fixed Income Pricing Developer2011 - 2011Barclays
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, VB, C#
- Developed improvements and bug fixes to the team's pricing admin application.
- Supported and transferred functionality from a legacy VB application into the WPF application.
Configuration Management Developer2010 - 2011M&G Investments
Technologies: MKStoreKit, MySQL, Oracle SQL, Groovy, Java
- Worked on the BAU release management development and POC redesign of the source control management system.