Co-founder | Principal Developer2018 - 2019Finders
Technologies: Git, Azure, C#, ASP.NET, React
- Co-founded Finders and served as CEO and principal developer. Finders.co is a cross-border eCommerce service.
- Designed the Azure cloud architecture for all cloud services and backend services supporting Finders.co.
- Designed and developed the full front-end system. The implementation uses React and TypeScript.
- Designed the system and developed the back end code using Azure Cloud, ASP.NET, and C#.
- Managed the company since inception—hiring and leading a team of ten employees including development, operations, marketing, customer service, accounting, and business development.
- Created the general strategy of the company and every week, reported the progress to the board of directors.
- Procured investors and closed a round of US$200,000 after six months of operations.
- Managed the development team which architected the full-stack of services including Azure web back end and front-end services.
- Supervised the marketing team that created the full marketing strategy including digital marketing and offline marketing.
- Developed the business development strategy and directed the day-to-day implementation.
- Implemented the back-end code that performs web scraping for Amazon, Walmart, and Macy's content. This successfully scraped millions of products and search results pages from these sites.
Principal Software Developer | Engineering Manager2015 - 2018Microsoft
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Azure, Angular, React
- Served as the manager and owner of the customer signup and accounts (CSA) team of the Azure Commercial Experiences organization.
- Developed end to end systems. The front end was built with both React and Angular and back end was developed with ASP.NET and C#.
- Managed a team of 14 developers.
- Grew the team by screening, interviewing, and hiring experiences and entry-level developers—from 3 to 14 developers within one year.
- Planned and created the long-term product vision for Azure Signup and Accounts by collaborating with the executive leadership of Azure, software development leadership and project managers.
- Provided technical guidance for my team and the Azure Commercial Experiences organization.
- Led the technical execution of the product vision E2E.
- Planned feature development sprints and allocate the work to the team.
- Grew from a senior developer to senior manager to principal manager within four years.
Founder2013 - 2015Cloud15.com
Technologies: REST APIs, Cloud Services, Less, Knockout.js, AngularJS, ASP.NET, Azure
- Created, architected, and developed Cloud15.com: a cloud-based rapid web development platform.
- Managed a team of interns (2-3), contractors (2-4), and designers (1-2).
- Developed Windows Azure Cloud Service using ASP.NET MVC 5 (C#), Entity Framework Code First, and the SQL Server.
- Built the front end using HTML, Less, TypeScript, Knockout.js, Require.js, jQuery, and Bootstrap.
- Developed many back-end workers including data crunchers, cachers, search optimizers, cleaners, and Azure service managers. All were written in C#.
Founder2013 - 2014Intelliweb Consulting
Technologies: AngularJS, Less, ASP.NET, IIS, Node.js
- Created Intelliweb Consulting and sourced local clients in the Seattle area.
- Worked with the senior leadership to optimize developer productivity and processes.
- Automated the setup process for a new development environment on IIS using Node.js scripts. Reduced the process duration from two days to under one hour.
- Created and managed a team that developed an internal API caching service that enables the caching/mocking of products for development and testing.
- Ported Node.js build tools to work on Windows and enabled remote work through Windows Virtual Machines.
Software Engineer2009 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: Bing API, Testing, C++, Windows App Development, REST, ASP.NET
- Prototyped several Windows 8 apps using C#.
- Created internal-facing Microsoft testing websites using ASP.NET, C#, and SQL Server.
- Developed a fully automated testing suite for the UI of Windows operating system.
Founder | Developer2006 - 2008961Host
Technologies: Joomla, PHP
- Built more than 20 websites for various clients like a basketball team, a jeweler, and a journalist. All this was done while I was going to college at the time.