Verified Expert in Engineering
Tarık is a software engineer experienced in Java and Spring Boot. He helped produce mission-critical information management systems for four years at a global defense corporation. Since 2022, he has worked as a full-stack developer for the largest insurance company in the world. Tarık holds bachelor's and master's degrees in electrical engineering from top universities in Turkey and enjoys developing high-quality software.
Java, C++, Spring Boot, Git, Jira, REST, Qt, Apache Maven
The most amazing...
...product I've built is a computer simulator that substitutes expensive, time-consuming, and complicated nano-physical experiments.
- Developed a service to securely store customers' personal details, such as identity and credit card numbers, entered via the IVR system provided by another company.
- Exposed REST API endpoints for secure communications with multiple independent modules like the IVR system and front end.
- Created a front-end program to fetch data from the REST API and display personal details like credit card information.
- Documented the service for the reference of developers at Allianz as well as other companies.
Aerial Industries Pte. Ltd
- Developed system model, controller architecture and simulations for a drone project.
- Crafted a mathematical model for the motors and propellers planned to be used in the drone.
- Created mathematical models for the dynamics of the drone, which has more than 50 rotors.
- Designed and built a control architecture with several layers and complex logic and tuned the controllers.
- Created a custom block library in Simulink to have an easily extensible and maintainable basis for further development.
- Set up end-to-end simulations in Simulink to observe the system's behavior with and without a controller.
- Implemented features required by NATO's standardization agreement documents.
- Designed efficient information processing routines that were deployed on the naval vessels.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as the reporting tool.
Co-founder and General Manager
- Designed and developed an anti-drone system that can detect and neutralize drones automatically.
- Managed a team of engineers as the startup's manager and co-founder.
- Attended fairs and presented the product during marketing events.
- Shared the expertise gained in this initiative with an enterprise defense company.
- Integrated multiple software and hardware components' APIs produced by third-party companies.
- Contributed to several technical agreement documents that define APIs used by teams from different companies.
- Utilized Jira for reporting and tracked and fixed bugs.
- Developed a graphic interface for a communication device.
- Designed a user interface that's similar to messaging apps using JavaFX.
- Tracked and fixed bugs while utilizing Jira for reporting.
C++ and Qt Developer
- Developed a desktop app that controls and communicates with testing equipment for electronic circuits.
- Used automation provided by the app to reduce the time needed for the company's testing procedures by at least four times.
- Utilized Qt libraries to design a user interface that was adopted by several teams within the company.
Customer Info REST API
Combat Management System
Tactical Data Links
Submarine Information Management System
Deep Recurrent Attention Modelhttps://github.com/tkargioglu/Deep_Recurrent_Attention_Model
ClearSky | Anti-drone Systemhttp://web2.bilkent.edu.tr/shadef/
The detection unit identified drones using visual data and calculated the output with the position of a target drone. We trained deep neural networks using Python. The neutralization unit deployed a jammer with a directional antenna to eliminate the detected drones by distorting their communication. The controlling unit orchestrated the components and the decision-making process, among other things.
The system could send images to the neural network, positioning the antenna according to the detection unit's output and UI within the controlling unit. As the startup's general manager, I was involved in every step of the product's development.
A GUI for the display and confirmation of the forms developed with Angular.
Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Qt, JUnit, Mockito, Angular, AngularJS, ADF, Oracle ADF
REST APIs, Sockets, React, AES
MATLAB, Apache Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Jira, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, GitHub, Eclipse IDE, Apache Tomcat, Angular CLI, Stash, Bamboo, CMake, MATLAB Neural Network Toolbox, MATLAB Statistics & Machine Learning Toolbox
Clean Code, Design Patterns, Microservices, REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Desktop App Development, Management, Unit Testing, Microservices Architecture, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Asynchronous Programming, API Architecture
Numerical Simulations, Numerical Analysis, Stochastic Modeling, RESTful Services, Linear Algebra, Data Structures, Algorithms, Networking, Circuit Design, Electronics, Multithreading, Performance Optimization, Memory Management, Software Architecture, Web Development, Back-end, User Interface (UI), APIs, FPGA, API Integration, Control Theory, Mathematical Programming, Front-end, Architecture, Computational Geometry, Desktop App Design, User Experience (UX), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Full-stack, Medical Coding, Medical Imaging, Integration, Integration Testing, VM, WebLogic, RSA, Async/Await, Drones, Cryptography, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), PID Controllers, Modeling, Simulations, Software, PCB, Microcontrollers, Microprocessors
Linux, Arduino, Ubuntu, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MySQL, JSON, Relational Databases
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Koç University - Istanbul, Turkey
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Bilkent University - Ankara, Turkey
The Complete Guide to Becoming a Software Architect
Design Patterns in Modern C++
Practical Test Driven Development for Java Programmers
Java Multithreading, Concurrency & Performance Optimization
Java Memory Management
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring