Full-stack Developer2021 - PRESENTOats Overnight
- Developed the front end of marketing pages with complex custom elements, such as animated fixed-positioned slideshows and mapped images.
- Applied changes for site optimization in accordance with the analytics results and requests I was given; also applied automation for asset minification.
- Assisted with resolving issues around product subscriptions with the ReCharge plugin.
- Developed custom shipping tracking pages with the use of the APIs of the shipping providers.
Web Designer | Developer2020 - PRESENTQueerit
- Developed a custom Shopify app with React and Rails for the Shopify sex shop Venus Envy. The app simplifies complexity by connecting Shopify and different plugins in one interface, with the use of their APIs.
- Handled the Squarespace development for Erik Iversen's 5Rhythms website.
- Implemented the WordPress BoldGrid setup and content migration for Nick Venegoni's new version of his holistic therapy website, Holistictherapysf.com.
- Handled the front end and design customizations along with site optimization, and WordPress plugin and theme updates for Community Forests International's charity website.
Freelance Developer2011 - PRESENTBuilt by Thanos
- Created a custom event meeting management tool that was used by several media companies including Hitachi, Netcracker, and Tahola, in mobile conferences around the globe.
- Developed the front end and set up the Shopify store for Darkroom, a design company based in London.
- Developed the front end and the WordPress back end (migrated from ExpressionEngine) of the promotional website of the opera artist manager, James Black; am currently still managing and maintaining the website.
- Maintained and fixed issues for numerous WordPress websites, approached by clients in need of technical support beyond their technical abilities.
Lead Developer2009 - 2020Secret Squirrels
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Parallel Programming, Concurrent Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), APIs, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, CSS, HTML, MySQL, PHP
- Built an initial app with PHP for mystery dining form submission.
- Extended the app with various different add-ons, such as user management and a booking system used regularly by around 4,000 subscribers.
- Connected the app to third-party services via a custom API, in order to provide our data to our Secret Squirrel's clients intranet.
- Migrated the app and data to Ruby on Rails while working on the front-end development of a new design.
- Worked on statistical data manipulation and various custom graph reports.
- Developed an autonomous review system that was used by the clients' customers to review their products.
- Integrated reviews and ratings from popular sites such as Google Maps and Tripadvisor.
Developer2008 - 2014Pretty UK Ltd
- Developed several front-end and back-end features for the spread-betting application platform and promotional website ETX Capital. The platform was used by thousands of users, in many different countries across the globe.
- Created an e-shop from scratch (with Magento) for the high-end West London-based store Chelsea Textiles.
- Built an event meeting management tool used by Hertz.
- Built the front end for the new site of the recruitment agency Prospectus.
- Worked on the development of a Shopify website for Jakes of Soho: Pretty.co.uk/blog/new-jakes-website-live.
- Developed a Facebook application using the Spotify API. The application allowed users to search for a track inspired by a particular artwork, to comment on that track, and to share it with their friends.
- Set up and developed the website front end for the photographer, Conor Masterson: Conormasterson.com.