Developer and Consultant2017 - PRESENTFreelance
- Wrote a tool to perform analytics on repositories using GitHub's GraphQL API.
- Refactored a code base for transparency and readability in preparation for an audit.
- Analyzed code delivered to a client by an external company, tested for completeness, correctness, and wrote an evaluation the outsourcing company based on the deliverable.
- Wrote a single page app to provide a medical tool based on research published by clients.
- Gathered requirements for the technical infrastructure of a prospective medical study, vetted external vendors, and evaluated proposals.
CTO2013 - 2016CSTS Semion
Technologies: Datomic, ClojureScript, Clojure
- Led the design and implementation of the initial prototype and the platform it grew into.
- Analyzed the needs of the platform and surveyed the current open source ecosystem to inform architectural direction.
- Assisted in the development of the hiring policy and established a culture that rewards creative, rigorous solutions.
- Built a great team capable of tackling problems beyond the capabilities of the initial three co-founders.
- Oversaw the development process, issue tracking, delivery schedules, and milestones.
- Communicated the current state and future direction of the platform to customers and potential customers.
Machine Learning Lead2012 - 2013Tastefilter, Inc.
- Designed and wrote a recommendation engine for a music discovery app.
- Contributed to the front-end development as the need arose.
Full-stack Web Developer2011 - 2012Evolving Web
- Submitted patches to opensource tools and frameworks used.
- Contributed to internal continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
Game AI Developer2010 - 2011Norhside inc.
Technologies: Python, Java
- Maintained and extended several components of a natural language processing pipeline used to generate in game dialog on the fly.
- Contributed to R&D planning meetings to set future direction.
- Play-tested the game more strictly than necessary.