Verified Expert in Engineering
Thomas is a senior full-stack TypeScript developer with a strong background in C++. At the start of his career, he built his own company, selling audio software and developing embedded devices. Nowadays, his passion is front-end development using web technologies. This experience, combined with his expertise in back-end development, makes Thomas the perfect fit for every full-stack project.
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Oh My Zsh
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is the software synthesizer, Nylon, which sold commercially and received great reviews in the German audio press.
- Developed and deployed the desktop app anvajo datalab, the data management and device configuration tool for the anvajo fluidlab R-300. The app is written in Electron, React, and TypeScript. It is internationalized for several languages.
- Created and designed internal company tooling for data analysis and exploration using web technologies, including visualizing data on top of microscope images and displaying data points in interactive graphs.
- Introduced sentry, the central error tracking system for consumer-facing desktop applications.
- Developed the commercially sold software synthesizer, Nylon. My main focus was on the UI, back end, and server infrastructure.
- Built an app prototype for a smart level-meter based on an embedded device with a custom Linux distribution. My main focus was on the app's development, hardware interfacing, and communication between the app and the embedded device.
- Managed the company's GitLab CI/CD pipeline. The pipeline included code- and installer-signing, MacOS software notarization, and deployment to the company website.
- Spearheaded and implemented several contracted job offers, including client communication, requirements engineering, and the actual tasks' implementation and deployment.
anvajo datalab | Management Toolhttps://anvajo.com/solutions/datalab
I owned all aspects of the software, except for the initial UI design. This included the software and back-end implementation on the embedded device, UI testing, code signing, and deployment.
The application organizes and visualizes data from the device's internal microscope and spectrometer and enhances them with the output from a neural network. The app is used by owners of fluidlab R-300 equipment in laboratories and universities.
Nylon | Software Synthesizerhttps://wavecasual.com/nylon
I owned all the application's features, except the audio engine, including the front end, back-end server, copy protection, code signing, notarization, and deployment. I was particularly proud of implementing our declarative UI system for fast prototyping and the resulting animated user interfaces.
Crowdsourcing App for Invasive Species
In this contracted job, I owned the app's full-stack implementation, as well as all communication with the client.
The app is installable on the user's device and supports offline use.
Redux, MUI (Material UI), JUCE, Box2D, Electron, Next.js, gRPC
Node.js, React, OpenGL, OpenCV
Git, Xcode, CLion, Sentry, Webpack, CMake, Oh My Zsh, Workbox
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), KeystoneJS, MacOS
SSH, ParcelJS, PWA, Requirements, Yocto, Strapi
Diploma in Computer Science
Technische Universität Dresden - Dresden, Germany
Certified Tester, Foundation Level