Freelancer2011 - PRESENTSmiths Heimann GmbH Wiesbaden, Germany
Technologies: Machine Learning, Java, C/C++, Eclipse, CVS, Valgrind, GDB
- Worked on pattern recognition in millimeter-wave/x-ray images.
- Developed new algorithms for weapons and explosives detection in baggage.
- Utilized machine learning and deep learning methods.
- Implemented signal reconstruction and signal filtering.
- Developed tracking and optical flow.
Freelancer2010 - PRESENTSwiss Timing/Media Seasons
Technologies: Machine Learning, Java, C/C++, CUDA, Eclipse
- Created real-time image-based tracking methods for curling stones (2014 Winter Olympics).
- Built real-time generic object recognition algorithms in video sequences (alpine skiing, soccer, bobsled, horse riding).
- Programmed real-time camera pose estimation and tracking using sports pitch markings.
- Implemented tracking/optical flow using CUDA.
- Created stable multi-target tracking and trajectory generation.
Freelancer2005 - 2012Fokus GmbH Leipzig, Germany
Technologies: Computer Vision, Java, Eclipse
- Developed photogrammetry algorithms.
- Implemented efficient visual feature extraction from high-resolution images.
- Estimated intrinsic camera parameters from stereo image matching.
- Reconstructed 3D forms from stereo images.
- Programmed fast optical marker detection and recognition from high-resolution images.
Student Research Assistant2008 - 2009Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences Leipzig, Germany
Technologies: C/C++, Qt, Java, Eclipse, SVN
- Removed n-D baseline drifts of signals using entropy minimization.
- Analyzed and filtered volume datasets using magnetic resonance imaging.
- Completed a bachelor's thesis entitled "Automatic inhomogeneity compensation for magnetic resonance imaging volume datasets of the human brain."
- Developed a new recursive super resolution algorithm.
- Conducted statistical evaluation of huge datasets.
Trainee2006 - 2008Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences Leipzig, Germany
Technologies: C++, Presentation®
- Designed and implemented an behavior experiment with 60 subjects on "Prediction of human decisions."
- Created statistical analysis and pattern recognition algorithms in human behaviour.
- Designed and implemented an exhibit for the research summer 2008 in Leipzig.
- Implemented signal analysis and pattern recognition algorithms.
- Developed data analysis software for near-infrared spectroscopy of the human brain.