PHP Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Web Architect2012 - PRESENTTalech, Inc.
- Made all major decisions about the technology stack, frameworks, and architecture of all web features on www.talech.com. As the first engineering (and second overall) hire, I have been closely involved with the product design process, and am responsible for the deployment process and DevOps for the site.
- Singlehandedly created and cultivated teams to build features such as inventory management, customer management, order history, and sales and business analytics (including charts and spreadsheets), all on a responsive single-page app.
- Formed and guided a team to build an online ordering portal for our restaurant merchants, similar to Eat24 or GrubHub, which includes real-time order status, inventory status, email alerts, and more.
- Designed and developed an email marketing system like MailChimp, but simpler, to allow our merchants to reach their customers and entice them with deals.
- Masterminded and architected our asynchronous job queue system after it became clear that not all analytics and data crunching can be done in real-time as our company's user base grows. The system handles a variety of reporting and sales analysis along with the vast majority of outgoing emails (receipts, marketing messages from users to their customers, etc.).
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2012Zynga, Inc.
- Built a viral system for Hidden Chronicles for our users to send gifts and friend requests to each other in game. This system supported 10s of millions of virals sent each day.
- Essential to the build and deployment process RewardVille, a loyalty program and meta-game for the Zynga network. I employed my strong back-end skills to produce a complex, cross-platform, cross-game user experience that influenced millions of users each day and improved network retention and DAU.
- Hit 6 million registrations with my first project, a cross-promotion platform and website known as zLotto that provided the pre-seeding for Zynga.com, with a small team and just a couple short weeks of development.
- Contributed to the development of Zynga.com, our social gaming network.
- Helped launch Zynga Poker on the Google+ network.
- Talech, Inc. (Development)https://www.talech.com
For the past three years, I have led a team that builds and maintains a dashboard for our point-of-sales merchants to analyze their sales, manage their inventory, send out marketing emails to their customers, and more. I obsess over clean web UIs, maintainable code, and helping our merchants understand their business trends as quickly as possible. As the first engineering hire at Talech, I am also completely self-reliant and self-motivated; you can count on me to handle everything including spec review, level-of-effort estimation, architecting, developing and even deployment.
- Zynga's RewardVille (Development)http://rewards.zynga.com
A key member in building and deploying RewardVille, a loyalty program and meta game for the Zynga network. I brought my strong back-end skills to produce a complex, cross-platform, cross-game user experience that influenced millions of users each day and improved network retention and DAU.
- Zynga's Hidden Chronicles (Development)
A Facebook game made by Zynga that supported 9 million daily active users.
FrameworksKnockout.js, Laravel, Slim
ToolsAmazon SQS, AWS SES, Sublime Text 3, Apache
ParadigmsAgile Software Development
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
StorageAWS S3, MySQL, SQLite, Redis, Memcached
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science2008 - 2010UC Davis - Davis, CA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and Engineering2003 - 2007UC Davis - Davis, CA