- Web Architect2012 - PRESENTTalech, Inc.
- Made all major decisions about the technology stack, frameworks, and architecture of all web features on www.talech.com. As the first engineering (and second overall) hire, I have been closely involved with the product design process, and am responsible for the deployment process and DevOps for the site.
- Singlehandedly created and cultivated teams to build features such as inventory management, customer management, order history, and sales and business analytics (including charts and spreadsheets), all on a responsive single-page app.
- Formed and guided a team to build an online ordering portal for our restaurant merchants, similar to Eat24 or GrubHub, which includes real-time order status, inventory status, email alerts, and more.
- Designed and developed an email marketing system like MailChimp, but simpler, to allow our merchants to reach their customers and entice them with deals.
- Masterminded and architected our asynchronous job queue system after it became clear that not all analytics and data crunching can be done in real-time as our company's user base grows. The system handles a variety of reporting and sales analysis along with the vast majority of outgoing emails (receipts, marketing messages from users to their customers, etc.).
- Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2012Zynga, Inc.
- Built a viral system for Hidden Chronicles for our users to send gifts and friend requests to each other in game. This system supported 10s of millions of virals sent each day.
- Essential to the build and deployment process RewardVille, a loyalty program and meta-game for the Zynga network. I employed my strong back-end skills to produce a complex, cross-platform, cross-game user experience that influenced millions of users each day and improved network retention and DAU.
- Hit 6 million registrations with my first project, a cross-promotion platform and website known as zLotto that provided the pre-seeding for Zynga.com, with a small team and just a couple short weeks of development.
- Contributed to the development of Zynga.com, our social gaming network.
- Helped launch Zynga Poker on the Google+ network.