Co-founder | CTO2017 - PRESENTOhana — Singapore & Vietnam
Technologies: React Native, MongoDB, Express.js, HTML, CSS, Angular (Legacy), Highcharts, Tableau, Sketch, Firebase
- Founded and managed the entire product team of the most advanced apartment marketplace in Vietnam (Airbnb-like, for residential rentals) on React/React Native and launched on both web and mobile. The marketplace reached 200,000 users in 2 years serving 1500 apartment finders every day.
- Built from scratch the entire stack of the marketplace including mobile apps on React Native, APIs on ExpressJS, and database as MongoDB.
- Developed from scratch the entire authentication system to replace Firebase due to its low performance in Asia.
- Created a concurrency system to sync users' offline data across multiple devices.
- Migrated all of the AngularJS components on the legacy web app to React Native on mobile while rewriting 0 lines of code.
- Used data analytics to identify and rewrite several MondoDB queries with performance issues.
- Created a roommate matching algorithm based on 22 different lifestyle qualities.
- Created a customizable form wizard where each step dynamically adapts to multiple answers of the previous steps. The wizard engine is decoupled enough to be reused on both React Native and Angular.
- Built several admin features on React including data charts (with Highcharts), CRMs, and user management.
- Developed from scratch a simpler alternative to Redux but highly tailored to the current system.
- Designed from scratch the UI/UX, and branding of the product with Sketch and, later on, led the product design team.
- Developed and iterated on Tableau charts with connection to the MongoDB BI portal to perform product and sales data analytics resulting in 2x the GMV of the marketplace.
- Developed financial models, laid out business strategy, and participated in strategic investor meetings.
Co-founder | CEO2014 - 2016KodeQ — Atlanta, GA & Vietnam
- Participated in the sales, management, and operations—growing the company to 15 engineers.
Software Engineer V2014 - 2015ADP — Atlanta, GA
- Joined the effort of rebuilding the entire web product by transforming a scattered system of web technologies into a centralized system with unified standards and up-to-date technology using a proprietary framework that was built in-house.
- Redesigned the product with Sketch.
- Made several adjustments to the framework in its early days.
Technologies: AngularJS, Sass, Facebook API, Highcharts, HTML, CSS
- Joined the core team that establishes new programming standards for the front end of a newly built content management system on Weather.com.
- Designed and implemented foundational Angular services and directives that are later used by other developers to build testable application modules.
- Transferred knowledge and experiences to several team members who were new to AngularJS.
- Optimized the critical rendering path, bringing page load time from five seconds to two seconds.
- Trained and mentored new team members.
- Performed code review during development cycles to ensure code quality and standards.
- Used a Highcharts library to deliver charting solutions across the weather visualization features.
Technologies: Backbone.js, Fabric, RequireJS, HTML5 Canvas, AngularJS, easyXDM (CORS), HTML, CSS
- Worked with HTML5 Canvas and Fabric to create a straightforward, interaction design tool that allowed customers to customize printable products.
Web Application Developer2012 - 2013WingStats — Atlanta, GA
Technologies: Yii Framework (PHP), jQuery, AngularJS, HTML, CSS
- Successfully implemented Agile development workflows.
- Built the whole system from the ground up: database design, back-end, and front-end architectural design.
- Migrated the original application from BackPress to the Yii Framework for an improved component organization thus putting more focus onto solid architecture and security.
- Customized the Yii framework to add design patterns that support enterprise-grade software development: dependency injection, aspect-oriented programming, two-step view layout, service layer (transaction script implementation), and JSON web service inspired by the "Patterns of Service-oriented Web Application" by Martin Fowler.
- Completely replaced an outdated jQuery front end with modern Angular and RequireJS.
Full-stack Magento Developer2012 - 2013ExpandLab (Acquired by Visiture) — Atlanta, GA
- Customized and developed from scratch sophisticated Magento extensions spanning the back end to front end for several eCommerce websites built on the Magento framework.
Technologies: Backbone.js, HTML, CSS