- Co-founderHive Solutions, Lda.2009 - PRESENT
- Helped develop Colony, a modularity framework, for which we developed enough plugins to turn it into a fully-fledged enterprise-grade stack.
- Helped develop Frontdoor, a cutting-edge SaaS ERP, built on top of our Colony Framework.
- Did plenty of consulting work remotely and onsite for multiple companies.
- Helped build plenty of tools which we leverage daily to make us leaner and more productive.
- iOS DeveloperRocksauce Studios, LLC. (via Toptal)2013 - 2015
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS SDK
- Worked on more than a dozen iOS projects, including back-end and front-end development, bug fixes, troubleshooting with hardware manufacturers in China, and more.
- Created the Challenges feature as well as the 24/7 Weight and Sleep features for MapMyFitness, now part of UnderArmour.
- Full-stack DeveloperEastpoint, LLC. (via Toptal)2013 - 2013
Technologies: Python, Flask, Quorum, MongoDB
- Developed a market analytics solution to provide decision supporting statistics on exports to china.
- Developed a clean and elegant back-office using Python, Flask, Quorum (a framework developed by Hive), and UXF (a user interface library developed by Hive).
- Developed front-office to fit exactly according to the client's specs.
- Established a security strategy by explaining to the client what kind of attacks exist, and implementing the countermeasures for each of them (elucidating to the client that some of the attacks are social by nature and can't be completely addressed by technology).
- Delivered full product exactly according to the initial project estimate.
- Full-stack DeveloperDiscover Your City, LLC. (via Toptal)2013 - 2013
Technologies: Python, Flask, MongoDB, Objective-C, iOS SDK
- Implemented full server-side code to provide the APIs for the iOS application.
- Implemented an elegant back-office interface from scratch for the client to be able to manage details about the application.
- Deployed server code and assets to Heroku and Amazon Web Services, fine-tuning them to get the best performance at the lowest price.
- Implemented a fully functional iOS application from top to bottom that met the client's requirements.
- Dug deep into the iOS SDK, creating some elegant hacks to provide some features required by the client but completely unsupported by the iOS SDK.
- iOS DeveloperRockLobby, LLC. (via Toptal)2012 - 2013
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS SDK
- Built an iOS app for the Rock Lobby live music discovery service.
- Salvaged original iOS code from the previous developer, fully refactoring it to meet higher quality standards.
- Collaborated with the remote back-end developer (5-hour offset) to integrate the iOS app with the service logic.
- Helped improve the original user experience and layout with personal suggestions.
- Successfully released the final version to the app store.
- Back-end DeveloperIdle Games, Inc. (via Toptal)2012 - 2012
- Coded an administration tool for a social gaming title, leveraging and pushing the envelope on the Django admin (saw where it breaks, learned how to fix and extend it).
- Developed new generic views for reporting in Django and efficient retrieval of large datasets from Mongo DB.
- Developed business critical APIs directly impacting monetization and game server operation.
- Did performance sensitive work, ready to handle large scale operations.
- Provided TDD and extensive unit-test coverage.
- Full-stack Developer and Team CoachRetail Consult (via Hive)2012 - 2012
Technologies: Oracle DB, C#, SQL, PL/SQL
- Developed a prototype solution for the managing B2B communications and transactions for Parfois.
- Used C# and stored procedures (PL/SQL) for the Back-End logic of the system.
- Contracted as a consultant to empower the company's development team by getting them up to speed with the technologies required to develop the prototype.
- Coordinated the development team to get the prototype ready in time, following a very tight schedule.
- Helped the contracting company accurately assess risks and mitigate the impact of the underestimated project schedule.
- Software Developer and CopywriterBargania (via Hive)2011 - 2011
Technologies: Python, Colony Framework
- Developed Deal-a-Day service (Groupon clone) aggregation platform, where one could check out the latest deals from all main providers, sort them through different preferences, and receive a personalized newsletter with the offers most suited to the user's profile.
- Did copywriting and translation for the whole portal and associated media (e.g., advertising).
- Software DeveloperSchoooools (via Hive)2010 - 2010
- Developed backoffice features and a mobile app for Schoooools (social network for child students, teachers and parents).
- Created user action-tracking and simple analytics system.
- Developed new classroom management features for educational system.
- Worked with PhoneGap to create a solution for both the iOS and Android clients.
- Extended PhoneGap features at the time to include custom communications protocol, for notifications.
- Software Development Engineer in Test (Tester, QA, Bug-fixer)Microsoft2008 - 2009
Technologies: C#, .NET Framework, X++, Dynamics AX
- Worked in the Dynamics AX Global Development Localization team, mainly as Quality Assurance engineer, but also doing some development work on the side.
- Performed tasks such as running manual tests, coding and fixing test automation, designing tests, searching for and investigating application bugs, as well as proposing fixes.
- Dissected legacy code coverage analysis tool used in Dynamics AX, and introduced a change that brought a whole other level of detail over the analysis by allowing to measure code coverage amongst the application layers.
- Developed an anonymization tool to strip personal identifiable information from Dynamics AX databases.
- Interacted with Microsoft developers and testers from all nationalities.