Verified Expert in Engineering
Tihomir is a technically-minded and results-oriented software developer with hands-on experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems. He has the proven ability to debug and optimize code, automate routine tasks, rapidly learn new software languages, and configure and maintain web applications. Tihomir focuses on Python, Golang, and Linux among others.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Docker, Go, Python, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a machine learning project that used a convolutional neural network to recognize street signs.
Senior Software Engineer
- Supported building, testing, and deploying a new suite of smart productivity software based on data extraction, categorization, sentiment analysis.
- Implemented serverless back end in Go consuming 100k messages daily and cut operational cost by 50%.
- Was in charge of creating an on-prem offering by dockerizing Python monolith deployed in Kubernetes.
- Maintained, developed, and configured a high-volume distributed system to increase availability and stability. This included maintaining and writing highly maintainable back-end code and monitoring, planning, and improving infrastructure on GCP.
- Maintained and improved Python and Go microservice back end.
- Helped increase clients' user base by ten times by implementing RabbitMQ horizontal pod autoscaler based on queue counts.
- Decreased provisioning time for RabbitMQ cluster on GKE by 80% by using Terraform and Helm.
- Decreased provisioning time for MongoDB replica set on GCE by 90% using Ansible and Terraform.
- Created, configured, and maintained a high-volume microservice-based distributed system to increase productivity.
- Performed various operations including writing API documentation, advising other teams, and responding to API monitoring alerts.
- Reduced deployment time by 80% by creating and executing tool for canary service deployment; accelerated testing time by 50% via execution of tool for local API testing.
- Designed and launched software; configured and upgraded government enterprise systems to enhance the efficiency of the resources management process.
- Provided strategic leadership and guidance to four student interns regarding web app development and maintenance based on React and Redux technology stack.
- Resolved client problems on-site and presented new solutions for clients.
- Built, led, trained, and motivated developer of multi-million government projects for process improvement.
Docker Swarm Canary Deployment Tool
Time Tracking Tool
Account Management System
Kubernetes, Linux, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), WebSphere
Python, Java, SQL, Go
Flask, Django, Spring, Hibernate
Helm, RabbitMQ, Ansible, Terraform, Docker Compose, NGINX, Istio, Vault
Agile Workflow, Microservices, Test-driven Development (TDD)
NoSQL, InfluxDB, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia
CKA: Certified Kubernetes Administrator
The Linux Foundation