Full-Stack Developer2014 - PRESENTTravelife
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, WebStorm, Jasmine, Gulp, MongoDB, CQRS+ES, EC2, Socket.io, Git
- Developed the prototype of a travel planning and sharing tool in Node.js and AngularJS.
- Travel Life helps independent travelers discover other people on their trips, manage travel itineraries and share their experience.
Founder and Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTslash9.tv
Technologies: Node.js, Express, Jasmine, EventStore, MongoDB, Mongoose
- Designed and developed an online marketing tool.
- Created an event-driven CQRS+ES system.
- Hosted and automatically deployed in the cloud (EC2).
- Performed Unit and Integration tests with Jasmine.
- Integrated with social media.
Senior Developer2014 - 2014PItco
Technologies: .NET, AngularJS, WebAPI, Entity Framework, SQL Server, MassTransit, RabbitMQ, Git
- Assisted with the development of a Home Banking application for a prepaid Credit Card system provided by a main retail concern in Belgium.
- The system was built with a .NET/MassTransit back-end with an AngularJS UI.
Team Lead / Senior .NET Developer2012 - 2014Fifthplay NV
Technologies: .NET, MVC, WCF, NServiceBus, Entity Framework, SQL Server, Event-Driven Architecture
- Designed and developed an event-driven Back-End.
- Introduced TDD & BDD to the development team, through presentations and coaching.
- Set up continuous integration and delivery on Jenkins, for the .NET environment.
- Defined the architecture and designed the Back-End.
- Developed secure SOAP and REST services.
- Lead the .NET development team (variable 5 to 8 people teams, including remote workers from Spain).
- Performed low-level profiling for memory leaks and performance improvement.
Senior Software Developer / Mentor2011 - 2011Metallo Chimique NV
Technologies: .NET 4.0, Silverlight 4, RIA Services, WCF, Entity Framework, MEF, SQL Server
- Developed an Incident management business application.
- Defined the architectures of the Front-End and Back-End.
- Implemented automated testing and deployment.
- Created functional and technical requirements.
- Mentored juniors.
Senior Developer / Coach2011 - 2011Xerius
Technologies: .NET 4.0, Silverlight 4, Prism, WCF, Entity Framework, MEF, Unity, EnterpriseLibrary, SQL Server, DevExpress Silverlight Control, Layered Application, TDD, IoC, AOP
- Developed and designed a Document Management System.
- Performed Code reviews to ensure code quality.
- Created a Silverlight 4 User Interface Design.
- Integrated with legacy systems.
- Mentored junior developers.
Senior Software Developer / Architect2008 - 2010NMBS .NET Competence Center
Technologies: .NET 3.5 to 4.0, TFS, WPF, WCF, WSE3, MEF, WinForm, VS-AddIn, Oracle, Enterprise Library, ASP.NET, Ajax, nHibernate
- Acted as the architect in charge of the NDCC (.NET Competence Centre), which supports and defines the guidelines for the projects ,on which approximately 120 .NET developers worked on.
- Defined the standards and guidelines document, “Ensuring Software Quality”, concerning software quality, continuous integration, TFS usage and (Unit) testing and ASP.NET State Management.
- Secured web-service interoperability with PHP and Java.
- Organized presentations/workshops about Unit Testing and Mocking / TDD , Unity IoC Container and interception (AOP), and nHibernate Profiler.
- Performed research on usage of WPF, Silverlight and MEF in future projects.
- Responsible for TFS migration from 2005 to 2010.
- Performed code reviews to ensure everything is developed following the defined standards.
- Acted as Lead Developer for the code-generation tool part of the application framework, used by the .NET developers at NMBS.
- Acted as Architect for the Mandarin web project: Defined architecture, performed code reviews and development support.
Software Architect2008 - 2008Care
Technologies: .NET 3.5, Winform application on terminal server, CSLA, Linq to SQL, SQL Server 2005, Sourcesafe, Custom Code Generation
- Defined architecture of an office business application.
- Designed the data-model.
- Implemented core functionality of the framework.
- Created functional and technical requirements togheter with business.
- Migrated a VB6 application to .NET.
Software Engineer2004 - 2007Fabricom-Gti
Technologies: .NET 1 to 3.5, NHiberNate, SQL Server, Remoting, OPC, Serial Communication
- Performed Hardware Integration on multiple different hardware devices.
- Developed multiple kiosk applications in WinForms and WPF.
- Developed a distributed service framework based on .NET Remoting.
- Created functional and technical requirements.
- Developed and maintened an ASP.NET web-portal.
Software Application Developer2001 - 2004Solid System Solutions
- Developed an Enigeering Process desktop application in VB6 and .NET.
- Developed a broadcast application for live sport results display on TV, using .NET WinForms.
- Developed several administration tools in VB6, VBA and Office.
- Developed multiple C and C++ components, used to integrate different applications.
- Integrated with MS Visio: created new documents with advanced routing between shapes and objects.
Software Application Developer2000 - 2001INEOS nv
- Developed multiple administrative tools in VB6 and VBA.
- Developed code generation tools.
- Developed a generic data-access layer.
- Developed a graphics generating tool in Access and VBA.
- Developed a DCOM component, used to integrate multiple applications.