Verified Expert in Engineering
Tim is a highly motivated and ambitious tech lead with a strong background in web full-stack development. He loves to translate business to tech, solve complicated problems, lead teams, help people grow, write scalable code, and create something that people like to use and makes their lives easier. Tim has a strong background in DevOps, product and people management, and business.
MacOS, Linux, PhpStorm, Visual Studio, GitLab, Slack, Skype
The most amazing...
...thing I’ve developed is a project communication and productivity platform that is currently helping hundreds of companies to eliminate failure costs.
Chief Technology Officer
- Developed a RESTful API with automated tests and CI/CD pipelines.
- Led a team of developers on creating a front end and mobile app.
- Moved system to AWS and implemented dynamically scaling.
- Implemented real-time architecture based on Socket.IO and Laravel Echo server.
Freelance Senior Full-stack Developer
Mors IT Enterprise
- Developed a WooCommerce webshop with a lot of custom modules, integrations, and reports.
- Worked on the project which quickly became a high-load webshop, which resulted in slow WordPress responses. Implemented Nginx caching on front end, added PHP-FPM clusters to load balance PHP requests, created a MySQL cluster with multiply read nodes.
- Implemented REST API with bearer token authentication base on WooCommerce functionality for mobile app.
- Implemented custom statistics module in existing custom CRM based on Laravel.
- Created WooCommerce integrations with payment providers, drop shipping, CRM, and stock management systems.
Product Owner | Senior PHP Developer
- Worked on a high-load marketing website based on popular CMS.
- Merged two codebases of two marketing departments in one codebase.
- Acted as a product owner and was responsible for sprint retrospectives and presentations for stakeholder.
- Managed contacts with a cloud provider and external outsourcing and ensured that all technical aspects of the server architecture and code are properly aligned.
- Led platform migration project to a new PHP version.
- Scaled automation testing based on GhostInspector to ensure stability and availability of the websites.
- Founded SecureHoster that quickly became popular in budget web hosting solutions.
- Worked on the web hosting panel based on ISPconfig with a lot of custom modifications to ensure stability and security for shared hosting environments.
- Sold the company with over 700 clients and 30 countries in 2018.
- Migrated high-load projects to new managed servers with fail-over or load-balancing architecture.
- Found critical ISPconfig security issues and proposed a solution for them.
- Custom-implemented Let's Encrypt in ISPconfig, included updating SSL before expiration, re-generated Nginx and Apache configs.
- Created a custom module for WHMCS for processing iDeal payments directly via ING bank connection.
- Built a module in ISPconfig to control the client's load on the server CPU, RAM, SQL, and IOPS. Implemented thresholds per client with a connection to WHMCS, re-checks, and graphs, notifications, and auto suspension of the web hosting package.
- Implemented a custom monitoring and statistics system based on Laravel.
Senior Full-stack Developer | Team Lead
- Worked on an innovative call center software that includes phone, mail, chat, social media, and much more modules.
- Developed real-time REST chat application with HTTP long-poll technique and dynamic routing to available agent based on routing strategy and skill set.
- Created a mail module and allows call center agents to answer customer emails from the system; emails were routed based on routing strategy and agent skill set.
- Set up a new team of developers in the United States. Selected the best candidates from around 300 resumes and interviewed more than 20 candidates.
- Created a deep integration with a social media monitoring system. Module routed social media posts to available agents based on routing strategy and skill set.
- Implemented Sphinx for deep-text search through the system.
- Created real-time reports screen with business-critical KPIs with complex MySQL queries.
Clients can fill in SFTP credentials that are being stored encrypted, and the system will move all files; they can also export and import the database on any web hosting provider, tested with 100GB database on a cheap hosting with very low limits, and replace all needed configuration parameters like database credentials, paths, and domain names, resulting in fully automated, fast, and secure websites migrations. The system handles WordPress serializations, Magento caching, and other CMS-related cases automatically.
Custom Monitoring System
I developed custom servers monitoring based on Laravel, Bootstrap, and Google Charts. The system tracked many critical server parameters such as HTTP and FTP and other network traffic, CPU, RAM, disk usage, SMTP, POP, and IMAP services, DNS, Nginx connections, and MySQL load. In addition, I implemented SMS Clickatell and e-mail notifications based on configurable thresholds and visualization in graphs with primitive anomaly detection.
De of Het Experthttps://deofhet.expert/
Laravel, PHP MVC, PHPUnit, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Zend Framework, Bootstrap, Realtime
jQuery, REST APIs, WooCommerce API, Stripe, Vue, Doctrine, Sockets, Socket.IO, Pusher, Google Chart API, React
NGINX, Git, PhpStorm, Apache, Shell, Trello, AWS ELB, Zapier, Visual Studio, GitLab, Slack, Skype, Postfix, Nagios, Zabbix, Ansible, Jira, Asterisk, ISPConfig
DevOps, Web Design Patterns, Web Architecture, Agile, Automated Testing, Test Automation, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CD), Kanban, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing
MacOS, Linux, WordPress, LAMP, LEMP, Amazon EC2, Debian, WooCommerce, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Magento, MODx, New Relic, Joomla, WHMCS, CentOS, cPanel, Proxmox
SQL Injection Protection, JSON, Databases, MySQL, Redis, MariaDB, Sphinx Search Engine, Elasticsearch
Web Hosting, High-load, XSS Protection, Full-stack, API Integration, Back-end, Engineering, APIs, Web App UX, Web Development, Web Security, Data Scraping, Web Scraping, IT Project Management, CI/CD Pipelines, OOP Designs, Failover Solutions, Load Balancers, Business to Business (B2B), DNS, Ajax, Organic SEO, Cordova, People Management, eCommerce, Caching, Intercom, Front-end, Front-end Development, Architecture, Leadership, CTO, Technical Leadership, Mobile Apps, Cloudflare, DirectAdmin, Parsers, Hardware
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming
University Rotterdam - Rotterdam