Verified Expert in Engineering
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Xcode, Node.js, iOS, Swift, Flutter
The most amazing...
...build system I've created automatically ordered and integrated human translation for an iPhone app. Of course, I also built, tested, and deployed the app.
Cryptography & Authentication Engineering Expert Reviewer
Encrypted Document Provider
- Provided feedback and designs on integrating Microsoft SSO into their existing architecture.
- Provided long-term guidance on standard cryptographic protocols and when to hire a cryptographer.
iOS Lead Architect
A Global Auto Manufacturer
- Brought an existing app from the US to the Australian market. Made significant upgrades to support a UI look and feel throughout the app that could be changed to match global and local branding requirements by changing just a few files.
- Delivered EV-connected car features to the North American market as the lead of a small team. These included battery and charging features using Flutter as part of an existing hybrid native/Flutter app.
- Rearchitected the existing Flutter application with clean architecture to allow for the consistent implementation of features across a large team of around 40 developers. This made the code easier to both maintain and extend with new features.
- Created a clean architecture approach for a new native application and directed its implementation across all packages and apps on both iOS and Android.
- Directed architecture of key capabilities within our native clean architecture: logging, design system, authentication, networking, testing (unit, network, UI), dependency injection, configuration, build system, and analytics.
- Provided senior-level review and technical direction for a team of about 20 engineers. Reviewed significant amounts of code, giving guidance and correction as needed to ensure code quality and correct architectural implementation.
- Delivered fully-tested, production-ready code for configuration, authentication, testing, and networking libraries in Swift.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built a replacement API for a client in the marketing industry using standard technology to help them find experienced, affordable developers for future needs easily.
- Created a prototype app for a fintech startup that extracted document text information with Apple's Vision framework and processed it into structured results.
- Provided the architecture guidance and code review service to a client with several related apps, aligning each in code and process with the others.
- Created a financial API in AWS connecting data provider information with local app data.
- Expanded and updated the client's Fastlane continuous integration system to build iOS apps and submit them to the App Store.
Mobile Engineering Manager
- Led a team of five iOS and two Android engineers in creating a large app for long-term enterprise needs, and apps intended to capture new markets for the company.
- Renovated a languishing app from ignored and unused into an app that gained the best-in-market App Store ratings and became the central pillar of sales pitches to Fortune 500 customers, helping win millions of dollars in contracts.
- Created a reliable continuous integration (CI) environment for our iOS apps with highly customized steps, including automated language translation requests and integration.
- Designed a mobile development strategy across multiple platforms and set standards for shared architecture and design patterns.
Senior Software Engineer
O.C. Tanner Company
- Created an iOS app in Objective-C focused on small businesses to extend our market reach in our sector. Enhanced and expanded the corresponding Ruby on Rails API as needed.
- Created a standard OAuth2-based API authentication mechanism for both enterprise and innovation APIs across the company in half a dozen different programming languages.
- Developed a health-tracking iOS app to bring a new employee wellness incentive product to our corporate customers.
- Created a Node.js back end and an Angular front end for a web application, allowing companies to use our optimized custom manufacturing capability as a service.
- Built a CI/CD system to test and deploy our innovative web products to Heroku, which was later taken to all enterprise products.
- Traveled to Heroku at their request to provide feedback on our platform's use and to discuss the needs for our future projects.
I built the app in Objective-C and later converted it to Swift. The back end featured server-side push notifications. Originally in asynchronous Sinatra and hosted on Heroku with a MongoDB database, it was converted to Node.js with PostgreSQL. Dependencies were initially managed by CocoaPods, later converted to Carthage, and then to Swift Package Manager. I was the sole developer since its App Store release.
Serverless Framework, UIKit, XCTest, StoreKit, Express.js, Flutter, iOS SDK, Core Data, Sinatra, SwiftUI, IGListKit, Ruby on Rails 3, Ruby on Rails 4, Angular, iOS SceneKit, Core Bluetooth, XCUITest, OAuth 2, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Alamofire, Kingfisher, Common Crypto, REST APIs, Node.js, Fabric, SwiftyBeaver, OpenSSL, AES, Core Image, BouncyCastle, SpriteKit, CocoaPods, FFmpeg
Fastlane, Xcode, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Apple Push Notifications, Git, Crashlytics, Grand Central Dispatch, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Jira, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Cognito, AWS IAM, Sirikit, Stunnel, Trello, ForgeRock, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, SwiftLint
REST, Cross-platform, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Test-driven Development (TDD), Clean Architecture
iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Keychain, Heroku, Firebase, WordPress, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon EC2, WatchOS, Linux, Bitrise, Bluetooth LE, Twilio, Azure, Android, WooCommerce
APIs, Localization, App Store, HTTP, Software Architecture, Architecture, Full-stack, User Interface (UI), App UX, Mobile Apps, AWS Cloud Architecture, Encryption, Bcrypt, Leadership, Apple CryptoKit, Amazon RDS, Charts, Amazon Cognito User Pools, Amazon API Gateway, Apple Vision Framework, Notification Center, Large Scale Distributed Systems, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Networking, Operating Systems, Interpreter Design, Source Code Parsing, NaCl, Carthage, Bluetooth, Cryptography, Authentication, Single Sign-on (SSO), melos, Riverpod, Mobile Security, Freezed, Monorepos, Swift Package Manager (SPM), Azure Pipelines, Applied Cryptography, libsodium, DIO, Combine, Videos
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, IIS SQL Server, JSON
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with a Mathematics Minor
Brigham Young University - Provo, Utah, USA
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate