Timothy A. Ronan
Data Visualization Developer
Timothy is a front-end developer who specializes in data visualization, vector graphics, interactives, and animation. He has experience throughout the entire scope of web projects and has designed UI/UX, assets, templates, and projects. He's analyzed, cleaned, and converted data and worked with databases and APIs. Embracing web experiences outside of the front-end has helped develop original, concise, and effective interfaces.
Webpack, Babel, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a player dashboard that updates live based on over 25 filters on 18 stats and five graphs for each player.
Senior Web Developer
- Managed projects, including planning, budgeting, design, and development.
- Built a project management application that includes features such as customizable forms, ticketing, and custom workflows.
- Created a branching questionnaire application for use in doctors' offices that allows for doctors to have base decision logic available for appointments.
- Built a survey application that takes third-party data and assists nurses in gathering patient information and calculating a risk score before major surgeries.
- Shared custom code sets and workflow management between projects to create more efficiency throughout the development lifecycle.
Pixel Perfect, HTML/CSS Expert
Deloitte (via Toptal)
- Worked remotely through a Slack channel to communicate needs.
- Built a custom static webpage with easy customization and built process.
- Developed with the goal of a <1-second load time. Optimized assets and loading to accommodate efficiency needs.
- Worked in a tight feedback loop to keep the development budget on track.
- Used custom animations without libraries to build a pixel-perfect, eye-catching product.
Senior Interactive Developer
- Built custom applications using best technologies for the job.
- Built reusable plugins for use in custom webpage builds.
- Implemented and supported styleguide standards and interactive build process through development and design workflow.
- Contributed to API planning and building for reproducible applications.
- Performed code reviews and provided mentoring to Junior developers.
Senior Web Developer
- Developed reusable interactive data-driven user interface components as a part of my research.
- Communicated with teams that were spread across many countries.
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Specialized in data visualizations.
- Wrote tests for all developed code.
- Assisted in project deployment as needed.
Berkman Solutions (via Toptal)
- Created a custom D3 visualization for a central view of an application. The visualization represented a complex organization hierarchy with a diverse rule set.
- Developed the nodes in the chart, which had multiple parents, allowed generation skipping, had arbitrary depth and width of generation, and allowed for relationship inversion.
- Built the chart, which consumed, formatted, and visualized third-party data as well as highlighted and gave details on node relationships while maintaining node context.
- Included a custom node traversal and force direction algorithm in the chart for completing the required layout.
Maven 7 (via Toptal)
- Built a custom data visualization that involved complex animations and mathematical solutions.
- Wrote algorithms for drawing efficient transitions of different geometries with SVG.
- Modified a tool to save SVG files as PNG with custom parameters.
- Improved the code base by merging multiple visualizations into an efficient singular visualization.
- Worked with the team based in Budapest on opposite schedules and delivered consistently.
Membean (via Toptal)
- Modified custom data visualization to specs.
- Designed and presented responsive solutions.
- Developed responsive functionality into existing visualizations.
- Assisted in data visualization design patterns.
- Studied products to understand client needs.
Lead Interactive Developer
1 Point 21 Interactive
- Conceived, designed, developed, and deployed interactive sites, data, and in-house applications.
- Specialized in data-driven interactive graphics.
- Developed and presented product and project ideas. Analyzed data.
- Built in-house applications for improving workflow.
- Taught team members, acting as a resource for all company departments.
- Created loading animations and AJAX for blogs.
- Developed the interface for a custom portal.
- Created data-driven graphs for a business-facing application.
- Developed HTML and Responsive CSS updates.
High Rank Websites
- Played a key role in production, planning, workflow, tech decisions, and company direction.
- Created hand-written WordPress themes.
- Built interactive information graphics.
- Gave presentations and interviews, improved deployment, built new products, introduced site optimization, and implemented features across sites.
- Created reusable interactive WordPress plugins.
- Troubleshot and interviewed potential in-house and freelance developer work.
- Helped the team to efficiently and effectively produce sites at high volume.
- Cut up PSD files to build CMS-powered websites.
- Developed hand-written responsive WordPress themes.
- Edited and updated existing websites.
- Integrated Bootstrap, responsive design, and LESS to production.
- Bought domains and set up databases, WordPress, and FTP users.
- Managed upkeep, planning, and promotion for a terrain park and oversaw their web presence.
- Designed logos, posters, and other assets for promotional events.
- Hired, scheduled, and managed a group of 10 employees.
- Updated/maintained the website, Facebook page, YouTube channel, and Instagram feed.
- Conceived, developed, and ran events and promotions.
Gundealers and Starbuckshttp://admin.1point21interactive.com/coffeeandguns/
My Role: Designed UI/UX, Made icons & assets, Developed the entire page.
Race for MVPhttp://raceformvp.com/
My Role: Designed, developed, and deployed the project solo.
NYC Street Dangershttp://admin.1point21interactive.com/nyc-streets/
People Killed by Policehttp://1point21interactive.com/people-killed/
My Role: UX design and development
Icon Animation for Dan and Dave (via Toptal)
The client settled on an SVG solution which I packaged for their developer to implement seamlessly into the existing site.
College Graduate Estimator
NFL Crimes Interactivehttp://highrankwebsites.com/nfl-crimes-interactive/
Surrano Law WordPresshttp://www.surranoinsurancebadfaith.com/
Tools Used: jQuery, SASS, WordPress, PHP, HTML5 Video, Google Maps API
Panish Law WordPresshttp://psblaw.com
Tools Used: jQuery, SASS, WordPRess, PHP, HTML5 Video, Google Maps API
WordPress Plug-in Use and Information
Tools Used: D3, WordPress, CSS3, PHP, JS, AJAX, SVG, Dimple
Compass, AngularJS, Java Agent DEvelopment (JADE), Angular, Redux, Slim, CodeIgniter
React, Vue, jQuery, D3.js, Moment.js, Underscore.js, Node.js, Chai, Polymer
Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Hammer for Mac, Git, Sublime Text, Gulp, Vagrant, Grunt, Mocha, Browserify, Babel, Webpack
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Programming, Scrum
WordPress, OS X, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Drupal
JSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL, CouchDB
Data Visualization, SVG, Data Cleaning, Data Mining, Data Analysis, Material Design
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
State University of New York at Potsdam - New York