- Senior Web Developer2017 - PRESENT40AU
Technologies: JS, Vue.js, React.js, SCSS, Material Design, Polymer
- Managed projects, including planning, budgeting, design, and development.
- Built a project management application that includes features such as customizable forms, ticketing, and custom workflows.
- Created a branching questionnaire application for use in doctors' offices that allows for doctors to have base decision logic available for appointments.
- Built a survey application that takes third-party data and assists nurses in gathering patient information and calculating a risk score before major surgeries.
- Shared custom code sets and workflow management between projects to create more efficiency throughout the development lifecycle.
- Pixel Perfect, HTML/CSS Expert2018 - 2018Deloitte (via Toptal)
Technologies: JS, Pug, SCSS
- Worked remotely through a Slack channel to communicate needs.
- Built a custom static webpage with easy customization and built process.
- Developed with the goal of a <1-second load time. Optimized assets and loading to accommodate efficiency needs.
- Worked in a tight feedback loop to keep the development budget on track.
- Used custom animations without libraries to build a pixel-perfect, eye-catching product.
- Senior Interactive Developer2017 - 2018Situation Interactive
Technologies: JS, PHP, Vue, SCSS, Angular, WP
- Built custom applications using best technologies for the job.
- Built reusable plugins for use in custom webpage builds.
- Implemented and supported styleguide standards and interactive build process through development and design workflow.
- Contributed to API planning and building for reproducible applications.
- Performed code reviews and provided mentoring to Junior developers.
- Senior Web Developer2016 - 2017UBS
- Developed reusable interactive data-driven user interface components as a part of my research.
- Communicated with teams that were spread across many countries.
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Specialized in data visualizations.
- Wrote tests for all developed code.
- Assisted in project deployment as needed.
- D3 Specialist2016 - 2016Berkman Solutions (via Toptal)
Technologies: D3, JS, SCSS
- Created a custom D3 visualization for a central view of an application. The visualization represented a complex organization hierarchy with a diverse rule set.
- Developed the nodes in the chart, which had multiple parents, allowed generation skipping, had arbitrary depth and width of generation, and allowed for relationship inversion.
- Built the chart, which consumed, formatted, and visualized third-party data as well as highlighted and gave details on node relationships while maintaining node context.
- Included a custom node traversal and force direction algorithm in the chart for completing the required layout.
- D3 Specialist2016 - 2016Maven 7 (via Toptal)
- Built a custom data visualization that involved complex animations and mathematical solutions.
- Wrote algorithms for drawing efficient transitions of different geometries with SVG.
- Modified a tool to save SVG files as PNG with custom parameters.
- Improved the code base by merging multiple visualizations into an efficient singular visualization.
- Worked with the team based in Budapest on opposite schedules and delivered consistently.
- D3 Expert2016 - 2016Membean (via Toptal)
- Modified custom data visualization to specs.
- Designed and presented responsive solutions.
- Developed responsive functionality into existing visualizations.
- Assisted in data visualization design patterns.
- Studied products to understand client needs.
- Lead Interactive Developer2014 - 20161 Point 21 Interactive
Technologies: D3, JS, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, Angular, PHP, MySQL, R, CouchDB
- Conceived, designed, developed, and deployed interactive sites, data, and in-house applications.
- Specialized in data-driven interactive graphics.
- Developed and presented product and project ideas. Analyzed data.
- Built in-house applications for improving workflow.
- Taught team members, acting as a resource for all company departments.
- Front-end Developer2015 - 2015Mindgruve
Technologies: JS, CSS3, HTML5, D3
- Created loading animations and AJAX for blogs.
- Developed the interface for a custom portal.
- Created data-driven graphs for a business-facing application.
- Developed HTML and Responsive CSS updates.
- Web Developer2014 - 2015High Rank Websites
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML, Sass, D3, SVG, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Played a key role in production, planning, workflow, tech decisions, and company direction.
- Created hand-written WordPress themes.
- Built interactive information graphics.
- Gave presentations and interviews, improved deployment, built new products, introduced site optimization, and implemented features across sites.
- Created reusable interactive WordPress plugins.
- Troubleshot and interviewed potential in-house and freelance developer work.
- Web Developer2013 - 2014ePractice Media
Technologies: WordPress, CSS, jQuery, HTML, PHP
- Helped the team to efficiently and effectively produce sites at high volume.
- Cut up PSD files to build CMS-powered websites.
- Developed hand-written responsive WordPress themes.
- Edited and updated existing websites.
- Integrated Bootstrap, responsive design, and LESS to production.
- Bought domains and set up databases, WordPress, and FTP users.
- Park Manager2011 - 2013Titus Mountain
Technologies: Illustrator, Photoshop, HTML, CSS
- Managed upkeep, planning, and promotion for a terrain park and oversaw their web presence.
- Designed logos, posters, and other assets for promotional events.
- Hired, scheduled, and managed a group of 10 employees.
- Updated/maintained the website, Facebook page, YouTube channel, and Instagram feed.
- Conceived, developed, and ran events and promotions.