C++ Developer in Salem, OR, United States
Member since August 24, 2018
Technical Director2018 - PRESENTEnthrall Computing
Technologies: Node.js, React, AWS, DynamoDb, EC2, S3, C#, Xamarin, Auth0, BLE
- Built a cloud and mobile application stack front-to-back using Node.js, React, AWS, and Xamarin.
- Developed Trainean’s Android and iOS apps using a React front-end hosted on AWS via Elastic Beanstalk, an Express web back-end, Auth0 identity management, and a DynamoDB data store.
- Coded Android and iOS apps using Xamarin and C#, which are connected to the back-end via HTTP/REST.
Executive Director2011 - 2018JP Morgan Chase
Technologies: C++03, C++11, Boost 1.6x, CPython 2.x, ZMQ 4.x, Apache Zookeeper, BSD Sockets, Google Protocol Buffers, RHEL 6.x
- Responsible for a distributed systems framework, messaging, and custom database implementations.
- Built a framework for creating distributed systems (i.e., clients and servers) from the ground up. Over 10,000 microservices were deployed to production using this framework.
- Wrote an efficient and highly scalable notification service used by thousands of systems to learn of transactional changes to a custom, in-house object store.
- Managed and mentored a small team of highly experienced developers.
Senior Development Lead2000 - 2010Microsoft
Technologies: C++, C#, WPF, COM, ASP.NET, WIN32
- Led the development team responsible for shipping Sharepoint Mobile in Office 2010, written in ASP.NET and C#.
- Led a five-person development team building the imaging, codec, and graphics platform during Windows 7 development, written in COM and C++.
- Worked on the original WPF team that shipped with Windows Vista, written in C# and C++. I was a subject matter expert on performance analysis of the 2D rendering stack.
- Reviewed all feature designs, implementation plans, code deliverables, and implemented key components.
- Interned on the Visual Foxpro 8.0 and Commerce Server 2002 teams.
- Trainean (Development)http://www.trainean.com
Built an Android and iOS app in Xamarin, available on the App Store and Google Play Store. Built a Node.js back-end using Express.js, DynamoDb, and Auth0. Built a front-end website using React.js, and deployed on AWS using Elastic Beanstalk,
Libraries/APIsProtobuf, Sockets, ZeroMQ, Xamarin.Android, React, Node.js
PlatformsWin32, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bluetooth LE, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Xamarin, AWS EC2
OtherCOM, Distributed Systems, Multithreading, Performance Analysis, Boost.Asio, TCP/IP
FrameworksBoost, Express.js, Django, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Bootstrap 4
ToolsAuth0, Apache ZooKeeper
StorageAWS DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS S3
- Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering1998 - 2002Oregon Institute of Technology - Oregon