Freelance Engineer2015 - PRESENTNerdWallet
Technologies: Python, Flask, Backbone.js
- Develop a front-end app to help employees choose the the best health plan for them and their family.
- Iterate quickly, move fast, and safeguard sensitive logic with thorough unit testing.
Freelance Software Engineer2015 - 2015InstaVest
Technologies: Django, Heroku
- Implemented a security fix to move an encryption key off of GitHub to a secured location.
- Included a procedure to rotate keys which involves migrating data from key A to B, and made sure to cover edge cases that could leave the database in a corrupted state.
Software Engineering Manager2011 - 2013Minted
Technologies: Python, Backbone.js, AWS
- Led the rewrite of the front-end “customizer” app in Python and Backbone.js, producing an immediate +15% in conversion.
- Led multiple product launches and worked closely with multiple engineer and non-engineer teams.
- Co-led the effort to enable daytime deployments and return Thursday evenings to engineers.
Software Engineer2008 - 2010Chegg
Technologies: PHP, jQuery, MySQL
- Built a warehouse system from scratch with PHP, MySQL, and hundreds of barcode scanners. A huge 100+ team used WMS to ship and receive millions of books per year.
- Recommended changes to software and human procedures to triple return throughput.
- Coded load testing and recommended/implemented solutions to meet projected peak volumes.
Software Engineer2008 - 2008Yahoo!
Technologies: Java, YUI
- Added features to the ad publisher's ability to manage their assets.
- Completed a 1-week front-end training course with Juku-lite.
- Recognized for the most bug fixes in Q2.