Principal Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTCiholas, Inc.
Technologies: Agile Software Development, Angular 2+, Flask RESTful, C++, C, Embedded C, Python, Ruby, Rake, Bash, PPAs, GitLab
- Managing the day-to-day software development of the company while continuing to personally develop software.
- Was intimately involved in every step of the design process: conceptual design, research, testing, architectural design, implementation, verification, production, and delivery.
Project Manager2010 - 2017Ciholas, Inc.
- Led the first product line sold directly by Ciholas, Inc. under a licensed software model.
- Developed the UWB application and event management for sports and awards shows reaching 1 billion+ and 24 million+ people respectively.
- Managed ten developers in the second generation custom layer 1 and 2 replacement for ethernet purposed for an intrinsically safe environment.
- Managed the development in Embedded C for the Atmel AVR32 processors, voice codecs, (μ-law, Speex), custom Linux kernel drivers for a custom PCI card, RESTful API and Ruby on Rails front-end, and MySQL database.
Linux System Administrator2005 - 2011Ciholas, Inc.
Technologies: IMAP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SAMBA, SVN, MySQL, Apache 2, Nginx, Ruby on Rails, Asterisk, FreePBX, Shorewall, Firewalls, Routers, Docker, QEMU/KVM, GitLab, Redmine
- Designed and maintained Linux-based servers for email (IMAP, SMTP), DNS, DHCP, file management (Samba), subversion, databases (MySQL), websites (Apache 2, Nginx).
- Designed and completed a new resource management system for tracking inventory, time, and expenses with Ruby on Rails and MySQL.
- Created a new VoIP-based PBX with Asterisk which was integrated with the alarm system, door access system, and infrastructure testing system.
- Built a new firewall and router with Shorewall.
- Created and maintained docker containers.
- Implemented virtual machine management with QEMU/KVM.
- Managed GitLab and Redmine virtual machines.
- Designed, developed, and maintained door entry RFID system.
- Completed a custom HVAC control system for a 3 zone building.
Project Technical Lead2008 - 2010Ciholas, Inc.
Technologies: Embedded C, ARM Processors, CC1100, RFID, RF233, ZigBee, Wifi, Mesh Networks, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Telnet, SSH, Linux Kernel
- Led a group of five developers in the technical design.
- Used Embedded C for ARM processors.
- Worked on custom wireless and wired mesh networking.
- Implemented ethernet networking.
Software Engineer2005 - 2008Ciholas, Inc.
Technologies: Embedded C, AVR8, AT91, RFID, CC1100, Ruby
- Worked on robotics projects for military applications based in embedded C for AVR8 processors.
- Developed a control systems project utilizing magnetic resonance to detect the proximity of people to heavy machinery.
- Worked on the first generation of a safety-tracking network used to help find workers in emergencies with firmware for multiple devices in embedded C for AT91 processors.