Verified Expert in Engineering
Todor has over fifteen years of web development experience, with the past eight years spent mostly on WordPress API, plugins, and themes. Well-versed in Agile, TDD, and CI/CD, Todor understands the importance of good communication, aims for high-quality, documented, and maintainable code, and is comfortable working solo or as part of a team.
Git, MacOS, Sublime Text, PhpStorm
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is re-architecting and migrating a legacy Java application to WordPress to make it more secure, scalable, and performant.
Freelance PHP Developer
Core Sash Windows
- Refactored and brought in shape an existing, part-finished CRM system written in Yii.
- Developed API integrations with SalesForce and Xero.
- Built a mobile app with synchronization capabilities and CRM integration for surveyors.
- Worked on adding REST API endpoints, system automation, back-end improvements for content creators to a WordPress multi-site platform.
- Developed integrations with third-party LMS and other services - Unsplash, Kontiki, Degreed, Go1, and SalesForce.
- Added unit and integration testing. Used PHPUnit and Jenkins CI.
Software Engineer - Contract
- Helped with GDPR compliance effort, which involved developing an in-house solution for handling data requests, export, and deletion across the RELX network of sites.
- Converted an old Java and Oracle app to WordPress, including pay-wall, migration of data, improved UI for members, and API endpoints allowing existing data-entry facilities to continue working.
- Developed multiple Gutenberg blocks, both native and using ACF.
- Developed custom themes and plugins, participated in handling support requests.
- Worked on the unit and integration testing to a WordPress multi-site platform. Used PHPUnit and Jenkins CI.
- Took part in developing a WordPress REST API-based mobile apps platform.
- Developed client sites hosted on WordPress multi-site.
I was the sole developer assigned to the project while I was at RBI (LexisNexis). There were multiple little things I had to find a solution for while working on this, like an Outlook-like view of a record's details view, preventing concurrent logins to the same user account, user record creation, and synchronization of changes using the REST API. I was also in constant contact with the product owner and their design team.
WordPress API, WordPress REST API, jQuery, React
Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Git, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Jira, Postman, Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub, Sublime Text, PhpStorm
WordPress, WooCommerce, Linux, MacOS, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
WordPress Plugins, Migration, WordPress Multisite, Agile Sprints, WordPress Themes, User Experience (UX)
Test-driven Development (TDD), Scrum