- Senior Manager, EngineeringYellowpages.com2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java, Spring
- Created an Ad Serving Federation server supporting 100+ requests per second.
- Created an A/B test framework for landing page optimization.
- Developed reporting tools using Hive and Elasticsearch.
- Co-founderSurflux, LLC2000 - PRESENT
- Managed all technical aspects for a network of websites in the travel industry.
- Created WordPress plugins.
- Handled SEO, social media marketing, and search engine marketing.
- Worked on various small projects for a variety of clients.
- Contractor via New Iron GroupAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.2007 - 2009
Technologies: Java, JBoss, JUnit, Ant
- Worked on the Agent Enhanced Manufacturing Scheduling Initiative.
- Added features and migrated existing product to a JBoss server from a proprietary infrastructure.
- Contributed to the implementation of a real-time scheduling system for a semiconductor manufacturing factory floor.
- Co-Founder, Chief ScientistNew Iron Group2000 - 2009
Technologies: Java, XML, XSLT
- Researched technologies and evaluated competitors’ offerings.
- Developed prototypes.
- Participated in architecture, design, and implementation of a web service-based middleware product.
- Provided integration and support services to clients.
- Created and executed technical interview process.
- Contractor via New Iron GroupAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.2006 - 2007
Technologies: Java, TCL
- Developed the Catalyst project, a recipe management system for advanced process control in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Architected and implemented a logging framework.
- Made several feature enhancements.
- Contractor via New Iron GroupGeneral Motors/OnStar2003 - 2003
Technologies: Java, Apache Axis, JMS, WebLogic
- Architected and developed advanced automatic crash notification software, a high availability system to provide 911 dispatchers detailed information about crash information.
- Developed using extreme programming process.
- Contractor via New Iron GroupAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.2002 - 2002
- Contributed to a project to convert AMD’s agent enhanced manufacturing scheduling Initiative from a proprietary middleware platform to New Iron Systems’ Foundry product that was a mission-critical, highly-dynamic, scheduling system based on distributing events from the factory floor to do real-time scheduling.
- Contractor via New Iron GroupGeneral Motors/OnStar2001 - 2001
Technologies: Java, WebLogic Application Server, EJB, JMS, JDBC, XML
- Member of team that architected, designed and implemented replacement for the OnStar Personal Calling System.
- User facing application that interacted with: vehicle communications system, wireless service provider, credit card authorization system, tax systems and Oracle database to do provisioning of vehicles.
- Contractor (via ObjectSpace)General Motors/OnStar2000 - 2000
Technologies: Java, Voyager ORB, CORBA
- Worked as a member of the enterprise architecture team.
- Developed a Java-based mission-critical, enterprise-wide distributed framework.
- Designed using UML, working closely with the client to gather requirement and get feedback while implementing new framework features.
- Mentored clients in distributed development.
- Analyzed and improved scalability, reliability, and robustness.
- Led two developers.
- Contractor (via ObjectSpace)Galileo International1999 - 2000
Technologies: Java, HTTP, XML
- Architected, designed, and implemented a Java and XML solution for connecting two-way pagers to travel reservation website.
- Developed over-the-air protocol using UML and Java, which involved the full life-cycle of development from gathering of requirements to user acceptance .
- Took existing WAP-based service and created SMTP to XML/HTTP adapter and JSP/Servlet based-server code to allow for non-WAP devices to connect.
- Senior Infrastructure SpecialistObjectSpace, Inc.1996 - 2000
Technologies: Java, C++
- Architected solutions, developed proposals, interviewed candidates, developed demonstrations for clients, and led discussions of advanced technical topics.
- Contractor (via ObjectSpace)Omron Corp.1999 - 1999
- Worked as lead developer for an embedded real-time server product in Java with an extremely small footprint.
- Took the product from initial requirements gathering phase all the way to final acceptance by the customer.
- Developed features include a small footprint, pluggable scheduler, and priority model.
- Contractor via ObjectSpaceEnron Corp.1998 - 1999
Technologies: Java, XML, Oracle, SQL
- Designed and implemented persistence layer using UML to decouple a DCOM C++ system from the database layer.
- Developed automated test framework using Java/XML.
- Contractor via ObjectSpaceA Worldwide Consulting Company1998 - 1998
Technologies: C++, SQL, VisualBasic
- Developing a distributed personnel system.
- Implemented major performance improvements and functionality enhancements.
- Used C++, VisualBasic, SQL, and Fusion methodology.
- Contractor via ObjectSpacePeapod.com1997 - 1998
- Worked as technical lead for a grocery shopping website.
- Architected and developed using Fusion methodology.
- Contractor via ObjectSpaceAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.1997 - 1997
Technologies: C++, SQL, Oracle
- Developed a database interface for a factory production scheduling system.
- Used C++, SQL, Oracle, and Fusion methodology.
- Contractor via ObjectSpaceMotorola, Inc.1996 - 1997
- Led development using Fusion methodology on a project to develop dynamic channel allocation algorithms and related testing framework.
- Senior DeveloperMotorola, Inc.1996 - 1996
- Designed and implemented software using Fusion methodology and C++ for over-the-air messaging in one-way and two-way paging systems.
- Technical LeadSkyTel Communications, Inc.1995 - 1996
Technologies: Forte4GL, C++
- Designed and implemented workflow process manager using Forte 4GL.
- Designed and implemented distributed-order processing and billing system.
- Technical LeadCanmax Retail Systems, Inc.1990 - 1995
Technologies: C, C++
- Worked as lead developer for point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Developed drivers and libraries for peripherals, supporting devices such as printers, magnetic stripe readers, touch screens, and scanners.