Senior Manager, Engineering2013 - PRESENTYellowpages.com
Technologies: Spring, Java
- Created an Ad Serving Federation server supporting 100+ requests per second.
- Created an A/B test framework for landing page optimization.
- Developed reporting tools using Hive and Elasticsearch.
Co-founder2000 - PRESENTSurflux, LLC
- Managed all technical aspects for a network of websites in the travel industry.
- Created WordPress plugins.
- Handled SEO, social media marketing, and search engine marketing.
- Worked on various small projects for a variety of clients.
Contractor via New Iron Group2007 - 2009Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Technologies: Ant, JUnit, JBoss, Java
- Worked on the Agent Enhanced Manufacturing Scheduling Initiative.
- Added features and migrated existing product to a JBoss server from a proprietary infrastructure.
- Contributed to the implementation of a real-time scheduling system for a semiconductor manufacturing factory floor.
Co-Founder, Chief Scientist2000 - 2009New Iron Group
Technologies: XSLT, XML, Java
- Researched technologies and evaluated competitors’ offerings.
- Developed prototypes.
- Participated in architecture, design, and implementation of a web service-based middleware product.
- Provided integration and support services to clients.
- Created and executed technical interview process.
Contractor via New Iron Group2006 - 2007Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Technologies: Tcl, Java
- Developed the Catalyst project, a recipe management system for advanced process control in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Architected and implemented a logging framework.
- Made several feature enhancements.
Contractor via New Iron Group2003 - 2003General Motors/OnStar
Technologies: WebLogic, JMS, Apache Axis, Java
- Architected and developed advanced automatic crash notification software, a high availability system to provide 911 dispatchers detailed information about crash information.
- Developed using extreme programming process.
Contractor via New Iron Group2002 - 2002Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Contributed to a project to convert AMD’s agent enhanced manufacturing scheduling Initiative from a proprietary middleware platform to New Iron Systems’ Foundry product that was a mission-critical, highly-dynamic, scheduling system based on distributing events from the factory floor to do real-time scheduling.
Contractor via New Iron Group2001 - 2001General Motors/OnStar
Technologies: XML, JDBC, JMS, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Oracle WebLogic Application Server, Java
- Member of team that architected, designed and implemented replacement for the OnStar Personal Calling System.
- User facing application that interacted with: vehicle communications system, wireless service provider, credit card authorization system, tax systems and Oracle database to do provisioning of vehicles.
Contractor (via ObjectSpace)2000 - 2000General Motors/OnStar
Technologies: Laravel Voyager, CORBA, Java
- Worked as a member of the enterprise architecture team.
- Developed a Java-based mission-critical, enterprise-wide distributed framework.
- Designed using UML, working closely with the client to gather requirement and get feedback while implementing new framework features.
- Mentored clients in distributed development.
- Analyzed and improved scalability, reliability, and robustness.
- Led two developers.
Contractor (via ObjectSpace)1999 - 2000Galileo International
Technologies: XML, HTTP, Java
- Architected, designed, and implemented a Java and XML solution for connecting two-way pagers to travel reservation website.
- Developed over-the-air protocol using UML and Java, which involved the full life-cycle of development from gathering of requirements to user acceptance .
- Took existing WAP-based service and created SMTP to XML/HTTP adapter and JSP/Servlet based-server code to allow for non-WAP devices to connect.
Senior Infrastructure Specialist1996 - 2000ObjectSpace, Inc.
Technologies: C++, Java
- Architected solutions, developed proposals, interviewed candidates, developed demonstrations for clients, and led discussions of advanced technical topics.
Contractor (via ObjectSpace)1999 - 1999Omron Corp.
- Worked as lead developer for an embedded real-time server product in Java with an extremely small footprint.
- Took the product from initial requirements gathering phase all the way to final acceptance by the customer.
- Developed features include a small footprint, pluggable scheduler, and priority model.
Contractor via ObjectSpace1998 - 1999Enron Corp.
Technologies: SQL, Oracle, XML, Java
- Designed and implemented persistence layer using UML to decouple a DCOM C++ system from the database layer.
- Developed automated test framework using Java/XML.
Contractor via ObjectSpace1998 - 1998A Worldwide Consulting Company
Technologies: Visual Basic, SQL, C++
- Developing a distributed personnel system.
- Implemented major performance improvements and functionality enhancements.
- Used C++, VisualBasic, SQL, and Fusion methodology.
Contractor via ObjectSpace1997 - 1998Peapod.com
- Worked as technical lead for a grocery shopping website.
- Architected and developed using Fusion methodology.
Contractor via ObjectSpace1997 - 1997Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Technologies: Oracle, SQL, C++
- Developed a database interface for a factory production scheduling system.
- Used C++, SQL, Oracle, and Fusion methodology.
Contractor via ObjectSpace1996 - 1997Motorola, Inc.
- Led development using Fusion methodology on a project to develop dynamic channel allocation algorithms and related testing framework.
Senior Developer1996 - 1996Motorola, Inc.
- Designed and implemented software using Fusion methodology and C++ for over-the-air messaging in one-way and two-way paging systems.
Technical Lead1995 - 1996SkyTel Communications, Inc.
- Designed and implemented workflow process manager using Forte 4GL.
- Designed and implemented distributed-order processing and billing system.
Technical Lead1990 - 1995Canmax Retail Systems, Inc.
Technologies: C++, C
- Worked as lead developer for point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Developed drivers and libraries for peripherals, supporting devices such as printers, magnetic stripe readers, touch screens, and scanners.