Verified Expert in Engineering
Tolga is a seasoned developer who built his own game —Remnants of Naezith— in three years. This game works on multiple platforms such as Nintendo Switch, macOS, Windows, Linux, and was published on Steam. This allowed Tolga to master C++ since the project was built without a game engine. His most vital skills currently lay in the C++ area, but he's pretty handy with SQL and Node.js, as well. All in all, Tolga is a code perfectionist who always ensures that he meets project deadlines.
Node.js, React, C++
The most amazing...
...project I've finished is my solo-developed game, Remnants of Naezith, published on Nintendo Switch and Steam for Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms.
Senior C++ Developer | MERN Stack Blockchain Developer
- Made the entire Antara Smart Chain Composer using the platform's tech, React, Node.js, MongoDB, AWS, and more.
- Made the Antara Gaming SDK using the platform's tech, C++, SFML, and more, together with a partner.
- Built the AtomicDEX Pro desktop wallet application using the platform's tech and Qt, together with a partner.
- Learned the required new tech for new projects at a very fast pace.
- Took heavy responsibility and completed projects alone or with a single partner.
Red Disk Games
- Developed a 2D game prototype in GameMaker Studio.
- Ported the project and immediately adapted it to new technologies after the company decided to switch from GameMaker Studio 2D graphics to Unity and 3D graphics.
- Coded the gameplay aspect of the game, including combat and movement mechanics, AI, and more.
- Collaborated closely with the game designer and graphic artists.
- Helped the game's team to publish the product on Steam.
Solo Game Developer
Remnants of Naezith
- Solely developed, managed, and published the Remnants of Naezith game and its related websites. Coded the game with C++ and SFML only; sans a game engine.
- Self-published the game, which has gained strong and overwhelmingly positive reviews (97%) and pushed to keep the game's quality at its highest without the need of a post-release big bug fix patch.
- Implemented a level editor that allows players to make their custom levels. Made a custom level section to support levels made by the community with a rating system and leaderboards functionalities.
- Made a React and Node.js site—Hub.naezith.com—that shows players, levels, leaderboards, and world records used and appreciated by the community. Built a Discord bot that syncs in-game ranks as Discord roles and reports world records to chat channels.
- Coded the game to be cross-platform—supporting Windows, macOS, and Linux—, adding a wide range of controller support on all platforms in a way that all players can compete in the same leaderboards.
- Optimized the game so that it ran smoothly at the highest graphics on a low-end laptop. Added a speedrun mode that lets players play the whole game without any UI interruption.
- Developed a replay system that lets players watch the gameplay of all other players (any level) on the leaderboard and implemented highly detailed leaderboards and global rankings where players are constantly competing on.
- Implemented a replay validator that constantly checks if all the top entries are perfectly recorded without any glitch or cheat. Coded an incredibly strong anti-cheating system that prevents any cheater from entering the leaderboards.
- Managed a team of freelance artists, musicians, testers, and level designers. Collaborated closely with a ~300 player closed-beta community within a feedback loop of 3.5 years.
- Maintained the development log and did the marketing of the game on Twitter, Reddit, and TIGSource forums. Presented the game in gaming conventions in Istanbul and Berlin and participated in many interviews.
Game Developer Intern
- Implemented new features for the powerful game development platform—CRYENGINE.
- Developed a project that implemented Vessel Dynamics for the engine.
- Made 2D and 3D ship simulation projects for experiments.
- Coded a top-down entity control system that works like a strategy game.
- Tested and experimented with virtual reality (VR).
Software Engineer Intern | Student Assistant
Yildiz Technical University
- Learned how to use NVIDIA CUDA promptly and used it efficiently on 2D image data.
- Managed a team and developed an image processing toolset with C++ and NVIDIA CUDA.
- Programmed four image processing algorithms for the project.
- Created a controller with a camera for AR Drone 2.0 using its C++ API.
- Developed a program for voice recognition with Java.
- Helped an assistant professor on his projects by making him a website.
Remnants of Naezithhttps://store.steampowered.com/app/590590
Rush through levels and swing around obstacles, improve your skills to climb the leaderboards, or even create your own levels. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination during gameplay.
It was developed with C++ and SFML on the client-side and Express Node.js and MySQL on the server-side.
AtomicDEX Pro Desktop Wallethttps://atomicdex.io/
I made the front-end GUI with Qt/QML while my partner made the back-end API.
Antara Smart Chain Composer
Antara Gaming SDKhttps://github.com/KomodoPlatform/antara-gaming-sdk
The main goal was to have a game engine that also had a blockchain database, for example, a leaderboard. I developed it with a partner. We used EnTT, SFML, Box2D, ImGui, Lua, and more. I made a 3D demo with 2D rendering. https://youtu.be/k1vNYGzpHZ8
The game uses C# and Unity.
The game uses React and Node.js.
Express.js, Unity, Unreal Engine 4, Qt, Electron
SFML, Standard Template Library (STL), React, Node.js, Web API
GitHub Pages, Git, Code::Blocks, Xcode, GameMaker Studio, GitHub, Jira, Microsoft Visual Studio
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Generic Programming, Functional Programming, Procedural Programming
MacOS, Blockchain, Linux, Steam, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows
Front-end, RESTful Web Services, Optimization, Gameplay Development, Cross-platform App Development, Computer Engineering, Full-stack, Security, Physics Simulations, Web Development, Speech Recognition, Discord Bots, Game Physics, Game Development, Game Design
MongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Yildiz Technical University - Istanbul, Turkey
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring