Technical Project Manager2022 - PRESENTWoven Planet Holdings, Inc. - Woven IT (USA)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Architecture, AWS Cloud Architecture
- Managed a team of engineers working on the remediation of inherited AWS resources that enabled company-wide access to remediated infrastructure for collaborative research and development.
- Produced project roadmaps for large-scale office moves involving complex technical equipment.
- Coordinated the transfer of contracts and assets acquired through M&A.
DevOps Engineer2020 - 2022Minertoken
Technologies: Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Amazon Cognito, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Amplify, Bitcoind, Bitcoin, Ethereum, ERC-20, Node.js
- Created an event-driven payment gateway that allowed customers to swap bitcoin for a custom ERC20 token.
- Secured internal development tools and applications using zero-trust networking, eliminating the need for a VPN.
- Migrated back-end APIs from AWS Amplify to the Serverless Framework.
AWS Integration Engineer2019 - 2019Scalyr, Inc
Technologies: AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Python 2
- Developed an event-driven log shipper that shipped CloudWatch logs to Scalyr's platform, allowing Scalyr's customers to manage their logs in one location.
- Created a Terraform module that deployed an ECS cluster to benchmark log ingestion using an open-source log generator.
- Authored a CloudFormation stack and Lambda function that automatically subscribed CloudWatch log groups to the custom log shipper.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer2015 - 2017Vision Critical
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Ruby, Hashistack, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Chef, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, VMware
- Designed and implemented a custom multi-region disaster recovery system which removed costs from third-party software vendors and reduced restoration time.
- Operated a large (500+) multi-region, multi-environment fleet of EC2 instances and associated support services.
- Acted as the go-to person to resolve urgent production-impacting infrastructure problems.
- Engaged as the infrastructure point-of-contact for SOC 2 security review.
- Worked with development and deployment teams to create tooling around application delivery.
- Decreased the monthly operating cost significantly by optimizing resource sizes and utilization and implementing an automated resource lifecycle.
Systems Engineer2010 - 2015iiNet
Technologies: UCCX, Cisco, BIND, Varnish, Exim4, Dovecot, Sendmail, Apache, Solaris, Linux
- Upgraded service provider mail platforms to keep the business in line with the latest mail and webmail technologies.
- Developed a custom quality management system for the corporate support center using open-source software.
- Upgraded the Cisco telephony system while working closely with Cisco technicians.
- Designed and developed a new telephony IVR that provided more efficient customer interaction through the support center.
- Wrote a custom monitoring solution for wireless customers that provided a visual metrics interface using SNMP counters.
Team Leader2007 - 2010Adam Internet
Technologies: Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Workforce Management, Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Quality Management, UCCX, Cisco
- Managed the service provisioning, customer retention, complaints, and spam/abuse teams.
- Implemented a customer feedback system to improve customer interaction and reduce complaints.
- Performed a presentation at the Industry Ombudsman headquarters in Melbourne to educate and inform on service provider obligations and service level agreements.