Director2017 - PRESENTTeppen Services Inc
Technologies: Node.js, Python, AWS Lambda, API Gateways, AWS S3, AWS Fargate, ECS, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon Cognito, Docker
- Designed and built AWS Lambda-backed APIs to support various SaaS products.
- Created CI/CD pipelines using Docker and BitbucketPipelines to provide continuous delivery for microservices built upon AWS Lambda.
- Authored Terraform modules to migrate a legacy monolithic application into AWS ECS.
- Reduced time-to-deploy by optimizing Docker image sizes using multi-stage builds.
- Used AWS SAM to build, test and deploy Serverless resources in a CI/CD pipeline.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer2015 - 2017Vision Critical
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Ruby, Hashistack, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Chef, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, VMware, AWS
- Designed and implemented a custom multi-region disaster recovery system which removed costs from third-party software vendors and reduced restoration time.
- Operated a large (500+) multi-region, multi-environment fleet of EC2 instances and associated support services.
- Go-to person to resolve urgent production-impacting infrastructure problems.
- Infrastructure point-of-contact for SOC-2 security review.
- Worked with development and deployment teams to create tooling around application delivery.
- Significantly cut monthly operating cost by optimizing resource sizes and utilization and implementing an automated resource lifecycle.
Systems Engineer2010 - 2015iiNet
Technologies: UCCX, Cisco, BIND, Varnish, Exim4, Dovecot, Sendmail, Apache, Solaris, Linux
- Upgraded service provider mail platforms to keep the business inline with the latest mail and webmail technologies.
- Developed a custom Quality Management system for the Corporate Support Centre using open-source software.
- Upgraded the Cisco Telephony System while working closely with Cisco technicians.
- Designed and developed a new Telephony IVR that provided more efficient customer interaction through the Support Centre.
- Wrote a custom monitoring solution for wireless customers that provided a visual metrics interface using SNMP counters.
Team Leader2007 - 2010Adam Internet
Technologies: Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Workforce Management, Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Quality Management, UCCX, Cisco
- Managed teams of 5-10 people.
- Implemented a customer feedback system to improve customer interaction and reduce complaints.
- Provided technical training to staff on internal systems.
- Updated the Cisco UCCX IVR to create a more fluid user experience for customers.
- Managed the Cisco CUCM and UCCX phone system.