Full-Stack Developer2020 - 2021Endeavor
Technologies: React, Node.js, APIs
- Researched and presented multiple potential solutions for video conferencing integration. Compared technical and product needs in light of budgeting and time for development.
- Wrote a build plan to incorporate video conferencing integration into multiple product offerings.
- Contributed to the development of new features across several different new product offerings.
Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Toptal Client — Financial Services
Technologies: Material 2, Node.js, React
- Quickly updated priorities to match rapidly-iterating business requirements. The client made three major pivots in two months.
- Onboarded three client developers to the team as project requirements increased.
- Juggled responsibilities between two front-ends and one back-end application.
Back-end Developer2020 - 2020Peer Collective
Technologies: RSpec, Ruby on Rails API
- Single-handled planning, building, testing, and deployment for the client's first back end platform.
- Developed an algorithm to match users to mental health counselors based on users' unique needs and preferences.
- Collaborated with the front-end developer to design an intuitive and robust API.
- Designed a new database structure for the client's first independent application.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Church Community Builder
Technologies: SQL, PHP, React
- Planned and developed the client's first third-party integration. The integration allowed users to order background checks without leaving the client's site.
- Designed and built a third-party integration that generated $60,000 in revenue from 200 customers in the first 90 days.
- Designed, built, and tested new tables and API endpoints for integration. Updated the structure to accommodate three major strategic pivots.
- Taught modern React practices to the client's developers, leading to a cleaner, more efficient codebase.
- Onboarded new clients to developers to projects during team re-structuring.
Full-stack Developer II2018 - 2019Wayfair
Technologies: PHP, SQL, GraphQL, React
- Overhauled legacy pages, from server-side-render to lazy-load through GraphQL endpoints.
- Took initiative to lead engineering meetings after the departure of the manager.
- Designed and implemented a new development process to accommodate a team owning six independent features.
- Expanded test suite to cover long-standing unsupported features.
- Designed, planned, and built the team's first GraphQL endpoints to improve API performance.
Full-Stack Developer2018 - 2018Macroplant
Technologies: SQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Ember.js
- Connected application's error-reporting to Sentry error-tracking platform.
- Overhauled internal error handling.
- Expanded integration with Stripe payment processing.
- Refactored legacy code for performance and maintainability.
Full-Stack Web Developer2016 - 2017Jebbit
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Ember.js
- Built prototype of company's current primary product. CEO gave me his ideas for a comprehensive data dashboard, I designed and built an MVP. Customer reaction was positive, so it was developed into a full product.
- Led the Solutions Engineering team, working directly with Customer Success department and clients.
- Researched and incorporated new frameworks into Jebbit platform, like Addepar Ember Charts. Overwrote third-party source code to fit design requirements.
- Added structure to a young, small engineering team. i.e. Sprint planning, ticket writing, splitting team into dedicated groups.
- Designed interview process, led hiring for a solutions engineer opening. Hired exceptionally-qualified candidate.
- Integrated company data with external platforms like Salesforce, Google Ads, and HubSpot.