WordPress Engineer2016 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, MySQL, WordPress API, REST, AWS Lambda, AWS
- Worked with various clients from multiple industries. Planned, delivered, and managed custom solutions powered by WordPress.
- Improved project management, development processes, and introduced industry-standard CI and CD tooling for reliable delivery to sites with 3k+ daily visitors.
- Used a diverse set of technologies to accomplish clients' goals. Leveraged modern tools such as AWS Lambda and DynamoDB for automating tasks so that a client can focus on what's most important for them – the business side of things.
- Oversaw performance audits and improvements related to usability and accessibility of websites.
- Kept code quality high and in compliance with the latest guidelines such as WordPress coding standards.
- Optimized database queries and leveraged caching and best practices such as above-the-fold code for the maximum site performance score.
Principal WordPress Engineer2016 - 2020The Theme Foundry
Technologies: WordPress, WordPress API, PHP, MySQL, Backbone.js, React
- Was a part of the small team working on popular WordPress products – Make (WP theme) and Happyforms (WP contact form plugin).
- Worked in delivery cycles of three-six weeks. Oversaw the completion of deliverables and owned epics every release cycle.
- Was responsible for planning, developing, testing, and releasing products. Collaborated closely with the product owner on technical shaping of features.
- Maintained and supported products of more than 100,000 customers combined.
- Guided fellow team members when stuck and brainstormed solutions either asynchronously or synchronously depending on the complexity of the issue.
- Followed the newest trends and tools in the industry to keep products up to date and in line with the current guidelines and philosophy of the WordPress community.
- Led initiatives and projects to improve the product in general, help reshape our workflow to be more efficient, and automating the way products were released and maintained.
Senior Web Developer2014 - 2016Tribal DDB London
- Oversaw and was responsible for the local front-end development team in Slovakia; led daily standups, reporting directly to the product manager.
- Reviewed code of senior front-end engineers. Deployed using Jenkins build scripts.
- Trained new team members to keep up with the momentum of the team and making sure they are getting familiar with the Agile workflow.
- Participated in the Volkswagen UK redesign project where I held a front-end architect role.
- Managed a team of five senior developers on a daily basis.
Developer2008 - 2016Freelance Work
- Worked for various clients including lead real estate agencies in the Midwest US.
- Developed complex solutions on both the back-end and front-end side, mostly WordPress.
- Custom-developed for WordPress (themes, plugins) for years. Followed the newest WordPress standards. Worked with WordPress since version 2.0.
- Gained and used my extended knowledge of back-end technologies PHP, SQL, and Node.js.
Web Developer2011 - 2012Perform GROUP
- Participated in the development of a new site builder for Perform GROUP, a UK-based digital media company.
- Worked closely with the back-end developers to ensure successful integration and delivery.
- Worked in compliance with Agile Scrum methodology. Gave induction training to new team members.