Ruby on Rails Developer
Tomasz is a person who doesn't see boundaries in what can and can't be done with software. He believes that programming is a way of thinking and a way of life.
RubyMine, Vim Text Editor, Git, Linux, OS X, Unix
The most amazing...
...achievement for me was live coding a Twitter news reader in Ruby during a Hackathon.
- Maintaining a large Ruby on Rails project
Zdunek Sp. z o.o.
- Developed an internal CRM system to manage customer flow and car park.
- Written originally in PHP using Codeigniter and MySQL, rewrote in 2010 to use Ruby, Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Extended the system to monitor tasks and sales reports of sales persons.
- Rewrote an old site written in Perl to Ruby using Ruby on Rails as a framework and MySQL as a database.
- Wrote import scripts to get data from a remote database server and parse them into a new structure and import.
- Created Rentlytics, a property managament tool written in Ruby and using Ruby on Rails as a framework.
- Set up a production and staging environment: server + deployment (Nginx, Unicorn, Chef).
- Optimized SQL queries.
Allied Newspapers Limited
- Completely redesigned and rewrote timesofmalta.com.
- Implemented the whole front-end and designed new site UI/UX.
- Set up the production environment for the site - 2 separate machines as MySQL servers + machine for web server, Memcache and Sphinx.
- Implemented advance caching techniques to improve site load time.
- Designed and developed a mobile version of the site: m.timesofmalta.com using jQuery Mobile.
- Developed first draft of an iOS app (iPhone/iPad).
- Rewrote http://turystyka.org.pl/ - written in PHP, based on CakePHP framework.
Trojmiasto.pl Sp. z o.o.
- Worked on large codebase and multiple sub projects written in an internal PHP framework.
- Extended the framework with new functionality, fixing bugs
- Rewrote PHP4 code to PHP5.
Gratka.pl sp. z o.o.
- Worked on complete rewrite of http://turystyka.gratka.pl/.
- Implemented API system to cooperate with external touristic service http://www.easygo.pl/.
Times Of Maltahttp://www.timesofmalta.com/
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, ZURB Foundation, Sinatra, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, minitest
RubyMine, Adobe Photoshop, RSpec, Capistrano, Adobe Lightroom, Vim Text Editor, Sublime Text, Subversion (SVN), Git, Xcode, Blender, NGINX
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Plain Old Ruby Object (PORO), Pair Programming, Agile Software Development
MacOS, Unix, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android
jQuery, Google AdWords, jQuery Mobile, Rack, Google API, Facebook API, Twitter API
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, MongoDB, NoSQL, Sphinx Search Engine
Masters Degree in Internet management
Gdańsk Management Colleague - Gdańsk