Ruby on Rails Developer in Poland
Developer2013 - PRESENTAgreeYa Mobility
- Maintaining a large Ruby on Rails project
Developer2007 - PRESENTZdunek Sp. z o.o.
- Developed an internal CRM system to manage customer flow and car park.
- Written originally in PHP using Codeigniter and MySQL, rewrote in 2010 to use Ruby, Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Extended the system to monitor tasks and sales reports of sales persons.
Developer2011 - 2013Polcode
- Rewrote an old site written in Perl to Ruby using Ruby on Rails as a framework and MySQL as a database.
- Wrote import scripts to get data from a remote database server and parse them into a new structure and import.
- Created Rentlytics, a property managament tool written in Ruby and using Ruby on Rails as a framework.
- Set up a production and staging environment: server + deployment (Nginx, Unicorn, Chef).
- Optimized SQL queries.
Developer2009 - 2011Allied Newspapers Limited
Technologies: PHP, HTML, CSS
- Completely redesigned and rewrote timesofmalta.com.
- Implemented the whole front-end and designed new site UI/UX.
- Set up the production environment for the site - 2 separate machines as MySQL servers + machine for web server, Memcache and Sphinx.
- Implemented advance caching techniques to improve site load time.
- Designed and developed a mobile version of the site: m.timesofmalta.com using jQuery Mobile.
- Developed first draft of an iOS app (iPhone/iPad).
Developer2007 - 2009T&C Polska
- Rewrote http://turystyka.org.pl/ - written in PHP, based on CakePHP framework.
Developer2006 - 2007Trojmiasto.pl Sp. z o.o.
- Worked on large codebase and multiple sub projects written in an internal PHP framework.
- Extended the framework with new functionality, fixing bugs
- Rewrote PHP4 code to PHP5.
Developer2005 - 2006Gratka.pl sp. z o.o.
- Worked on complete rewrite of http://turystyka.gratka.pl/.
- Implemented API system to cooperate with external touristic service http://www.easygo.pl/.
- Trademark Safeguard (Development)
Ruby site, based on Ruby on Rails framework and MySQL database. Work included setting up server, writing import scripts, setting up cron jobs.
- Rentalytics (Development)http://www.rentlytics.com/
Property management tool. Written in Ruby, using Ruby on Rails framework and PostgreSQL database. Job included initial setup of servers and importing data from several sites (Facebook, Twitter).
- Nothotel (Development)
- Times Of Malta (Development)http://www.timesofmalta.com/
Redesigned the biggest Maltease news site. This involved designing the whole UI/UX from scratch, getting data from old DB structure into the new structure, writing DB scripts, and setting up server environment.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, ZURB Foundation, Sinatra, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, minitest
ToolsRubyMine, Adobe Photoshop, RSpec, Capistrano, Adobe Lightroom, Vim Text Editor, Sublime Text, Subversion (SVN), Git, Xcode, Blender, Nginx
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Plain Old Ruby Object (PORO), Pair Programming, Agile Software Development
PlatformsMacOS, Linux, iOS, Android
Libraries/APIsjQuery, Google AdWords, jQuery Mobile, Rack, Google API, Facebook API, Twitter API
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, MongoDB, NoSQL, Sphinx Search Engine
- Masters degree in Internet management2000 - 2005Gdańsk Management Colleague - Gdańsk