Java Developer in Mexico City, Mexico
Member since July 30, 2015
Tomasz is a Software Developer with a broad range of professional experience and a background in Computational Physics and Science. He is proficient in Java, native Android app development, numerical simulations, and data analysis. Tomasz is always interested in learning state of the art technologies, and has a passion for algorithms, data structures, and the functional programming paradigm (Haskell and Clojure).
Java Developer2014 - 2014MBC Ingeniería
Technologies: Java, Android, OpenGL ES
- Designed and developed an Android app for real-time monitoring of oil wells.
- Implemented communication between mobile front-end and back-end services via WebSocket protocol.
- Created a 3D visualization and animation with OpenGL ES framework.
- Solved various system integration tasks in a project.
- Implemented user interface with native GUI views.
Java Developer2013 - 2013Grupo Sellcom
Technologies: Java, Android, SOAP Web Services
- Supervised the development of an Android project.
- Developed a sales application used by field merchandisers and supervisors.
- Implemented the communication of a mobile client with SOAP Web services.
- Participated in technical interviews and training of new staff.
- Consulted on mobile development.
Java Developer2012 - 2012Mobiik
Technologies: Java, Android, Git
- Supported a previously developed application.
- Worked on troubleshooting production issues.
- Fixed bugs to enhance product reliability.
- Made adjustments to UI as necessary to meet client requirements.
- Worked with the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform.
- Worked on automated software tests.
- Used agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Worked on a team of 10 developers.
- Deployed software to different environments (development, test, and production).
Analyst and Developer2011 - 2012Storecheck
Technologies: Java, Android
- Created an Android application for data entry used by field auditors.
- Implemented GPS functionality in a mobile app.
- Worked with REST API.
- Developed a CRUD back-end with Java Server Pages.
- Learned and worked with MySQL.
Ph.D. student in Geophysics2008 - 2009University of Barcelona
- Worked on field deployment and remote monitoring of seismometers for collection of seismic data of snow avalanches.
- Performed statistical analysis of the retrieved experimental data.
- Presented results at a conference.
- Used MATLAB technical computing language and interactive environment for data visualization and analysis.
- Worked on the design, integration, and testing of scientific field equipment.
Localization Engineer2007 - 2008LocalVersion
- Did localization engineering and quality control of the Google SketchUp desktop application in four languages.
- Performed product testing.
- Provided technical support for translators.
- Performed technical translations from English to Polish.
- Performed a linguistic assessment of the Polish language version of the application.
- Used the Trados computer-assisted translation software suite.
Graduate Research Assistant2000 - 2004Desert Research Institute
Technologies: Fortran, Interactive Data Language (IDL)
- Worked on the implementation of new algorithms for numerical simulation of atmospheric physical processes in legacy Fortran code.
- Ported code from Fortran to Interactive Data Language (IDL).
- Performed data processing for my Master's Thesis (Thermodynamic Analysis of Marine Boundary Layer Stratocumulus).
- Collaborated with various research institutes.
- Participated in academic conferences and seminars.
- 3D Data Visualization (Development)
Real-time three-dimensional data visualization with OpenGL ES in an Android app.
- Web Browser Automation with Selenium (Development)
Enhanced UI on a social site through web browser automation using a Selenium software testing framework for web applications.
- Portfolio of sample apps (Other amazing things)http://motisokar.github.io
Portfolio of sample apps.
LanguagesKotlin, Java, Python, SQL, Clojure, Haskell
ToolsGit, Jenkins, Jira
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile Software Development, Scrum
- Master's degree in Atmospheric Science2000 - 2004University of Nevada, Reno - Reno, Nevada
- Master's degree in Computational Physics1998 - 2000Nicolaus Copernicus University - Torun, Poland
- Bachelor's degree in Theoretical Physics1995 - 1998Nicolaus Copernicus University - Torun, Poland