Java Developer2014 - 2014MBC Ingeniería
Technologies: OpenGL ES, Android, Java
- Designed and developed an Android app for real-time monitoring of oil wells.
- Implemented communication between mobile front-end and back-end services via WebSocket protocol.
- Created a 3D visualization and animation with OpenGL ES framework.
- Solved various system integration tasks in a project.
- Implemented user interface with native GUI views.
Java Developer2013 - 2013Grupo Sellcom
Technologies: SOAP, Android, Java
- Supervised the development of an Android project.
- Developed a sales application used by field merchandisers and supervisors.
- Implemented the communication of a mobile client with SOAP Web services.
- Participated in technical interviews and training of new staff.
- Consulted on mobile development.
Java Developer2012 - 2012Mobiik
Technologies: Git, Android, Java
- Supported a previously developed application.
- Worked on troubleshooting production issues.
- Fixed bugs to enhance product reliability.
- Made adjustments to UI as necessary to meet client requirements.
- Worked with the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform.
- Worked on automated software tests.
- Used agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Worked on a team of 10 developers.
- Deployed software to different environments (development, test, and production).
Analyst and Developer2011 - 2012Storecheck
Technologies: Android, Java
- Created an Android application for data entry used by field auditors.
- Implemented GPS functionality in a mobile app.
- Worked with REST API.
- Developed a CRUD back-end with Java Server Pages.
- Learned and worked with MySQL.
Ph.D. student in Geophysics2008 - 2009University of Barcelona
- Worked on field deployment and remote monitoring of seismometers for collection of seismic data of snow avalanches.
- Performed statistical analysis of the retrieved experimental data.
- Presented results at a conference.
- Used MATLAB technical computing language and interactive environment for data visualization and analysis.
- Worked on the design, integration, and testing of scientific field equipment.
Localization Engineer2007 - 2008LocalVersion
- Did localization engineering and quality control of the Google SketchUp desktop application in four languages.
- Performed product testing.
- Provided technical support for translators.
- Performed technical translations from English to Polish.
- Performed a linguistic assessment of the Polish language version of the application.
- Used the Trados computer-assisted translation software suite.
Graduate Research Assistant2000 - 2004Desert Research Institute
Technologies: IDL, Fortran
- Worked on the implementation of new algorithms for numerical simulation of atmospheric physical processes in legacy Fortran code.
- Ported code from Fortran to Interactive Data Language (IDL).
- Performed data processing for my Master's Thesis (Thermodynamic Analysis of Marine Boundary Layer Stratocumulus).
- Collaborated with various research institutes.
- Participated in academic conferences and seminars.