Head of Operations2020 - 2022Startup
Technologies: Team Leadership, Product Ownership, Management, Operations
- Owned several products, led and managed various teams, and ran the end-to-end recruiting and vetting processes.
- Worked on cross-team functions to ensure day-to-day operations were working seamlessly, at a high capacity, and respecting tightly set SLAs and KPIs.
- Reported directly to the VP, worked closely with the HR and finance team, and regularly participated in CXO meetings. My engineering background and experience working with data made me a heavily data-driven and goal-focused manager.
Head of Technical Screening2017 - 2020Toptal
Technologies: Team Leadership, Product Ownership, Writing & Editing, Operations, Management
- Led the Toptal team responsible for interviews with new talent applying to become members of the Toptal community, vetting their qualifications, and evaluating their skills.
- Improved the processes regarding the technical screening of candidates and prepared new testing materials. My main idea was to move away from the whiteboard tests and focus on assessing real-world skills.
- Grew and diversified the team significantly over time. Oversaw the interviewing, evaluating, hiring, and training of new people.
Data Visualization Expert2019 - 2019StackPath
Technologies: D3.js, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Mapbox, Data Wrangling, Nova
- Designed and developed several custom maps using D3.js and MapBox.
- Designed a special MapBox background map to display the world population density as a backdrop, overlaying other points of interest.
- Helped analyze all existing data and prepare it for data visualization on a map.
Data Visualization Expert2019 - 2019Huxly News LLC
Technologies: Mapbox, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, OpenStreetMap, APIs
- Designed and developed a custom MapBox map used in the mobile news application.
- Helped analyze all existing data and prepared it for data visualization on a map.
- Worked closely with iOS developers on implementing the map inside several mobile views.
Front-end Developer and Data Analyst2018 - 2018Leicester University
- Designed and developed a map that complements the project, trying to estimate the economic and social cost of crime.
- Wrangled the data to get the best performance while keeping the dataset as big and detailed as possible.
- Optimized data visualizations and created dynamic heatmaps that change as we change time.
- Implemented lazy loading of big data sets in the background.
D3.js Animated Map-based Chart2016 - 2016CB&I (via Toptal)
- Manipulated 25,000 rows of data from an Excel file and prepared them for visualization using D3.js.
- Created a clustering algorithm that dynamically grouped data depending on the zoom level, the area of interest, and data attributes to get smooth map animations and transitions.
- Created various animated map examples to get the best presentation effect using different D3.js visualization techniques and cartographic projections.
Developer2016 - 2016MDEP (via Toptal)
- Reviewed the existing code that displays 3D data in the browser.
- Fixed a broken Cesium plugin, which stopped working in the latest Safari browser (both on iOS and OS X).
- Verified that the fixed solution is functioning correctly in all the main desktop browsers and the Android and iOS browsers.
Front-end Developer | Code Quiz Systems2015 - 2015Udemy (via Toptal)
- Developed a speed reading book-length calculator quiz.
- Integrated the calculator into the existing Udemy visual template.
- Based on the ready designs, I built the front end and brought them to life.
Lead AngularJS Developer2015 - 2015Radish Lab (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress, LeafletJS, D3.js, Mapbox, AngularJS, Data Wrangling, APIs
- Finished a museum app built on Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS.
- Created a D3.js-based interactive map that looks at the types of events people in the United States love the most, city by city.
- Designed a MapBox-based world map for a custom WordPress theme created by Radish Lab.
Freelance Developer2015 - 2015Austin Distributing (via Toptal)
Technologies: D3.js, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL
- Created a collapsible, zoomable panning tree with D3.js.
- Extracted and visualized data from the ERP system.
- Manipulated data from MS SQL database and prepared them for D3.js.
Web Developer2014 - 2015Tegetdot d.o.o. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Data Visualization, HTML5, CSS, Data Analytics, Angular Material, Mapbox, LeafletJS, AngularJS, GitHub, APIs
- Worked on a client-side AngularJS application, including implementation of the API and the app itself.
- Created a Mapbox-based map with real-time data from different location sensors.
- Created a heat map with Leaflet, Mapbox, and AngularJS to be used in data analysis.
Technologies: Data Visualization, Bootstrap, HTML5, Spotify API, LeafletJS, Heroku, MongoDB, AngularJS, APIs
- Developed a location-aware, responsive AngularJS application.
- Worked with music streaming services like the Rdio API and the Spotify API.
- Used the HTML5 geolocation for tracking user location on a map, including local weather integration via the Forecast.io API.
- Added social network integration with Facebook and Google+.
GIS Professional2013 - 2014KvarnerCAD d.o.o.
- Developed various desktop GIS applications using C# .NET and Intergraph GeoMedia technology.
- Created OGC services (WMS, WFS, and Gazetteer) and web clients that consumed those services.
- Designed and developed websites for small companies based on frameworks like Bootstrap and content management systems like WordPress.
- Handled system administration and provided IT support.
Software Architect2003 - 2013TEB Informatika d.o.o.
- Designed and developed a mobile data collection application with a real-time field GPS location, photo, and attribute data collection.
- Manipulated spatial data and created cartographic presentations and visualizations.
- Worked on spatial data collection with GPS. Involved in GPS data transformations from WGS84 to Croatian official coordinate systems and integrated the GPS and GIS in desktop and mobile environments.
- Contributed to developing a mobile mapping vehicle, especially with the data acquisition hardware integration (inertial system, D-GPS, odometer, 360°, and stereo video camera).
- Supported system administration and provided IT support.